Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J. K. Rowling is cancelled because she is a T.E.R.F [ADMIN WARNING IN POST #1]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

LLMMLL wrote: »
    The only reason to come into a thread about trans rights and state that you would never sleep with them is to dehumanise them. The intent is clear.
    I'm Straight I would never sleep with a man. Frankly it continues to surprise me that Straight women and Gay men choose to do so. Does this mean I am dehumanising men? Eh... no. No it doesn't.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Wibbs wrote: »
    I'm Straight I would never sleep with a man. Frankly it continues to surprise me that Straight women and Gay men choose to do so. Does this mean I am dehumanising men? Eh... no. No it doesn't.

Wish I could have a middle finger to bandy about in my avatar sometimes. Would really convey I feel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Wibbs wrote: »

I’m straight and as much as I can look at her who plays Wonder Woman and think she is smoking hot - I wouldn’t be attracted to her, why ? As she is a woman. With womanly bits. And that’s not how I’m wired.

Give me Jamie Dornan in a towel and the DNA wants what the DNA wants ....!!

Do I treat the transgender as less than human ? Of course not ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Gervais08 wrote: »
    How can anyone believe that “transwomen are women” without believIng they “become women” in some way ????
    As i said before, its something you have to make the conscious choice to believe since it runs counter to everything we know about human biology and basic logic. It's a matter of faith and no amount of reasoning will shake the conviction of someone who is determined to believe it.

As i said before, its something you have to make the conscious choice to believe since it runs counter to everything we know about human biology and basic logic. It's a matter of faith and no amount of reasoning will shake the conviction of someone who is determined to believe it.

So there really is no reasoning with these people ???

Do they realise the enormous damage they are doing or like all true fanatics do they not care ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Any thread about Trans people will have discussions about sex, and the preference of people regarding sex with Trans people.

Why? Because there have been reports of Trans people getting offended by people refusing them (many of which were posted to this thread). For example, The case of Trans people declaring that lesbians are transphobic because they won't have sex with "a woman" with a penis,. A heterosexual male who declares his own preference on a thread related to Trans people (not trans rights) isn't dehumanising anyone. His opinion doesn't remove any essence of being human, or respect that a trans person has as a person...

There are so many categories under 'the trans umbrella' now, promulgated by extreme transactivist orgs like Stonewall, that crossdressers, drag queens and agp's are now considered such.
    It is such a disservice to genuine people suffering from gender dysphoria, such a massive disservice.
    There is a huge amount of pressure on lesbians in particular, to conform and accept these umbrella men into their dating pool with no exception.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Yeah...where did the transvestites go?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Do they realise the enormous damage they are doing or like all true fanatics do they not care ?

What they believe they're saying:

92998-99997-s99999-free-gas-homer-simpson-logic-22220269.png

What they're actually saying:

flawless-logic_o_227631.jpg

[quote="suicide_circus;1146796.where did the transvestites go?[/quote]

According a self described “social justice activist” I’ve the misfortune to work with (God bless you working from home!!) - transvestism is outright mocking of the trans community.

At least Eddie Izzard et al are honest about what they’re doing and not trying to deny science and biology.

And to be honest who didn’t fancy Bowie in his lipsticked heyday????

LLMMLL wrote: »
    The only reason to come into a thread about trans rights and state that you would never sleep with them is to dehumanise them. The intent is clear.

You literally only read what you want to read, don't you? Instead of actually reading what's there in plain black and white? Not sure if trolling or there's something else at work.
    According a self described “social justice activist” I’ve the misfortune to work with (God bless you working from home!!) - transvestism is outright mocking of the trans community.

At least Eddie Izzard et al are honest about what they’re doing and not trying to deny science and biology.

And to be honest who didn’t fancy Bowie is his lipsticked heyday????

Yeah, that's what Paul O'Grady was going for when he used to do Lily Savage.. .. ..

Have these people, these fascists (cos that's exactly what they are, and then some), any actual comprehension of basic reason or logic whatsoever? Cos last I checked 2+2 still equaled 4, not infinity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Glad she's cancelled her books are ****e.

So, if you don't like books they should be censored? Plus ça change. Maybe they should be put on the Vatican's Index. Would you like that? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,308 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

And to be honest who didn’t fancy Bowie in his lipsticked heyday????

I think you'll find Eddie Izzard now identifies as transgender and apparently always was despite him stating otherwise many times over the years. I always admired his defiance of gender stereotypes as a man who liked make up and dresses. Now make up and dresses = woman

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    I think you'll find Eddie Izzard now identifies as transgender and apparently always was despite him stating otherwise many times over the years. I always admired his defiance of gender stereotypes

Oh he doesn’t does he ??? For years he was a rare voice of sanity. Disappointed.

I think you'll find Eddie Izzard now identifies as transgender and apparently always was despite him stating otherwise many times over the years. I always admired his defiance of gender stereotypes as a man who liked make up and dresses. Now make up and dresses = woman

"He uses transgender as an umbrella term. When asked what pronouns he prefers, Izzard said "either 'he' or 'she.'" In the past, Izzard identified as a transvestite, and he has also called himself "a lesbian trapped in a man's body" and "a complete boy plus half girl"." wiki

So, yeah. he's embraced the transgender nonsense of applying it to all 'types'.

Oh he doesn’t does he ??? For years he was a rare voice of sanity. Disappointed.

I'm not sure he identifies as a trans woman, just transgender and uses male and female pronouns depending on what he's wearing or if he's in "girl mode" or "boy mode". Non binary I guess? Its all very confusing but at the core of it seems to be the premise that being a woman is based on clothes and make up and maybe a "feeling ".

