Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J. K. Rowling is cancelled because she is a T.E.R.F [ADMIN WARNING IN POST #1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

Gatling wrote: »
    But many revert back to their original gender .

So ....

Not happy people have bodily autonomy?

What next forced castration? Sterilisation?

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Actually yeah they can - since it was verboten to refer to the illness of Gender Dysphoria and have the “gender identity” nonsense pushed, them yeah they could “turn it off”. Just identify as one of the other 142 genders you made up.

Whereas once you’ve been hounded into “cancellation” and lost your job/career that is real.

Judith Butler and others of her ilk have a damn cheek talking about “anti intellectualism” when the trans movement embrace anti-science.

Lose job or lose life?

Trans people find it difficult to get employment.

Being trans is life or death.

That won’t stop them being murdered.

No one is going to murder JK Rowling for being JK Rowling.

Someone might try. There are a lot of nutters out there. You're trying to make it sound like the danger of being murdered for being trans is far more likely than JK Rowling being murdered, but considering the hate that has emerged over the last while, I wouldn't be too sure of that.

In any case, many Trans are killed for more than simply being Trans. Their actions/behavior/interests place them in dangerous/dodgy positions. Anyone who has been to gay clubs or hung around such a community, will have seen trans people engage in all manner of risky behavior... Their being Trans isn't always going to be the reason they got killed.. unless you're plugging an agenda.

Can't "they"? Or at least a rather large percentage of them could.

Hormonal treatments can stop. Surgical procedures could be countered. People could stop calling themselves this or that. For many people who call themselves Trans, the state they've created is optional... there's a choice involved. For others, they're genuine in being Trans, but this desire to assign the same honesty to the whole group just doesn't stack up with what's been seen from the various Trans communities.

Ignorance personified.

Trans isn’t about body modification.

Your ideology is just a continuation of the church and the laundries.

Live and let live.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Actually yeah they can - since it was verboten to refer to the illness of Gender Dysphoria and have the “gender identity” nonsense pushed, them yeah they could “turn it off”. Just identify as one of the other 142 genders you made up.

Whereas once you’ve been hounded into “cancellation” and lost your job/career that is real.

Judith Butler and others of her ilk have a damn cheek talking about “anti intellectualism” when the trans movement embrace anti-science.
    I'm not basing this on anything concrete and it's only a hypothesis not even a theory, but this trans movement has always screamed of misogyny to me. Especially allowing trans women in women's sports. To any true intellectual, at least in my definition, everyone is equal regardless of skin colour, religion, sex, etc.

But equality does not exclude differences. And there are biological differences between men and women in terms of physical ability. For example, historically (not just human, but the entire animal kingdom), male members of a species are typically larger/stronger than female members (though not always and exceptions always apply). Is that sexist? No, cos it's a fact. And it's another fact than trans women DO have an advantage over actual women when competing in women's events because of their biology. How come it's always trans women entering women's events? How come you never here of trans men entering men's events? I rest my case.

• Advertisement

Someone might try. There are a lot of nutters out there. You're trying to make it sound like the danger of being murdered for being trans is far more likely than JK Rowling being murdered, but considering the hate that has emerged over the last while, I wouldn't be too sure of that.

In any case, many Trans are killed for more than simply being Trans. Their actions/behavior/interests place them in dangerous/dodgy positions. Anyone who has been to gay clubs or hung around such a community, will have seen trans people engage in all manner of risky behavior... Their being Trans isn't always going to be the reason they got killed.. unless you're plugging an agenda.

Name one woman murdered for being anti-trans?

Then look up the names of all the trans women murdered this year alone.

Ignorance personified.

Live and let live.

gibberish.

You sound like a recruiter for the Marxist workers group. Fanatical in your devotion to "your" truths and "your" reality.

Sorry, but that post alone is pure nutty.

Name one woman murdered for being anti-trans?

Then look up the names of all the trans women murdered this year alone.

You missed my point completely. Intentionally is my guess.

Ignorance personified.

Live and let live.

Yes, yours.

The hypocritism of you trans movement folk is surreal. You are ignorant of the very foundations of nature. We are what we are, we cannot change what we are. Altering your body does not change what you are, all it is is another continued act of rape against human nature. It's the same with hormone blockers for children who identify as trans. It is heinously immoral to block a child's natural growth path. And it's got nothing to do with religion or any ideologies (I'm atheist btw). It's about common sense, what's reasonable and logical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Errashareesh

Not happy people have bodily autonomy?

What next forced castration? Sterilisation?
    What? They responded to a statement you made - nothing in their post indicated any of the above.

You're just doing the usual - ignoring and misrepresenting what's being said to accuse people of hating trans people.

People here don't hate trans people - if you're trans, all the best, it's not easy. Just please don't insist on a redefinition of "woman"/"female" and don't expect agreement with denial of biology.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Ignorance personified.

Live and let live.

That last part is hilarious as it is the very last thing TRAs are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Not that long ago that Butler's "intellectual" antecedents thought that Lysenko could breed tailless mice after cutting their tails off! and condemned the Theory of Relativity and later Big Bang as "bourgeois science."

(Their mirror images in the Nazi party just swapped Jew for bourgeois,)

I find all the men here obsessing over trans women really creepy.

It’s the same side of the coin as the anti-maskers, anti-vaxxers, the gemmaroids complete obsession.

It’s not healthy.

Ignorance personified.

Live and let live.
    Their ideology is in support of pregnant women and girls being locked away to perform slave labour, be starved, beaten and sexually abused? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Ben Shapiro is the quintessential stopped clock. Occasionally right.

I'm still laughing at him basically admitting on Twitter that he has never got his wife wet. Oh, Ben. LOL. :D

Except for the fact that never happened? The tweet in question was this -

vtmkg7xx5ag51.jpg

Apart from the fact that it was a pretty stupid point to make in any case, it was his wife, a doctor, who suggested the phenomenon might be indicative of some sort of medical condition.

The first thought I had after thinking that it was a stupid point to make, is that his wife being a doctor would be familiar with the vaginal mesh lawsuits which are currently going on in the States at the moment and offered her opinion in her capacity as a medical professional. It’s difficult to know either way without knowing the fuller context of how the question was presented to her, but either way Ben Shapiro is still about as clever as JK Rowling.

It’s the same side of the coin as the anti-maskers, anti-vaxxers, the gemmaroids complete obsession.

It’s not healthy.
    Neither is your obsession with ignoring actual reality. And we're not obsessed with trans women, we are obsessed with protecting what it actually means to be male and female, which is not a social concept, it is entirely biological.

It’s not healthy.
    I think the very same about hardline TRAs (NOT all trans people) and their supporters who think they're so liberal and feminist and pro science despite blatant misogyny and biological fallacies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

It’s not healthy.

I think the vast number of people would have no interest in trans stuff at all were it not for the nonsense that was original purpose of this thread, and the lunacy involved in the case of Barbie Kardashian.

Personally speaking, I don't care what adults do or think once it doesn't cause harm to others or force a tiny minority position on the rest of society through spurious legislation.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    I think the vast number of people would have no interest in trans stuff at all were it not for the nonsense that was original purpose of this thread, and the lunacy involved in the case of Barbie Kardashian.

Personally speaking, I don't care what adults do or think once it doesn't cause harm to others or force a tiny minority position on the rest of society through spurious legislation.

This. If people want to alter their bodies, let them off. But don't then force me or anyone else to refer to your 'preferred pronoun' or acknowledge you as a man/woman when your biology is the reverse.

jaxxx wrote: »
    This. If people want to alter their bodies, let them off. But don't then force me or anyone else to refer to your 'preferred pronoun' or acknowledge you as a man/woman when your biology is the reverse.

Why be a respectful human being? Is that what you’re saying.

I think women taking men’s names in marriage antiquated but I will address her as such if that’s her wish because I’m a decent human being.

• Advertisement

Why be a respectful human being? Is that what you’re saying.

I think women taking men’s names in marriage antiquated but I will address her as such if that’s her wish because I’m a decent human being.

That is literally not at all relevant to what I said. What the actual fk does taking someone's surname in marriage have to do with anything?? I'm respectful to the natural world. You are what you are, there's no control of that. You can control WHO you are. And you talk of respect, so where's the respect for everyone else when you want to force your ideologies on the rest of us?? AGAIN, THE HYPOCRISY IS ABSOLUTELY INSANE.

Btw: sometimes men take women's name in marriage too! Ignorant ape.. .. .. (cos we are apes? Get it?? That probablt wooshed over your head too)

My daughter lived above a Dublin brothel with only trans women and transvestites. It was always busy.

The anti everything brigade are always the most hypocritical.

That is literally not at all relevant to what I said. What the actual fk does taking someone's surname in marriage have to do with anything?? I'm respectful to the natural world. You are what you are, there's no control of that. You can control WHO you are. And you talk of respect, so where's the respect for everyone else when you want to force your ideologies on the rest of us?? AGAIN, THE HYPOCRISY IS ABSOLUTELY INSANE.

Btw: sometimes men take women's name in marriage too! Ignorant ape.. .. .. (cos we are apes? Get it?? That probably wooshed over your head too)

You’re very upset. Calm down darling.

The natural world. Give me a break. I bet you your wardrobe is full of poly blends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

It’s not healthy.

It is at least 50:50 men and women on the thread, perhaps more women, and in terms of consistent persistance here I would say it is mostly women foot soldiers. Probably because men are not finding the same ideological challenges from transmen activists. Though thankfully sufficient men have not written these issues off as just a woman's problem and do contribute regularly.
    No one is being mean to trans people. It is the ideology which is contradictory and gives rise to perverse outcomes.

You’re very upset. Calm down darling.

The natural world. Give me a break. I bet you your wardrobe is full of poly blends.
    Yeah the natural world. Cos believe it or not, you're a part of it! What you are is defined by, guess what? NATURE!

When your mommy and daddy were bumping uglies, or maybe you were born through IVF. Either way, the end process is the same. That one single sperm cell out of MILLIONS that fertilises your mother's egg, it is that combination that defines WHAT you are. We have no say in what gender we are anymore than we have a say in whether we're human. Being male or female is not a feeling, it is something set in stone. Femininity and masculinity are separate, and neither are exclusive to either sex. You can have feminine men and masculine women. But sometimes the natural fertilisation process go wrong, that's where intersex comes in. But no matter what you feel, if you were born with the standard XX or XY chromosomes, that is how you die, regardless of what physical alterations you make to yourself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Yeah the natural world. Cos believe it or not, you're a part of it! What you are is defined by, guess what? NATURE!

When your mommy and daddy were bumping uglies, or maybe you were born through IVF. Either way, the end process is the same. That one single sperm cell out of MILLIONS that fertilises your mother's egg, it is that combination that defines WHAT you are. We have no say in what gender we are anymore than we have a say in whether we're human. Being male or female is not a feeling, it is something set in stone. Femininity and masculinity are separate, and neither are exclusive to either sex. You can have feminine men and masculine women. But sometimes the natural fertilisation process go wrong, that's where intersex comes in. But no matter what you feel, if you were born with the standard XX or XY chromosomes, that is how you die, regardless of what physical alterations you make to yourself.

And intersex deflection incoming in 3..2..1.....

It’s disgusting you’d describe intersex people as something that went wrong.

It’s not natural to dye your hair why don’t you go stand outside Peter Mark with a ‘Down with this sort of thing’ sign.

My daughter lived above a Dublin brothel with only trans women and transvestites. It was always busy.

And that's got what to do with anything? Again, all you're doing when confronted with actual logic is deflecting, deflecting and then deflecting some more.

No, YOU are always the most hypocritical, because you are incapable of accepting any criticism that DARES question your ridiculous ideology.

Who here is anti everything?

• Advertisement

Who here is anti everything?

Oh believe me it’s always the same people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement