Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yahoo groups

Options
  • 18-12-2019 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

Does anyone understand the yahoo changes? If conversations and posts cannot be seen what are the groups for?

I am asking for a friend who is a member of one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Does anyone understand the yahoo changes? If conversations and posts cannot be seen what are the groups for?

I am asking for a friend who is a member of one

They are gone. From the Yahoo help page......

"Yahoo has made the decision to no longer allow content to be uploaded to the Yahoo Groups site. Don't worry, though, Yahoo Groups is not going away and new groups can still be created.

Beginning October 28, new content won't be able to be uploaded to the site, and all previously posted content on the site will be permanently removed after December 14. We will continue to process requests to download your content as long as they are submitted by January 31, 2020. "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

FanadMan wrote: »
    They are gone. From the Yahoo help page......

"Yahoo has made the decision to no longer allow content to be uploaded to the Yahoo Groups site. Don't worry, though, Yahoo Groups is not going away and new groups can still be created.

Beginning October 28, new content won't be able to be uploaded to the site, and all previously posted content on the site will be permanently removed after December 14. We will continue to process requests to download your content as long as they are submitted by January 31, 2020. "
    I read that but do not understand what is the point of them if content cannot be uploaded?

I'm a member of a still extant group but the policy has been changed.

I'm done with Yahoo groups.

Quality has been declining for the last 2 years

Got an email from yahoo in my yahoo mailbox about the brutal changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

I'm a member of a still extant group but the policy has been changed.

I'm done with Yahoo groups.

Quality has been declining for the last 2 years

Got an email from yahoo in my yahoo mailbox about the brutal changes.
    policy has been changed but what are they for if you cannot upload post to them

Advertisement