Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas bonus into pension?

• 19-12-2019 9:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭

Hi all, recently received a nice Christmas bonus from work, of course the taxman took a fair chomp out of it, which has me wondering if it would be possible to have the bonus paid into my pension fund (private pension), would that avoid the tax (for now, I know the pension itself will be income taxable later).

Just pondering but would appreciate advice from those who know more than me.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

bladespin wrote: »
    Hi all, recently received a nice Christmas bonus from work, of course the taxman took a fair chomp out of it, which has me wondering if it would be possible to have the bonus paid into my pension fund (private pension), would that avoid the tax (for now, I know the pension itself will be income taxable later).

Just pondering but would appreciate advice from those who know more than me.

Yep depending on your age, you could put a % of your salary into an AVC (Salary limit capped at €115k)

Have a read of the below link

https://www.revenue.ie/en/jobs-and-pensions/pensions/tax-relief-for-pension-contributions.aspx

Advertisement