Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J. K. Rowling is cancelled because she is a T.E.R.F [ADMIN WARNING IN POST #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭WashYourHands

Weird timing. Who challenged her by saying sex is not real though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Weird timing. Who challenged her by saying sex is not real though?

I'd say the timing is very deliberate. The Scottish GRA is being passed which will remove the legal class of biological women. Any bloke in a dress could rock up and say he was a woman and it would be a crime to say he wasn't. She has been dropping tweets regarding this in the last couple of weeks, including a mistaken tweet where she pasted the wrong content in a tweet that referenced a transwoman who was convicted of assaulting a woman. Tonight is an escalation of the debate and she will definitely stand her ground.

She knows exactly what she is doing, and it is all very measured. It has to be, I suppose, considering the largely young, impressionable audience she has who have been brainwashed and socially engineered by gender ideology. It is really very brave what she is doing. Someone tweeted that she is channelling Neville Longbottom standing her ground against the mob.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

New outrage alert.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,174 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Dante7 wrote: »
    J.K. Rowling has attracted a lot attention tonight by tweeting that women menstruate...

Up to the age of 45.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I am shocked. I have not heard anything like it in roughly 20 years. I mean I must have been in secondary school, most likely biology class when I last heard such offence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Who
    Cares

The only thing annoying about it is that she claims expertise where she has none.

I wrote a series of wildly successful children's books. Now I will enlighten you on biology or whatever it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭nutjobb

It's sad to see that people get so upset about someone speaking facts because they can't manage their own emotions.

Like, it's getting to the stage where you just have to laugh at all the bullsh1t..

Can we just get rid of the internet maybe?..

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Go Jk

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Up to the age of 45.

Are you a guy? If not and you think it stops at 45, I'm afraid I have news for you.

I will spare you the details regarding 'stops', which isn't an entirely accurate description.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,510 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Couple Q

What are Twitter blue ticks?

What is the Scottish GRA?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭JL555

Facts and science are so uncool these days, hundreds of years ago people were lynched and burned alive because of their scientific discoveries and ideas. Galileo had to retract his scientific 'beliefs' or face torture.

Today in the 21st century we are being told stupid things like sex is a social construct, and if we don't believe it we are oppressive fascists, jurisdictions are passing laws to compel people to use pronouns that fly in the face of science.

The day might come when people are incarcerated for stating science as fact, hopefully getting burned at the stake does not return for such crimes.

When I wake up in the morning I must apologise to my kids for bringing them into this sh!t show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭afatbollix

What is Biological sex?

And why is it real...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,679 ✭✭✭storker

I don't disagree with Ms Rowling, but she does seem to have become a bit of a rent-a-quote, making pronunciations as if they carry additional weight because they come from her. Perhaps I'm being unfair; she may just see herself as a just another Twitter user giving her opinion, to which she's certainly entitled, and the "weight" is attributed to her her statements not by her but by others (I'm looking at lazy mainstream hack "journalists") She's an author, that's it. Anyone who thinks this makes her more right about something needs to read up on the Appeal to Unqualified Authority fallacy. As it happens I agree with her, but I agreed with her before she said anything, not because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Sad sign of the times when this is considered a controversial statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Like, it's getting to the stage where you just have to laugh at all the bullsh1t..

Can we just get rid of the internet maybe?..

If it was just on the internet it wouldn't matter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

She's lucky she's already made her millions. Otherwise the mentally unstable trans brigade would have her out of a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭kaymin

storker wrote: »
    I don't disagree with Ms Rowling, but she does seem to have become a bit of a rent-a-quote, making pronunciations as if they carry additional weight because they come from her. Perhaps I'm being unfair; she may just see herself as a just another Twitter user giving her opinion, to which she's certainly entitled, and the "weight" is attributed to her her statements not by her but by others (I'm looking at lazy mainstream hack "journalists") She's an author, that's it. Anyone who thinks this makes her more right about something needs to read up on the Appeal to Unqualified Authority fallacy. As it happens I agree with her, but I agreed with her before she said anything, not because of it.

Her pronunciations carry greater weight because she reaches a much larger audience than you and I. I find it a relief that someone with her following is willing to take a stand and take the grief that will surely come her way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

blergh wrote: »
    Who
    Cares

The only thing annoying about it is that she claims expertise where she has none.

I wrote a series of wildly successful children's books. Now I will enlighten you on biology or whatever it is.
    It's not unusual.

"I wrote a successful comedy about priests in the 90s. Now I'm going to spend over a decade vigorously fighting against transgender rights."

s1ippy wrote: »
    It's not unusual.

"I wrote a successful comedy about priests in the 90s. Now I'm going to spend over a decade vigorously fighting against transgender rights."

Or, has spent a decade standing up for women's rights and stood his ground with integrity while under attack from the baying mob, and all for having the audacity to say that humans can't change sex. He has also shown huge courage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,330 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

It's not unusual.

No, FOR female rights.

Whatever, I'm not going to be drawn into anything here because it's not twitter. I say this as a long-term pandemisexual neuroqueer activist (shi/his).

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

spurious wrote: »
    Are you a guy? If not and you think it stops at 45, I'm afraid I have news for you.

I will spare you the details regarding 'stops', which isn't an entirely accurate description.

Nooooooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

From what I seen this kicked off after she questioned some kind of article title that said "Creating a more equal post-COVID-19 world for people who menstruate"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

It's not unusual.

That fighting on twitter is still better than Count Arthur Strong.
    [I assume; I don't remember reading any of it.]
    Count Arthur Strong was very bad though. Made me wonder if Father Ted and the IT Crowd would have been **** without their strong casts too.

Anyway, back on topic. JK Rowling is kinda hot, in spite of being 54.
    I see her tweet followed a tweet about an article referring to "people who menstruate".
    Well yeah that's just silly. Anyone who takes offence to saying women menstruate is definitely looking for something to take offence to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Less than half a percent of people identify as transgender - how does this generate such a strong debate (one way or the other)?

- Stupidlikeafox (himself/yer man)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Biological Male Biological Female that is all! Fair play to JK for not cowering away like other cowardly public figures!

Whatever, I'm not going to be drawn into anything here because it's not twitter. I say this as a long-term pandemisexual neuroqueer activist (shi/his).

"pandemisexual neuroqueer". More made up attention seeking bull****. Name one person you are sexually attracted to that a bisexual wouldn't be?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

blergh wrote: »
    Who
    Cares

She's done a whole lot more than write a few kids books to be fair to her.

She strikes me as a very level headed person with a lot of cop on and a great dislike of any type of oppression or bullying. She's not afraid to call a spade a spade either and has called out (and even sued) newspapers for their lies on numerous occasions.

Does she have any expertise on the matter at hand ? I don't have a clue but I wouldn't doubt that she is well read on the matter.

• Advertisement

Dante7 wrote: »
    "pandemisexual neuroqueer". More made up attention seeking bull****. Name one person you are sexually attracted to that a bisexual wouldn't be?
    * Said with RTÉ reporter accent *

COvid-nointcheen

Ps Graham Linehan has "Neuroqueer" as his twitter bio, I was taking the mick. It's actually in quite poor taste of him because I believe he's having a go at autistic people with that. So long as he doesn't go after the Greeks I spose.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement