Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barber in Ennis

• 19-12-2019 11:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good barber in Ennis.Have tried the Barber shop across from Friary and Panache but both hit and miss.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I go to the barbers next to the station, been going there for years, father and son operation. It's awful i can't think of the actual name of it

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭crazyguy01

Will always recommend Nigel McCarthy, across from Enzos in Parnell Street, nice guy and very professional too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

crazyguy01 wrote: »
    Will always recommend Nigel McCarthy, across from Enzos in Parnell Street, nice guy and very professional too.

Avoid the market square in ennis , again very hit and miss !
    I find America barbers at crescent in limerick very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭fire_man

Thanks guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Deagol

The lads up by the hospital next to Kelly's corner do a decent job on the beard. The mrs cuts the hair (what's left of it) though so can't give an endorsement on that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

I got a great cut at a reasonable price in the barber's opposite Cahill's opticians in Cabey's Court. Nice guy and not too talkative! Will defo. go there again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 WardonGordon

Sorry to bump an old thread.

Looking to get a haircut in Ennis early next week and am a bit worried about getting a bad cut as I don’t know any of the barbers.

Can anyone recommend somewhere where I can get a good cut. Don’t mind spending more money for a good quality professional job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Deagol wrote: »
    The lads up by the hospital next to Kelly's corner do a decent job on the beard. The mrs cuts the hair (what's left of it) though so can't give an endorsement on that :)

House of handsome. Both of them are excellent imo very consistent. I generally get mine done in Dublin when I can but these lads are on the ball not much difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Toetohand

Clareman wrote: »
    I go to the barbers next to the station, been going there for years, father and son operation. It's awful i can't think of the actual name of it

Brendan Mulcaire and Ben Mulcaire top class and a great laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭Henrib

Hi, anyone know of a barber in Ennis that does nose waxing and or Fire Ear Hair Removal?

• Advertisement

Henrib wrote: »
    Hi, anyone know of a barber in Ennis that does nose waxing and or Fire Ear Hair Removal?

Genuine question. Is this a wind-up or are those really things that barbers do nowadays? I know I'm getting older but I'm a bit stunned by the thought of either of those things being real :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭Henrib

Deagol wrote: »
    Genuine question. Is this a wind-up or are those really things that barbers do nowadays? I know I'm getting older but I'm a bit stunned by the thought of either of those things being real :eek:

Yep apparently! A friend had ears, nose etc done this week (nowhere near Clare) so I thought I'd see if it was around Ennis and give it a go :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Some people are just different. I know a lad his eyebrows are practically growing half way down his nose completely oblivious to it I'd recommend this if I knew him a little better.

Some people are just different. I know a lad his eyebrows are practically growing half way down his nose completely oblivious to it I'd recommend this if I knew him a little better.

I'd have some eyebrow issues myself and I trim them a wee bit when I'm doing the beard - but waxing your nose? Jeepers.... :)

Advertisement