Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J. K. Rowling is cancelled because she is a T.E.R.F [ADMIN WARNING IN POST #1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭TheBlackPill

Yes Father once you don't beat us we should shut up and be grateful.

Reminds me of the laundries.

These are the same views that would have put me in a laundry in the eighties.

The ignorance is blinding people. Hate is an awful thing.

There is no hate here. Nobody has asked you to shutup. people have debated with you as an equal, have read what you wrote and evaluated it. We should all be grateful to live in Ireland. Nobody here is stopping LGBT+ people living their lives and expressing themselves fully. There are no restrictions. You can legally change your gender with little more than a declaration here, even if you are a violent sexual offender, who even the Tavistock institute thinks you are not trans

You align where you align.

If you stand shoulder to shoulder with Hopkins stand proud.

If you stand shoulder to shoulder with Gemma stand proud.

If you stand shoulder to shoulder with David Quinn stand proud.

If you stand shoulder to shoulder with Farage stand proud.

These are your bedfellows.
    Not many people stand with any of these in Ireland. Hopkins is an awful attention-seeking dose, but let her. Iona institute seems to have no influence at all. Farage is a British campaigner, famously for Brexit and now against illegal immigration to the UK, as is is right. The same right that allows you to express your trans stuff without fear of violence.
    Edit: I forgot Gemtrails.. at most up to 100 people from the whole country turn up to support her nonsense.
    I don't stand shoulder to shoulder with the above, but do share some of the concerns of Farage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

You align where you align.

If you stand shoulder to shoulder with Hopkins stand proud.

If you stand shoulder to shoulder with Gemma stand proud.

If you stand shoulder to shoulder with David Quinn stand proud.

If you stand shoulder to shoulder with Farage stand proud.

These are your bedfellows.

Unfortunately for your argument I do not even know who Hopkins or Quinn are, and what little I know of Farage or Gemma is second hand over hearing of their infamy. You do not make arguments. You make emotional obscure statements that border on bewildering with anachronistic oddball references to beating priests, laundries, people murdered decades ago and poly synthetic materials. I think debating with you would be akin to herding cats and therefore going forward I will demur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

There is no hate here. Nobody has asked you to shutup. people have debated with you as an equal, have read what you wrote and evaluated it. We should all be grateful to live in Ireland. Nobody here is stopping LGBT+ people living their lives and expressing themselves fully. There are no restrictions. You can legally change your gender with little more than a declaration here, even if you are a violent sexual offender, who even the Tavistock institute thinks you are not trans

You were doing so well but your little friend had to poke his head out at the end. :P

Gruffalux wrote: »
    Unfortunately for your argument I do not even know who Hopkins or Quinn are, and what little I know of Farage or Gemma is second hand over hearing of their infamy. You do not make arguments. You make emotional obscure statements that border on bewildering with anachronistic oddball references to beating priests, laundries, people murdered decades ago and poly synthetic materials. I think debating with you would be akin to herding cats and therefore going forward I will demur.

Best to sit it out if you don't know who you are defending.

• Advertisement

You were doing so well but your little friend had to poke his head out at the end. :P

I assume you are talking about Farage then. I think he was plain wrong about Brexit, but he was a constitutional politician that did not engage in violence or extremism. He could be debated with.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Does everyone know that you can put a poster on ignore so there posts don't show up ,if everyone does it the problem goes away

I assume you are talking about Farage then. I think he was plain wrong about Brexit, but he was a constitutional politician that did not engage in violence or extremism. He could be debated with.

When you lie with dogs you get fleas.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

This post and others are so devoid of debate the agenda you have is frighteningly apparent.

FYI - I’m pro-repeal; a proud long standing ally to the lesbian and gay community, think Hopkins and Gemma should be sectioned for their own safety; have little in common with Faragh save for thinking those boats across the channel need to stopped; no idea who David Quinn is and am sick and tired of being told to ignore science.

I wish there was an ignore button!

Gatling wrote: »
    Does everyone know that you can put a poster on ignore so there posts don't show up ,if everyone does it the problem goes away

You can't ignore progress. Step into the real world.

• Advertisement

I didn’t!!! I just asked that. Pray tell how ??

Best to sit it out if you don't know who you are defending.
    So do you support Hopkins niche sexuality, namely exhibitionism?. Please see the link? https://heatworld.com/celebrity/news/katie-hopkins-10-worst-moments-sex-field-insulting-whole-little-mix/.

Gervais08 wrote: »
    This post and others are so devoid of debate the agenda you have is frighteningly apparent.

FYI - I’m pro-repeal; a proud long standing ally to the lesbian and gay community, think Hopkins and Gemma should be sectioned for their own safety; have little I’m common with Faragh save for thinking those boats across the channel need to stopped; no idea who David Quinn is and am sick and tired of being told to ignore science.

I wish there was an ignore button!

Pro-repeal and don't know who David Quinn is?
    But these are people you share views with these are the ones who champion your beliefs.

So do you support Hopkins niche sexuality, namely exhibitionism?. Please see the link? https://heatworld.com/celebrity/news/katie-hopkins-10-worst-moments-sex-field-insulting-whole-little-mix/.

I believe having sex in public is illegal round these parts as is flashing people.

exhibitionism is usually males who flash people. Having sex in public isn't the same as flashing.

Also Heatworld lol

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I didn’t!!! I just asked that. Pray tell how ??

Go into your profile and find your edit profile tab you should find the ignore poster list you can add posters so you avoid seeing their posts ,

Warning don't put mods or admins on the list

I believe having sex in public is illegal round these parts as is flashing people.

exhibitionism is usually males who flash people. Having sex in public isn't the same as flashing.

Also Heatworld lol

Exactly. Exhibitionism is not confined to male flashers(nice moving of goalpost there) . so from your answers I take it you now believe Ms Hopkins is more persecuted by the State(british) than any LGBTQ+, and will support her right to express her sexuality freely

Anti-trans posters: Oh my God JK Rowling is being cancelled, society is ****ed.

Progressive: Trans women are women.

Anti-Trans Posters: Oh my God you disagree with me, I'll put you on the ignore list.

This is comedy GOLD.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,497 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Yeah, but then they show up when they get quoted.
    You can't ignore progress. Step into the real world.

Course you can. Some people have been doing it for years. Decades, even.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Go into your profile and find your edit profile tab you should find the ignore poster list you can add posters so you avoid seeing their posts ,

Bless you!! I also just Googled David Quinn - nutjob.

Exactly. Exhibitionism is not confined to male flashers(nice moving of goalpost there) . so from your answers I take it you now believe Ms Hopkins is more persecuted by the State(british) than any LGBTQ+, and will support her right to express her sexuality freely

You're really equating people going about their daily life to either flashing or sex in public?

**** me we are going to have to go back to the beginning.

• Advertisement

Bless you!! I also just Googled David Quinn - nutjob.

Keeping good company don't you think?

A million thanks. The more you reply to that type of poster(and it is hard not to), the more tripe they post.

Keeping good company don't you think?

If you read through the vile comments on JK Rowling's Twitter timeline you may get an idea of the company you keep.

If you read through the vile comments on JK Rowling's Twitter timeline you may get an idea of the company you keep.

The thing is I don’t condone those unlike posters trying to write off the murder of trans women as just being murders.

I’d prefer names than sticks and stones.

The thing is I don’t condone those unlike posters trying to write off the murder of trans women as just being murders.

I’d prefer names than sticks and stones.

This is a fallacy based argument. As klaz also pointed out before most trans murders are situational rather than as a result of bias. Prostitition is dangerous. Many trans people are murdered by their intimate partner. The argument about the sky high rates is not only a lie it is the same as the one where all the kids are gonna commit suicide if they don't get the hormones.

From the American Journal of Public Health 2017

"In an effort to address this gap, Dinno (p. 1441) used nongovernmental organization (NGO) data on the murder of transgender people and various estimates of the transgender population in the United States as well as federal data on cisgender people to create a range of estimates of the transgender homicide rate compared with the cisgender homicide rate from 2010 to 2014. Findings suggest that transgender people overall may not face a higher risk of being murdered than do cisgender people but that young transgender women of color almost certainly face a higher chance of being murdered".

From Channel 4 fact checking article

"For the purposes of this article, we’re going to use stats from the trans rights organisation, Transrespect Versus Transphobia Worldwide. This is the source of figures often cited by trans campaigners.

So what does that data tell us?

The latest Transrespect report says there were 369 “reported murders of trans and gender-diverse people between 1 October 2017 and 30 September 2018” around the world.

Nearly half of those (167) took place in Brazil, and a further 28 were recorded in the United States.

According to these figures, there was one trans person murdered in the UK in that time, and a total of nine trans people were murdered in the UK between 2008 and 2017. That’s an average rate of one victim per year.

A back-of-envelope calculation based on this data would suggest that the average trans person has a one-in-200,000 to one-in-500,000 chance of being murdered in the UK over the course of a year.

How does that compare to the wider population?
    Figures from the ONS for 2008 to 2017 show that the average adult in England and Wales has a one-in-100,000 chance of being murdered in a given year.

The limited data we’re working with suggests that in the UK at least, a trans person is less likely to be murdered than the average person. "

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

Not happy people have bodily autonomy?

What next forced castration? Sterilisation?

I think the latter two practices are the ones endorsed by the pro trans advocates. You need to get your emotive talking points in order.

This is a fallacy based argument. . "

Another obsessed with the Phallus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

jaxxx wrote: »
    Leftists: "Caitlin Jenner is brave"

Me: "Brave is a fire fighter running into a blazing building, brave is saying no to something you know to be morally wrong despite being faced with objections, brave is having the courage to speak when others try and have you silenced, brave is having the will to live on when faced with nothing but hopelessness".

Leftists: "YOU'RE SUCH A TRANSPHOBE!"

To be fair i actually think she was quite brave. It must've been quite nerve wracking to be so high profile and then come out as trans. There are certainly different levels of bravery, and putting your life on the line certainly trumps what she did however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Another obsessed with the Phallus.

You’re really not worth even replying to- that poster laid out a solid opinion and you reply with the above. You appear to have the intellectual capacity for debate of a goldfish and that’s even giving you too much credit.

• Advertisement

To be fair i actually think she was quite brave. It must've been quite nerve wracking to be so high profile and then come out as trans. There are certainly different levels of bravery, and putting your life on the line certainly trumps what she did however.

I said at the time her Vanity Fair cover looked absolutely stunning (it did) and that her choice of name was lovely (she is Caitlyn Marie).

Transphobic apparently as I judged her on her looks and “she could have stayed Bruce and been as female”.

I give in, let the loons run the world.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement