If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG OLED Model Comparison

Options
  • 19-12-2019 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi Folks,

Kenny helped me pick an LG OLED 55B7 a year ago.

It was a great choice. I love it.

I can see there are OLED 55B9PLA and 55C9PLA
    Tvs on the site so I am assuming one of these would be an equivalent of that model now.

If so, what extra do I get for the C9 model over the B9? I did a comparison and the C9 seems to have Ultra HD Premium but I have no idea what that is.

Thanks,

Michael

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

micmaher wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Kenny helped me pick an LG OLED 55B7 a year ago.

It was a great choice. I love it.

I can see there are OLED 55B9PLA and 55C9PLA
    Tvs on the site so I am assuming one of these would be an equivalent of that model now.

If so, what extra do I get for the C9 model over the B9? I did a comparison and the C9 seems to have Ultra HD Premium but I have no idea what that is.

Thanks,

Michael
    Hi Michael,

Thanks for the post!

The main difference would be the processor. The B9 uses an Alpha 7 processor and the C9 uses the Alpha 9. This means the picture is a bit more stable and there is less "noise " in darker scenes. The picture in the C9 is an improvement over the B9 although the B series is still amazing (I own a B8 and I'm over the moon with it!)

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 28 micmaher

Thanks David, given I have a B model already and it does the job well I might avoid the temptation to go with the C model.

I'm not in any major hurry so I will probably wait and see if it will discount in the sales

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

micmaher wrote: »
    Thanks David, given I have a B model already and it does the job well I might avoid the temptation to go with the C model.

I'm not in any major hurry so I will probably wait and see if it will discount in the sales
    No problem at all MicMaher.

Our sale starts on Boxing Day.

Have a Merry Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭kala85

Does these oleds have a saorview tuner and a free sat tuner and the ability to load rte player in the smart section of the tv

• Registered Users Posts: 28 micmaher

kala85 wrote: »
    Does these oleds have a saorview tuner and a free sat tuner and the ability to load rte player in the smart section of the tv

I have the TV now. Yes to both your questions.

Best of luck

Michael

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

kala85 wrote: »
    Hi kala85,

Thanks for the input micmaher, you are quite correct it has a Saorview and Freesat tuner and can load RTE player from the app store!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

Hi , would you have LG 65 c9 in stock any time soon?
    How do you compare it to Sony AG8 ?
    Thanks.
    Time to change Samsung 65ks7000 to something modern.
    Leaning towards LG but haven’t decided yet .
    Picture quality and flawless interface would be biggest priority .(Already have 5.1 sound system, AVR 2400 , so sound quality doesn’t matter )

alec76 wrote: »
    Thanks.
    Picture quality and flawless interface would be biggest priority .(Already  have 5.1 sound system, AVR 2400 , so sound quality doesn’t matter )
    Hi Alec76.

Thanks for the post.

At the moment we have dropped the 65C9PLA from our website until fresh stock arrives into our main warehouse.
    However I do have one left brand new boxed which I can ship from here at the Belfast store.
    Currently priced at £2499 

Both the 65C9 and 65AG8 are fantastic televisions and it is hard to pick a winner. However in my opinion the Sony just pips it.
    The current Euro price on the 65AG8 of 2249 Euro is a much better deal than our current £2199 sterling price.

The price on the LG has fluctuated over the last few months but is currently showing on our .co.uk website as £2499

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Kenny,

Sorry for the confusion !! I’ve restored this thread, we’ll leave things as they are for now

Cheers,

S.

No worries at all The Ritz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

Thanks.
    Picture quality and flawless interface would be biggest priority .(Already  have 5.1 sound system, AVR 2400 , so sound quality doesn’t matter )
    Hi Alec76.

Thanks for the post.

At the moment we have dropped the 65C9PLA from our website until fresh stock arrives into our main warehouse.
    However I do have one left brand new boxed which I can ship from here at the Belfast store.

Both the 65C9 and 65AG8 are fantastic televisions and it is hard to pick a winner. However in my opinion the Sony just pips it.
    The current Euro price on the 65AG8 of 2249 Euro is a much better deal than our current £2199 sterling price.

The price on the LG has fluctuated over the last few months but is currently showing on our .co.uk website as £2499
    Thank you Kenny, at this price point Sony seems to be a winner..
     No Airplay or eARC though ?
     How is android interface, is it glitchy compare to LG OS ?
     I am really love my Samsung Tizen OS...

Thanks.
    Hi Alec76.

Thanks for the post.

Thank you Kenny, at this price point Sony seems to be a winner..
     No Airplay or eARC though ?
     How is android interface, is it glitchy compare to LG OS ?
     I am really love my Samsung Tizen OS...
    Hey Alec76.

Yeah the 65AG8 does not have either eARC or Airplay unfortunately.
    You need to go up to the AG9 series for the eARC.

An update may be released for Airplay 2 for the AG9 as Sony mentioned this at this years CES event.

The Android operating system from my experience here at the store works as any other does.
    I have an OLED myself at home and don't really see any performance difference between the LG OS and the Sony Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Hi Kenny, I'm just interested in the 65E9 and I'm wondering if there's wiggle room in the price atm.

Cheers.

Hi Kenny, I'm just interested in the 65E9 and I'm wondering if there's wiggle room in the price atm.

Cheers.
    Hi Speckydodge.

Unfortunately not £1999 would be the best on it as it only just dropped in price by £500 on Saturday.

Stock is limited on this deal and I can't see it lasting for very long. (I think it was only to be a weekend special).

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Hi Speckydodge.

Unfortunately not £1999 would be the best on it as it only just dropped in price by £500 on Saturday.

Stock is limited on this deal and I can't see it lasting for very long. (I think it was only to be a weekend special).

OK thanks for the quick reply

Originally posted by Richersounds.ie: Kenny
    Hi Speckydodge.

OK thanks for the quick reply
    No problem at all SpeckyDodge.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.