Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E Bike security .....

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

The only good thing about this is it can make your bike safer by locking up beside them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Every cyclist who values their bicycle should be made to watch Hal Ruzal on YouTube, explaining how to lock your bike properly.
    I had never even thought of locking techniques until I watched a couple of his videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

tomasrojo wrote: »
    Though in that case they seem to have given up after the cutting one arm of the shackle.
    Their disc might have worn out, or the battery. These decent U locks usually need 2 full cuts to get off, as they cannot just twist off easily.

I saw a video of a skilled guy with a top of the range portable grinder with a cutting disc and the large battery was nearly used up. The scum here are nicking grinders out of aldi/lidl and are unskilled (takes longer and uses more disc & battery) and could be using grinding discs (not cutting ones).

If I was a pro thief I would not touch an ebike, far too heavy and expensive to get going again if you need a new computer and charger, if the battery was gone to then no way I would touch it with a barge pole!

The item we cannot mention is said to sell for £300 in scrap yards in the UK, I could fit a rake of them in a bag.

Advertisement