Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

J. K. Rowling is cancelled because she is a T.E.R.F [ADMIN WARNING IN POST #1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭ingalway

But it's not easier for them, it's exactly the same. Your gender isn't tested or challenged when entering these places. Whether you have a GRC or not is irrelevant because you will never be asked to produce it.
    The point is that males should not be in female spaces in the first place. If they are there then it's obvious it's for the wrong reasons. Self ID and GRC have made it seem it is ok for trans identifying males to be in female spaces and the actions of TRA's to call women who challenge this transphobic bigots and TERFs, often with threats of violence, often makes women keep quiet. The other tactic is to tell women to just be 'kind', that trans woman are women just like you so you have nothing to fear.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

But it's not easier for them, it's exactly the same. Your gender isn't tested or challenged when entering these places. Whether you have a GRC or not is irrelevant because you will never be asked to produce it.

That’s insane - the point is that women are terrified now to say anything for fear of being branded “phobic” - when you are naked you should not have to feel vulnerable that a man is in the room with you!!

And for rape and domestic violence victims to have to share a space with a man is just unconscionable.

ingalway wrote: »
    According to CSO stats 81% of victims of sexual assault crimes are female, 98%, THAT IS 98%, of those crimes were committed by men. I think that is covered by my 'almost all'
    Where did you get you info re lesbian violence, Pink News?!
    https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/ep/p-rcvo/recordedcrimevictims2019andsuspectedoffenders2018/#:~:text=Majority%20of%20homicide%20(82%25),crimes%20(81%25)%20were%20female&text=There%20were%2040%20male%20victims,recorded%20by%20An%20Garda%20S%C3%ADoch%C3%A1na.

It’s a red herring argument - for every 100 relationships, the type with the highest number of domestic abuse claims are lesbian relationships.

As numbers themselves go - tiny. But it serves the misogynists well to use as a stat to gaslight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

If course it is easier for them. 90% of sexual assaults that occur in dressing/changing rooms occur in Unisex facilities that males have free access which proves that giving males easier access will increase assaults. Self ID gives males easier access. In a society where a GRC is required, women, or staff, or authorities can challenge males and kick them out before they can assault. But with self ID, offenders are emboldened. Does this really need to be spelled out? Are the woke really this dumb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/09/26/california-to-house-transgender-inmates-by-gender-identity/amp/

As of now all prisoners in California will be sent to prison according to the gender as which they identify. There is a derogation included regarding very violent prisoners. I don't know where those will be sent.

Perversely I am glad about this law as now the effects can be studied. Dreadful of me but it is good to see ideologues tested. Same as how the Dutch model of affirmation treatment for dysphoria in minors was put wholesale into practise in the UK - it was supported vociferously by so called progressive activists and organisations who abused those wary as phobic monsters and who are now forced to delete their historical support from public platforms as it turns out it is not good for children. But at least we have had the in vivo experiment. And the records will be there.

So we will have Newson's in vivo experiment and see in a few years how that has fared compared to the theoretical aspiration. Of course there will be assaults. I am sorry in advance for those who will be harmed, just as I was very sorry in advance for those vulnerable children whose puberties have been thoroughly demolished and who will now depend on a lifetime of synthetic hormones or attempt to live with irreversible changes. There will also be babies conceived willingly in prison. And so on. Crime stats will be skewed. Whatever. Make it so. The records will then be there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

This debate is over. The pronoun brigade are just too obtuse to realise it. As soon as the expert working group in the UK released its findings that stated that children aren't born in the wrong body, the whole house of cards comes tumbling down. This, and the affirmation model was the foundation that this nonsense was built upon, and they have now been declared to be wrong. We even have the likes of Mermaids doing reverse ferrets and now stating that children aren't born in the wrong body. We'll see similar uturns here when the penny drops and and advocacy groups try to cling on to funding. Next comes the lawsuits and the obvious calls for Ireland to follow suit and to repeal the 2015 GRA act which was brought it without expert consultation. It's over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Looks like someone is gone crying to feedback to get a discussion shut down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Dante7 wrote: »
    This debate is over. The pronoun brigade are just too obtuse to realise it. As soon as the expert working group in the UK released its findings that stated that children aren't born in the wrong body, the whole house of cards comes tumbling down.
    It's pretty terrifying how readily people bought into this concept though. A few minutes thought reveals it to be absurd but people went along with it.

It's pretty terrifying how readily people bought into this concept though. A few minutes thought reveals it to be absurd but people went along with it.

People do crazy things. And well-insulated people on the sidelines rush to applaud. You have gangs looting, firebombing, pillaging and generally defacing their cities in America operating under a banner of Defund the Police. Uh yeah, looks like a great idea. And insulated people defending it. Weirdos. The people applauding most loudly from the sidelines in this debate are never likely to be that effected. They don't go to prison. They have private therapists for their vulnerable children. They don't shop with the plebs and use open plan changing rooms. They don't use rape or domestic violence refuges. Plus ca change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Gatling wrote: »
    Looks like someone is gone crying to feedback to get a discussion shut down

Pathetic. I’m surprised it took so long.

• Advertisement

Pathetic. I’m surprised it took so long.

Maybe woken up on the wrong side of the bed ,but what if the bed identifies as a horse ?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Slowyourrole

Dante7 wrote: »
    If course it is easier for them. 90% of sexual assaults that occur in dressing/changing rooms occur in Unisex facilities that males have free access which proves that giving males easier access will increase assaults. Self ID gives males easier access. In a society where a GRC is required, women, or staff, or authorities can challenge males and kick them out before they can assault. But with self ID, offenders are emboldened. Does this really need to be spelled out? Are the woke really this dumb?

This is all in your head. It doesn't give anyone easier access to assault people because you are not required to prove your gender to use changing rooms.

We've had self ID for five years. How many cases can you find of it being misused to assault women in a situation they would not otherwise have been able to? Do you have any actual professional understanding of sex offenders in general that would lead you to believe this is a process they would be emboldened by?

This is all in your head. It doesn't give anyone easier access to assault people because you are not required to prove your gender to use changing rooms.

We've had self ID for five years. How many cases can you find of it being misused to assault women in a situation they would not otherwise have been able to? Do you have any actual professional understanding of sex offenders in general that would lead you to believe this is a process they would be emboldened by?

People are noting what appears to be trouble being caused via Self ID mechanisms in Ireland and you are seeking via feedback to have those examples removed.

Gruffalux wrote: »
    People are noting what appears to be trouble being caused via Self ID mechanisms in Ireland and you are seeking via feedback to have those examples removed.

I've referred only to one case in Feedback, which is currently before the courts and under a court order. If that case is all you have, maybe it's not as big a problem as you think.

which is currently before the courts and under a court order.

Funny because Barbie has been identified publicly which court order are you referring to

You’re a man aren’t you ?? No way a woman would blithely disregard our safety like this.

Funny because Barbie has been identified publicly which court order are you referring to

Do you mean identified in the reports of a court case?

Gervais08 wrote: »
    You’re a man aren’t you ?? No way a woman would blithely disregard our safety like this.

You gonna actually refute any points?

Do you mean identified

Yes publicly identified .

In media and widely shared across social media

Yes publicly identified .

In media and widely shared across social media

in which case it would fall under the rule against discussing active court proceedings.

• Advertisement

I've referred only to one case in Feedback, which is currently before the courts and under a court order. If that case is all you have, maybe it's not as big a problem as you think.

If you think that case is a flimsy thing to "have" then you had better brace for impact. If this person is put in a female prison Ireland will peak trans overnight.

in which case it would fall under the rule against discussing active court proceedings.

There's plenty of discussions involving court cases have you reported all of them

If you think that case is a flimsy thing to "have" then you had better brace for impact. If this person is put in a female prison Ireland will peak trans overnight.

I get that you fear that but it's a fear based on nothing of substance, only your own bias.

There's plenty of discussions involving court cases have you reported all of them

Is that my job?

You gonna actually refute any points?

I’ve done nothing but. Those maintaining the fallacy that TWAW refuse to budge when met with science and nature.

Is that my job?

Is it ,

might be a vacancy

Maybe leave this discussion to the grown ups ,it was going quite well till boards shut it down boards I'm offended

I get that you fear that but it's a fear based on nothing of substance, only your own bias.

I suppose you are one of the people who have rigorously defended experimental medicalisation of children. Probably drag show reading hour for toddlers too. And Desmond the erotic child dancer who is only expressing himself. You have probably sneered long and hard in various guises on various threads at posters who have rational reservations. I have no fear of trans people, several of whom I have encountered on social media and who are lovely. I have no fear to stand against anti scientific ideology. I have no fear about being disliked as non progressive. It is great that way, when you get older. All your fcuks run out Tis you who should fear for what you have enabled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Oy vey, this is why i say dont get lost in the weeds of toilets and changing rooms.

Self ID is not primarily a bad idea because it gives males access to the female spaces (although of course that is an issue)- it's primarily a bad idea because it makes no sense. A male who thinks they are female is just that - a male who thinks they are a female. No legal document yet conceived has the power to alter someone's biological makeup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Oy vey, this is why i say dont get lost in the weeds of toilets and changing rooms.

Self ID is not primarily a bad idea because it gives males access to the female spaces (although of course that is an issue)- it's primarily a bad idea because it makes no sense. A male who thinks they are female is just that - a male who thinks they are a female. No legal document yet conceived has the power to alter someone's biological makeup.

Stop speaking sense, ffs that's not allowed in this Eon of Wokeness.

Just to add: no amount of legal documentation can change biology. Heck, even science cannot change biology. If the 'science' that enabled the dramatic alteration of DNA was created tomorrow, it would be entirely irrelevant because it would still be nothing more than an unnatural fabrication. The reality is that humans do not possess the natural ability to change sex, in fact I'm 99% certain no mammal can. There are species in the other animal classes that can, clownfish are probably the most well known. I am sick and tired of humanity thinking that they're in charge of nature instead of the other way around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I suppose you are one of the people who have rigorously defended experimental medicalisation of children. Probably drag show reading hour for toddlers too. And Desmond the erotic child dancer who is only expressing himself. You have probably sneered long and hard in various guises on various threads at posters who have rational reservations. I have no fear of trans people, several of whom I have encountered on social media and who are lovely. I have no fear to stand against anti scientific ideology. I have no fear about being disliked as non progressive. It is great that way, when you get older. All your fcuks run out Tis you who should fear for what you have enabled.

It funny how women's fears are dismissed as irrational by the same people who take every bit of transgender activist hyperbole seriously. Why are the fears of transgender people taken seriously, but women's dismissed? Especially as in the west, transgender people are statistically less likely to experience crime than your average punter on account of the fact that most of them are middle class with comfortable existences.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement