Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

J. K. Rowling is cancelled because she is a T.E.R.F [ADMIN WARNING IN POST #1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Women: "we're a bit worried about this"

Response: "relax you hysterical crone"

Twitter user with Anime profile pic: "i'm a non binary and two-spirited and my pronouns are Zig and Zag"

Response: "so brave, tell me more"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

It funny how women's fears are dismissed as irrational by the same people who take every bit of transgender activist hyperbole seriously. Why are the fears of transgender people taken seriously, but women's dismissed? Especially as in the west, transgender people are statistically less likely to experience crime than your average punter on account of the fact that most of them are middle class with comfortable existences.

Because, and I say this as a man and ashamedly so, women are still not seen as equal to men. It sickens me to say it, but it's true. Even in so called 'progressive' countries that most 'Western' countries are supposed to be, there is unfortunately still a primitive mindset in those who achieve positions of power. I don't think true equality will ever happen, now maybe I'm being overly pessimistic, but you still see cases where for example, women in similar level jobs are paid much less than their male counterparts. It's disgusting, and absolutely pathetic. And people wonder why I'm misanthropistic..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Twitter user with Anime profile pic: "i'm a non binary and two-spirited and my pronouns are Zig and Zag"

Haha :D "relax you hysterical crone".

That made me laugh.

Leftists: "Caitlin Jenner is brave"

Me: "Brave is a fire fighter running into a blazing building, brave is saying no to something you know to be morally wrong despite being faced with objections, brave is having the courage to speak when others try and have you silenced, brave is having the will to live on when faced with nothing but hopelessness".

Leftists: "YOU'RE SUCH A TRANSPHOBE!"

jaxxx wrote: »
    Because, and I say this as a man and ashamedly so, women are still not seen as equal to men. It sickens me to say it, but it's true. Even in so called 'progressive' countries that most 'Western' countries are supposed to be, there is unfortunately still a primitive mindset in those who achieve positions of power. I don't think true equality will ever happen, now maybe I'm being overly pessimistic, but you still see cases where for example, women in similar level jobs are paid much less than their male counterparts. It's disgusting, and absolutely pathetic. And people wonder why I'm misanthropistic..

Well certainly on social media platforms one does not see transmen responding to lovely big gay chaps who say they like a good penis with "I hope you die choking on my manly fanny, you transphobe". Strange that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Always with the anime avatar. :D And the convoluted, boring biography.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

, women are still not seen as equal to men. ..

Perhaps not but this person is not a biological woman, so ..... ?

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Perhaps not but this person is not a biological woman, so ..... ?

Eh, who? I was speaking in general. We still on about that absolute nutcase [who looks like some CGI creature out of a horror movie] who wanted to r*pe and kill his mother?

OMG I said his! :eek: .. .. .. Biology says he's male, go away to f*ck with your 'feelings'! :D

I don't like Ben Shapiro because of his views on homosexuality (cos of his religion), but one of his quotes that I'll never forget is "Facts don't care about your feelings".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Eh, who? I was speaking in general. We still on about that absolute nutcase [who looks like some CGI creature out of a horror movie] who wanted to r*pe and kill his mother?

OMG I said his! :eek: .. .. .. Biology says he's male, go away to f*ck with your 'feelings'! :D

I don't like Ben Shapiro because of his views on homosexuality (cos of his religion), but one of his quotes that I'll never forget is "Facts don't care about your feelings".

Which is a little ironic coming from anyone who uses God as a basis for political views.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Was that the one with the girl who said changing his age was silly?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Gruffalux wrote: »
    Well certainly on social media platforms one does not see transmen responding to lovely big gay chaps who say they like a good penis with "I hope you die choking on my manly fanny, you transphobe". Strange that.

Actual LOL :D as the young folk might say.

Actual LOL :D as the young folk might say.

Heh. I think I better go back out gardening...

Gatling wrote: »
    Was that the one with the girl who said changing his age was silly?
    I think so. Something like:

Ben: How old are you?

Leftist: 20

Ben: Well why aren't you 12

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

I think so. Something like:

Ben: How old are you?

Leftist: 20

Ben: Well why aren't 12

I echo the previous poster- lots I would never see eye to eye with Ben on but that quote about facts should be made into T-shirts and given out in College.

Ben Shapiro is the quintessential stopped clock. Occasionally right.

I'm still laughing at him basically admitting on Twitter that he has never got his wife wet. Oh, Ben. LOL. :D

I'm still laughing at him basically admitting on Twitter that he has never got his wife wet. Oh, Ben. LOL. :D

Oh I find that funnier than I probably should!!!!

Lazy busturd probably has never been down on her once in his life!

Eh Benny mate, I know your parents cut a part of your willy when you were a wee babby, but ffs you can't be selfish to your wife you gowl!

https://twitter.com/cawsbar/status/1310046029300015105?s=19

I share this tweet as it shows the signatories and you don't need sub to the newspaper. Otherwise I know nothing about the account. Good few names I recognise. Nina Paley is another woman who was cancelled as an artist for her views. She is there. Nina's work is so incredible. Abigail Shrier, Debbie Hayton. Tom Stoppard. Good. Ian McEwan and Lionel Shriver - amazing writers, both. Lots more. All supporting Rowling against the vitriol.

No surprise to see Lionel Shriver there. She is one of the people who has been brave enough to stick her neck out in recent times. And she is a true liberal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Don't know a lot of them, but good to see Tom Stoppard still going strong and still standing against leftie nonsense.

He was in similar place - although left was more tolerant in 70s - over his support for dissidents in Soviet Union and eastern Europe. Same enemy.

• Advertisement

Gruffalux wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/cawsbar/status/1310046029300015105?s=19

I share this tweet as it shows the signatories and you don't need sub to the newspaper. Otherwise I know nothing about the account. Good few names I recognise. Nina Paley is another woman who was cancelled as an artist for her views. She is there. Nina's work is so incredible. Abigail Shrier, Debbie Hayton. Tom Stoppard. Good. Ian McEwan and Lionel Shriver - amazing writers, both. Lots more. All supporting Rowling against the vitriol.

Now that is a warm light of hope that common sense still exists.

I note that Arthur Mathews is one of the signatories.

When Father Ted had its 25th anniversary this year, I saw a fair few moronic tweets saying things like "Congratulations to Arthur Mathews, the sole creator of Father Ted on its 25th anniversary!". Guess those gobshites are going to have to now pretend that Father Ted is a show without any creators. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

As Judith Butler said: We are living in anti-intellectual times.

Everyone focused on a rich white woman’s feelings and the hate she receives. She can turn off her phone.

Trans people don’t get to turn off their trans.

The height of privilege, gender privilege, white privilege, sexuality privilege, class privilege.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

But many revert back to their original gender .

So ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭TheBlackPill

Everyone focused on a rich white woman’s feelings and the hate she receives. She can turn off her phone.

The height of privilege, gender privilege, white privilege, sexuality privilege, class privilege.

But they can turn off their phones too?

Gatling wrote: »
    But many revert back to their original gender .

So ....
    You cant revert back to something you never changed from though.

Gender is not a social concept, it's biological. How so many people refuse to accept that is.. terrifying.

Actually yeah they can - since it was verboten to refer to the illness of Gender Dysphoria and have the “gender identity” nonsense pushed, them yeah they could “turn it off”. Just identify as one of the other 142 genders you made up.

Whereas once you’ve been hounded into “cancellation” and lost your job/career that is real.

Judith Butler and others of her ilk have a damn cheek talking about “anti intellectualism” when the trans movement embrace anti-science.

Can't "they"? Or at least a rather large percentage of them could.

Hormonal treatments can stop. Surgical procedures could be countered. People could stop calling themselves this or that. For many people who call themselves Trans, the state they've created is optional... there's a choice involved. For others, they're genuine in being Trans, but this desire to assign the same honesty to the whole group just doesn't stack up with what's been seen from the various Trans communities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

But they can turn off their phones too?

That won’t stop them being murdered.

No one is going to murder JK Rowling for being JK Rowling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Errashareesh

That's another tactic - pretending that the only women bothered by the attempts to redefine "woman" and "female" are rich white women. And no issue taken with the many rich white women who support that aspect of trans ideology.
    I note that Arthur Mathews is one of the signatories.

When Father Ted had its 25th anniversary this year, I saw a fair few moronic tweets saying things like "Congratulations to Arthur Mathews, the sole creator of Father Ted on its 25th anniversary!". Guess those gobshites are going to have to now pretend that Father Ted is a show without any creators. :rolleyes:
    I remember that - literally middle aged people saying Father Ted was created just by Arthur Mathews. Imagine being that pitiful?

We are indeed living in anti intellectual times.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement