Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mount Hilary / Nagles

Options
  • 19-12-2019 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi Folks,

I live in Mallow & have gotten into mountainbiking over the last few months, have spent a good few great days in the ballyhoura's.

I went up to Mount Hilary once but only used fireroads.

When I went up to the Nagles entrance it had no cycling signs.

Wondering if anyone could shed a light on these 2 locations & their trails, would love to have more options close to home!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Havent been up there myself, but they're holding racing there next year

http://grassrootsenduro.com/2020-grassroots-enduro-series-dates/

maybe its just the section you visited, some of ballyhouras are walking trails only as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 justconrad

Ah that's cool, be good to see exactly were its on!

Ballyhoura's have nice walks as well as the trails alright. They have a "fitness loop" as well were you can do your pull ups etc. as you jog around it!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

justconrad for the Nagles mbcc maintain the enduro trails there. Club spins will be going on every few weeks from now on so its ideal to go up and get a feel for the place. They are a big step up skills wise compared to the ballyhoura loops (green, white, blue etc). For Mt Hillary there's only one trail, split into 3 sections. Its not in good condition these days, the place is more suited to doing a few laps on the fire roads to spin the legs. You'll find segments for both areas on strava or flick on the heat map and you'll see where the trails are

• Registered Users Posts: 12 justconrad

Peter, thanks a million that's super advice, really appreciate it!

I might give mbcc a shout once I've a few more months riding under my belt & see about joining in on the spins!

That's what I guessed about Mt.Hilary alright, nice spot for spinning the legs if you cant make it somewhere wilder.

Thanks for the info

Advertisement