I'm not sure he identifies as a trans woman, just transgender and uses male and female pronouns depending on what he's wearing or if he's in "girl mode" or "boy mode". Non binary I guess? Its all very confusing.

Talk about having your cake and eating it too. FFS

Can I identify as a chimpanzee seeing as though our DNA is 95% identical? Cos then I could go breaking laws with no fear of punishment cos I'm not a human!

I once semi jokingly described myself as a gay man trapped in a woman’s body - as I’ve a lot in common with the gay community, feel a real kinship there.

Asked “did I feel non binary”. What the **** does that actually mean ??? I’m a woman who gets on with gay men.

Isn’t that enough???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭seenitall

"He uses transgender as an umbrella term. When asked what pronouns he prefers, Izzard said "either 'he' or 'she.'" In the past, Izzard identified as a transvestite, and he has also called himself "a lesbian trapped in a man's body" and "a complete boy plus half girl"." wiki

So, yeah. he's embraced the transgender nonsense of applying it to all 'types'.

Heh. Just based on those quotes, he sounds like he’d love to be more left of field on the sexuality spectrum, but is to his own chagrin, in fact, both a skirt-wearer and -chaser. Bless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Whole issue is confusing. When you think you get it and accept that there are males who feel they are woman/female and want to be perceived at that, saying how they suffer in male body, you think sure if they want it let them go for it...
    And then you find that there is "woman/female penis". So, obvious conclusion is that they perhaps are not that inconvenienced with having male body parts if they want to use them. So they still want to be a woman/female but have no problem to use and enjoy male body parts.

I guess Asians figured out this long time ago and these people are called lady-boy. Which is pretty self explanatory and remove any confusion.

So if I understand it correctly if a male get to some intimate moment with who he thought is a woman/female yet this person still has a penis is this man a transphobe if he gets offended or run away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

They don't care. It's the feeling of moral superiority that they like in my opinion. Just look at LLMLL's continuous attempts to label everyone they are discussing with as a racist or transphobe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Am sure it's not news to some but I just found out that the actress Gina Carano (the mandalorian and deadpool) is in hot bother and people want her to lose her job on the mandalorian because she changed her twitter bio (yes of all things) to read "beep / bop / boop"

Accordingly she's mocking trans people as the whole pronoun thing. But also according to Gina herself, loads of people were tweeting at her to place pronouns on her twitter in the first place...

So she does the whole beep bop thing and que loads of people sending tweets out directed at her calling her "ugly bitch", "transphobe", "I hope you die" and more lovely things. All of which you can see here
    https://mobile.twitter.com/davereaboi/status/1305617212447875079?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1305617212447875079%7Ctwgr%5Eshare_0&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-20423328432092468663.ampproject.net%2F2009040024003%2Fframe.html

I am really starting to dislike the trans community as it appears if you do not place trans people on a pedestal you are a transphobe.

Jesus the bile there. Frightening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

And the absolute delicious irony of it is that most actual women would never speak that way. Their maleness is showing in their absolute aggressive contempt for what it is they want to be but know they never ever credibly can be.

And the absolute delicious irony of it is that most actual women would never speak that way. Their maleness is showing in their absolute aggressive contempt for what it is they want to be but know they never ever credibly can be.

You have women defending men threatening and abusing women because they want to be them.

It’s mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Am sure it's not news to some but I just found out that the actress Gina Carano (the mandalorian and deadpool) is in hot bother and people want her to lose her job on the mandalorian because she changed her twitter bio (yes of all things) to read "beep / bop / boop"

Accordingly she's mocking trans people as the whole pronoun thing. But also according to Gina herself, loads of people were tweeting at her to place pronouns on her twitter in the first place...

So she does the whole beep bop thing and que loads of people sending tweets out directed at her calling her "ugly bitch", "transphobe", "I hope you die" and more lovely things. All of which you can see here
    https://mobile.twitter.com/davereaboi/status/1305617212447875079?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1305617212447875079%7Ctwgr%5Eshare_0&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-20423328432092468663.ampproject.net%2F2009040024003%2Fframe.html

I am really starting to dislike the trans community as it appears if you do not place trans people on a pedestal you are a transphobe.

They are completely nuts. I just can't imagine what goes on in their heads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

And I am genuinely reluctant to call people or statements misogynistic. I don’t like any word being thrown around too much. But the bile she and Rowling have had spewed at them has a certain woman-resenting flavour to it.

Also, the goddamn humourlessness. I think “pronouns: beep/bop/boop” is pretty funny. If you can’t laugh at yourself, you’re in trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Also, the goddamn humourlessness. I think “pronouns: beep/bop/boop” is pretty funny. If you can’t laugh at yourself, you’re in trouble.

Lol! Fair play to Carano. She comes from MMA so she should be well able to handle herself with bullies like that.

I hope she gets supported on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

And I am genuinely reluctant to call people or statements misogynistic. I don’t like any word being thrown around too much. But the bile she and Rowling have had spewed at them has a certain woman-resenting flavour to it.

Yeah, these people always seem to have no sense of humour whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Twitter is a cesspit of morons. I don't know why anyone engages with it.

• Advertisement

Oh look, another woman on the receiving end of abuse and threats from people claiming to represent a certain community. I'm seeing a pattern here. I'm sure there are people trawling through her every comment trying to find something, anything to use against her. Perfectly normal behaviour. To the ducking stool with her!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement