Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J. K. Rowling is cancelled because she is a T.E.R.F [ADMIN WARNING IN POST #1]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

LLMMLL wrote: »
    I assume the country you're referring to is Iran.

You are concerned that identity politics caused this situation in.....IRAN?

Iran is well known as the centre of identity politics.

No, not Iran. In Iran they would kill the couple.

Speak to gay men in Ireland who were out pre legalisation, the ****e they went through to now be able to openly love who they want without shame and you’d drive them back into the closet for not getting it up for “boy vagina”.

Twisted, genuinely twisted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

I cant change what im in into, I would never expect a gay, lesbian or bi person change their preferences. What youre saying is the total opposite of tolerance.

Nobody has asked you to change your preferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭raclle

What is this debate all about?.
    We're still trying to figure out. Seems to have strayed from bashing JKR

Gervais08 wrote: »
    No, not Iran. In Iran they would kill the couple.

Speak to gay men in Ireland who were out pre legalisation, the ****e they went through to now be able to openly love who they want without shame and you’d drive them back into the closet for not getting it up for “boy vagina”.

Twisted, genuinely twisted.

People are being pressured in Ireland to have sex changes by their wealthy family rather than be gay??? Any link to back this up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

You just said if I wouldnt sleep with a trans man then im transphobic!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

People who ask me would I be interested in an anonymous symbolic persons penis or vagina. I'd really have to know who that penis or vagina was attached to to answer. But that's just me.

That's okay. You can say you are bisexual. It is fine.

I am unisexual. There is only one sex I would ever like to have sex with.

You just said if I wouldnt sleep with a trans man then im transphobic!

Never said that. Please read my post carefully.

They are NOT preferences!!! That is blatant homophobia!!

Sexual orientation is as hard wired into DNA as eye or hair colour - I’m as straight as I am left handed.

Gruffalox wrote: »
    That's okay. You can say you are bisexual. It is fine.

I am unisexual. There is only one sex I would ever like to have sex with.

I'm not bi but thanks for taking such interest.

People are being pressured in Ireland to have sex changes by their wealthy family rather than be gay??? Any link to back this up?

Deliberately misunderstanding and I am done trying to debate with you.

• Advertisement

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Deliberately misunderstanding and I am done trying to debate with you.

No you said there was a country where people were pressured into surgery rather than be gay. This is commonky said about Iran, though I don't know how true it actually is. What country did you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

raclle wrote: »
    We're still trying to figure out. Seems to have strayed from bashing JKR

These discussions tend to move on, and that's life.

Wonder to this day as to how a few trans here and there have managed to strangle our thoughts and lives. Well not mine, but just saying.

Genital preference is transphobic, according to the model you follow. You have specifically said that to declare ab initio that one will not date people with certain genitalia is transphobic IF those people one rules out are transgender people. One can rule out natal sexes genitalia, but must not rule out trans persons genitalia. Implicit in this is the suggestion which you seem to support that the trans person's act of gender identification has done something truly substantial to their genitalia that in essence transmutes them.

You are saying that if a person is not attracted to a trans person that is transphobic per se. You equate it to racism. So if a hetero guy said I am not attracted to trans women you say this is transphobic. Same with hetero gal and trans man. Same with gay guy and trans man . same with lesbian and transwoman. The reason why you are saying it is transphobic is because you believe that trans identifying person has undergone transubstantiation. That transwoman is female in your opinion. But can you not see how it gives rise to ludicrous realities. In order to satisfy your demand of human nature people will have to lie and be secretive. We will be regressing to a time of in the closet and behind closed doors regarding sexual preferences.

Not what I believe and not what I said.

A person who doesn't want to sleep with a trans person may or may not be transphobic.

A person who comes onto forums to publically declare how they would never sleep with a trans person is definitely transphobic. This is equivalent to telling the world that you'd never sleep with an Asian person or black person.

I'm not bi but thanks for taking such interest.

If you are happy to erotically entertain dick or fanny, because your attraction depends on the person and not their genitalia, then you are bisexual.

Genital preference is transphobic, according to the model you follow. You have specifically said that to declare ab initio that one will not date people with certain genitalia is transphobic IF those people one rules out are transgender people. One can rule out natal sexes genitalia, but must not rule out trans persons genitalia. Implicit in this is the suggestion which you seem to support that the trans person's act of gender identification has done something truly substantial to their genitalia that in essence transmutes them.

This is a real twisting of what I actually said.

I did not say that you can rule out "natal sexes genitalia" but can't rule out "trans persons genitalia".

What I actually said was that if the reason you publically announce that you wouldn't sleep with or date a trans person is because they don't have your required genitalia but then you're fine with a cis person lacking those genitalia then you are lying about why you wouldn't date or sleep with a trans person.

At no point did I say or imply that people "can't" rule out anyone's genitalia. People can do what they wAnt.

It's very telling that rather than address what I say this position has to be invented for me where I'm telling people who they have to sleep with. It's such nonsense.

If you are happy to erotically entertain dick or fanny, because your attraction depends on the person and not their genitalia, then you are bisexual.

Again you're reducing everything to genitals. Honestly it seems you think the only thing people are attracted to are penises and vaginas.

I'm not even trying to score points here. That's literally the consequences of everything you've said about me.

Not what I believe and not what I said.

A person who doesn't want to sleep with a trans person may or may not be transphobic.

A person who comes onto forums to publically declare how they would never sleep with a trans person is definitely transphobic. This is equivalent to telling the world that you'd never sleep with an Asian person or black person.

No it is not. It is a completely false equivalence. It is not a gotcha. No one can identify into their race or ethnicity. It is an immutable quality. People can identify as their gender expression. It is not immutable. To discriminate based on immutable qualities is indeed discrimination.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

There aren’t enough adjectives in the world to accurately describe how much I loathe the word cis.

No it is not. It is a completely false equivalence. It is not a gotcha. No one can identify into their race or ethnicity. It is an immutable quality. People can identify as their gender expression. It is not immutable. To discriminate based on immutable qualities is indeed discrimination.

If that's truly your belief and then since in your opinion sex is immutable then it must be wrong for a straight person to sexually discriminate against someone of the same sex as them.

That's what your logic leads to.

Of course I don't believe that discrimination can only be based on some made up mutable/immutable distinction so it doesn't really matter to me.

• Advertisement

SusieBlue wrote: »
    There aren’t enough adjectives in the world to accurately describe how much I loathe the word cis.

I asked someone not to use it to describe me and they called me prejudiced.

Against that word, yeah guilty as charged.

This whole issue applies to such a tiny cohort, who can decide who or what they want to be by law now.

What is the problem?

If that's truly your belief and then since in your opinion sex is immutable then it must be wrong for a straight person to sexually discriminate against someone of the same sex as them.

That's what your logic leads to.

Of course I don't believe that discrimination can only be based on some made up mutable/immutable distinction so it doesn't really matter to me.

What?

tenor.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

What?

tenor.gif

It would make your eyes bleed wouldn’t it.

The only complete fcukery I can equate it to is flat earthers. It is literally that level of stupid.

This is so much worse than Covid. Who is behind this shyte?

I have removed my monthly long-standing support for StonewallUK and instead send it to LGB Alliance.

I imagine I will be branded phobic in some way but when a tiny minority shame my gay and lesbian brothers and sisters because of their sexual orientation based on some made up attention seeking nonsense - then yeah brand away. I only care about the opinions of the sane and rational.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I don’t even really consider it racist to say a certain look or ethnicity generally doesn’t do it for you. To be indelicate, what makes your bits tingle is pretty involuntary. People have a good idea what they like and don’t like in a partner.

I don’t even really consider it racist to say a certain look or ethnicity generally doesn’t do it for you. To be indelicate, what makes your bits tingle is pretty involuntary. People have a good idea what they like and don’t like in a partner.

I like pale men, bit of a ginger thing of be told. I was called racist once for dating I didn’t agree Idris Elba was hot.

I don’t think Jude Law, any of the Hensworths or Daniel Craig are hot - it’s not a race thing!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭seenitall

Well, to be fair, what if you had a man who is attracted singularly to, oh I don’t know, black women. He is straight and doesn’t discriminate against gays by simply being straight. But does he discriminate against white or Asian or any other races of women? I’d say no, not in the sense of racism, because I don’t think we can help what we fancy or not, in terms of racial characteristics, either. I believe that is also programmed in us, and why would we want to change it anyway? Even if it’s immutable qualities we are drawn to or repelled by. There is plenty of space in this world for all tastes.

And this is not an unusual issue, btw. I have a friend who is into men of dark complexion, the darker the better to be honest. She hasn’t been with a white man in about 20 years. Is she racist?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Have a Google, plenty of woke nonses calling for "ethnicity filter" to be removed in dating apps and when they have then pushing for platform to promote non white profiles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement