Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J. K. Rowling is cancelled because she is a T.E.R.F [ADMIN WARNING IN POST #1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Bit of an update here. Well, there’s been stuff fomenting over the last week because Rowling had to threaten legal action over somebody making a tweet saying Rowling was not safe to have around children. Then Rowling made a SNAFU where she made a copy and paste error in a tweet for a little kid. It’s a whole thing.

But anyway, tonight Rowling has broken Twitter by making a tweet objecting to the term ‘people who menstruate’. What kind of world do we live in where objecting to that term is apparently controversial? I’m living in a cuckoo clock.

Anyway, it seems the gloves have come off. She has been very active all evening on Twitter and appears to have zero fucks left to give. Go on, JK! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Terf = Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminist?
    It's getting hard to keep up to date with all these ridiculous terms to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

So the mask doesn't just slip, it comes right off. What a disappointment, JK. Sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

People who menstruate aka biological women

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

Terf = Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminist?
    It's getting hard to keep up to date with all these ridiculous terms to be honest.

I literally just googled SNAFU assuming it was another new term I wasn’t woke enough to know....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

_Godot_ wrote: »
    So the mask doesn't just slip, it comes right off. What a disappointment, JK. Sad.

What's she done wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    What's she done wrong?

she acknowledged that biological sex is real. she is basically Hitler.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Here's what JK said, and what triggered the Twitter people
    https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/1269382518362509313

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

_Godot_ wrote: »

Well, in fairness, I think Rowling is gladly throwing away the mask. It seems her breaking point came when somebody accused her of not being safe to be around children. I don’t blame her.

Not remotely disappointing, for me anyway. That some transgender rights are in conflict with sex-based rights is obvious to many people and they are fed up of being called bigots for pointing that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Jesus it can't be said enough times but Twitter is such a cesspit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Here's an article written by Variety

I found this part amusing
    People on Twitter immediately called Rowling’s comments “anti-trans” and “transphobic” as transgender people, non-binary people and gender-nonconforming people can also menstruate.

I mean..... :pac:

I dont understand how people tie so much time up in this subject of trans as it like <1% population and personally feel just let em live life,whatever way they want??

But i felt this was a reasonable response (3rd part),but 100K responses is nuts like:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/1269389298664701952

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Well, in fairness, I think Rowling is gladly throwing away the mask. It seems her breaking point came when somebody accused her of not being safe to be around children. I don’t blame her.

Not remotely disappointing, for me anyway. That some transgender rights are in conflict with sex-based rights is obvious to many people and they are fed up of being called bigots for pointing that out.

Eating me toast here and feeling really REALLY proud of JK Rowling, a person I know is famous because my children queued for her books as they came out and we were dragged by them to the films. Oh she is doing a great brave thing. Though many have argued against this ideology until they are blue in the face, or been threatened with job loss, rape or death, publically battered in parks, shouted at by mobs, had meetings stormed, been called every manner of vile name just for things like having same sex sexual preference or believing that the word WOMAN deserves to be respected, still it might turn out that one lady who invented a child wizard may single handedly sink the ship launched by Judith Butler and her comrades. May JK live long and prosper!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I think every time anyone speaks up, it counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Moghead

Gruffalox wrote: »
    Eating me toast here and feeling really REALLY proud of JK Rowling, a person I know is famous because my children queued for her books as they came out and we were dragged by them to the films. Oh she is doing a great brave thing. Though many have argued against this ideology until they are blue in the face, or been threatened with job loss, rape or death, publically battered in parks, shouted at by mobs, had meetings stormed, been called every manner of vile name just for things like having same sex sexual preference or believing that the word WOMAN deserves to be respected, still it might turn out that one lady who invented a child wizard may single handedly sink the ship launched by Judith Butler and her comrades. May JK live long and prosper!

Would you feel as proud of Rowling of one of your kids was trans?

Proud is kind of a weird feeling to have for her, do you know her personally?

I dont understand how people tie so much time up in this subject of trans as it like <1% population and personally feel just let em live life,whatever way they want??

]

Because the accommodations being made do not just affect trans people. I do not want to have lost words, or lost meanings, like woman or lesbian. These words have meanings. The enforcement of accommodations to TRA demands affect girls and women in respect of intimate sex based spaces, sports, scholarships, prisons, refuges, erasure of language and sexual preference. The accommodations have caused and enabled barbaric medical experimental treatments on children and youths. It is very significant.

Moghead wrote: »
    Proud is kind of a weird feeling to have for her, do you know her personally?

I may introduce myself to her soon :) Pride is not confined to people we know personally. She is being brave and truthful and I am very proud of her courage.

I may introduce myself to her soon :) Pride is not confined to people we know personally. She is being brave and truthful and I am very proud of her courage.

You could say you agree with her, and fair enough, each to their own, but to say you are proud is a bit OTT.

Would you be as proud if one of your kids was trans?

Because the accommodations being made do not just affect trans people. I do not want to have lost words, or lost meanings, like woman or lesbian. These words have meanings. The enforcement of accommodations to TRA demands affect girls and women in respect of intimate sex based spaces, sports, scholarships, prisons, refuges, erasure of language and sexual preference. The accommodations have caused and enabled barbaric medical experimental treatments on children and youths. It is very significant.

Tbh mate it deosnt really affect me,and dont see any harm in live and let live

Once they all adults of course,

I find notion that relatively harmless posts about it could raise 100K responses (and trans stuff regularly deos have huge traction online) truely bizzare, as i have never once encountered anyone who cares either way offline

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

If the lads from Monty Python Flying Circus are a bit tight for cash eg John Cleese and his various financial issues with his ex wives ....they could make a killing by doing a show or two on modern life . Titania McGrath talks about the unborn raping the mother . Rape ? Wow .

• Advertisement

Dante7 wrote: »
    I'd feel even prouder. I know lot of "trans" kids. The vast majority are just kids going through a phase and they are being influenced by social media. Most will desist and grow out of it as they exit puberty. But because of dangerous gender ideology some will be medicated with experimental drugs causing irreversible side effects, and some will even have surgeries that they will regret and which will devastate their lives. All because a bunch of heterosexual males can have their fetish validated. J.K. is doing this because she absolutely cares about these kids.

You think it's all a conspiracy? That lads who are into trans women are responsible?

If the lads from Monty Python Flying Circus are a bit tight for cash eg John Cleese and his various financial issues with his ex wives ....they could make a killing by doing a show or two on modern life . Titania McGrath talks about the unborn raping the mother . Rape ? Wow .

You realise Titania McGrath is a parody account?

Can't blame you if you didn't. Sometimes it is hard to distinguish it from the real lunatics

Dante7 wrote: »
    Would you be happy for me, a 50 year old man, to rock up to your daughter's changing room, declare I am a woman, and demand the right to expose my penis while ogling your naked daughter? Would that affect you?

Tbh mate i dont have a daughter

But i have never heard of this actually happening tbh??,and i wouldnt want it to happen either

A wee bit of cop on too geos along way imo, let them off,any business/places that let it happen,boycott them?

Dont see point in spending sunday mornings rage posting on what to me,seems so insignificant it simply deosnt register IRL

Moghead wrote: »
    You could say you agree with her, and fair enough, each to their own, but to say you are proud is a bit OTT.

Would you be as proud if one of your kids was trans?

One of my kids expressed gender differently for most of their childhood. We said and did nothing about it. No rainbow swathed shoots for Instagram or tearful interviews to the Daily Mail, no "So Proud" facebook posts cuddling them in tutus for the likes, no reinforcement, no neurosis, no making it in anyway anything out of the ordinary. It was normal human expression of a normal facet of human nature. To be honest we never batted an eyelid nor even mentioned it beyond in domestic terms of endearment and then very rarely. It simply was a non issue. Puberty roared in and the ducks were lined up in their natural row. Result -Intact healthy child, no meds, no obsession, happy in their skin, a kid who never gave a second thought to deconstructionist ideologies like " gender identity". The fcuking amount of young lives being ruined by the present sh1tshow is highly disturbing to me. A barbaric regressive tragedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Tbh mate i dont have a daughter

But i have never heard of this actually happening tbh??,and i wouldnt it to happen either

A wee bit of cop on too geos along way imo, let them off,any business/places that let it happen,boycott them?

Dont see point in spending sunday mornings rage posting on what to me,seems so insignificant it simply deosnt register IRL

It would be illegal for a business to refuse entry to a man who declared himself a woman. That's the point. You seem to understand that there is an issue with this. That's why we are fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

This “cancelled” culture ****e is hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

This really smells more like a “Current Affairs” thread. Smell really bad.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 22,427 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

You mean like this?

https://youtu.be/sFBOQzSk14c

Congratulations again on your mod promotion Emmet. That doggie nose of yours must come in handy for smelling :) not to mention your affiliation for spices. Fragrant yokes. Mmmmhmmmm..

• Advertisement

Amazing that you still felt the need to click on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement