Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J. K. Rowling is cancelled because she is a T.E.R.F [ADMIN WARNING IN POST #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Actually, at the time I felt it wasnt right for straight people to vote on same sex marriage, why should I get a say in who people love & marry? but I have many friends who are gay and voted on their request. Also, if most straight people who voted yes didnt vote at all, if we had left the issue for gay people and gave no support, I doubt we would have same sex marriage in Ireland. 'No' voters were very proactive in their voicing of their opinion and voting.

So, as women we have every right to talk about this issue and express our own fears and concerns as it directly effects us in a potentially very harmful and destructive way. We feel that we're being silenced and our basic human rights to safety which women fought for centuries to retain, are being ignored and undermined.

I dont understand and probably never will understand how statistics, facts and even daily news reports across the entire globe show the prevalence of sexually aggressive attacks against women and girls where the perpetrators are almost always men.
    Nearly every women has experiences with sexual assault, harassment and being made to feel intimidated by men.
    Yet women are still disbelieved, told theyre exaggerating and called radical feminists and transphobes when they dare to express their wish to keep their safe spaces.

If trans people are pro equal rights and pro human rights, surely you must accept that womens rights must be included? Otherwise you are pro mens rights only and youre telling women that they can go **** themselves and that their rights, safety and wellbeing come second class to other people.[/quot

Gay people only asked you to vote because they had to.

So you know what it feels like to be on the receiving end of misogyny so you want to reinforce that misogyny.

Name one right a woman will be denied by calling trans women, women?

They didnt have to do anything, dontknow what youre referring to there?

To answer your second question, read back over the thread, im not reiterating whats been stated a hundred times already but just to add to that, ive no issue with calling trans women women and I accept their rights to full autonomy and fully support their rights until it infringes on biological female rights. Dont see why biological women are being forced to let go of some their basic human rights which are in place to protect our safety to accomodate trans womens feelings.

Just feel like im repeating myself over and over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Errashareesh

I’m getting all the bingo numbers tonight.
    You told me I "probably thought" something... no bingo number acquired.

I don't care if someone is gay/gets married to someone of the same sex. I don't care if someone is trans. I'd just like if you treated women with respect and didn't insist trans women are women. They are trans women.

No amount of making up this and that about me and others, based on nothing and due to not having an argument, will change any of the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

You told me I "probably thought" something... no bingo number acquired.

I don't care if someone is gay/gets married to someone of the same sex. I don't care if someone is trans. I'd just like if you treated women with respect and didn't insist trans women are women. They are trans women.

No amount of making up this and that about me and others, based on nothing and due to not having an argument, will change any of the above.

I’m a woman and I say trans women are women.

Their right to female only spaces is paramount - I couldn’t care less about your feelings or what you think you are, I don’t want my daughter or wife feeling uncomfortable in those spaces because some fella thinks he is a fully fledged woman with a working penis. Just look at the example of Barbie in this thread, a mentally unhinged man who is dead sure he’s a female but expresses a wish to rape them. I will in my **** roll over and accept any sort of society that wants that to be the norm - no ****ing way.

Implicit in your ideology is men are dangerous.

I find that thought process dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

I’m a woman and I say trans women are women.

Trans women are men who identify as women, that is fine. It however doesn't mean that they are women, they are Trans women. If they are women then we wouldn't need the Trans part.

• Advertisement

Trans women are men who identify as women, that is fine. It however doesn't mean that they are women, they are Trans women. If they are women then we wouldn't need the Trans part.

That’s ok if you want to call yourself a trans woman. You identify as you wish. Just don’t tell anyone else how to live their life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

There is no reason for men and women to share changing areas etc in public places, never had been and never will be. Why would you insist on such a change to make them feel uncomfortable in a space that should solely be for them?

As for men being dangerous, some are and some aren’t. I would however be very concerned about any man who believes he is a female and seeks to use those areas - they are potentially more dangerous and unbalanced than any biological male.

That’s ok if you want to call yourself a trans woman. You identify as you wish. Just don’t tell anyone else how to live their life.

So, what is it that defines a woman as being a woman? I am honestly interested in what you think it is, is it biology, or is it identity?

Which of the two is the deciding factor?

There is no reason for men and women to share changing areas etc in public places, never had been and never will be. Why would you insist on such a change to make them feel uncomfortable in a space that should solely be for them?

As for men being dangerous, some are and some aren’t. I would however be very concerned about any man who believes he is a female and seeks to use those areas - they are potentially more dangerous and unbalanced than any biological male.

How orthodox. Next segregation on planes, dancing at weddings. I love Fiddler On The Roof.

Also.

Men: Not all men.

Trans woman: Not all men are predators.

Men: Women need to be protected from men.

So, what is it that defines a woman as being a woman? I am honestly interested in what you think it is, is it biology, or is it identity?

Which of the two is the deciding factor?

I’ve already answered weeks ago.

• Advertisement

I’ve already answered weeks ago.

How does that stop you from answering now? It is a simple question.

What is the deciding factor, biology, or identity?

How orthodox. Next segregation on planes, dancing at weddings. I love Fiddler On The Roof.

Also.

Men: Not all men.

Trans woman: Not all men are predators.

Men: Women need to be protected from men.

You appear to be very naive if you run a line of thought that neither sex is capable of doing very bad things, it shouldn’t be a revelation to you that some men are bad just the same as some women are. It doesn’t paint both sexes as all like that, it’s a simple fact.

My point remains - a man with bad intentions is dangerous enough. A man who is mentally of the belief he is a woman, and demands to access spaces for women only whilst also having bad intentions is a hell of a lot more dangerous. It’s not a risk worth taking and shouldn’t even be in question just to appease what is essentially a microscopic percentage of society who fall in to the category of trans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Is that in the Irish Constitution or Universal Declaration of Human Rights?

I'm gonna go with the UN Convention, Bob! The UN are pretty big on sex-based protections and rights especially for women. They are not my favourite globalist organisation but you did ask. They have campaigns for sex based protected toilet spaces in developing parts of the world as they want girls and women to be raped less when relieving themselves. Same sorts of campaigns re periods as girls miss school through shame or not having sanitary products. Etcetera etcetera..

You appear to be very naive if you run a line of thought that neither sex is capable of doing very bad things, it shouldn’t be a revelation to you that some men are bad just the same as some women are. It doesn’t paint both sexes as all like that, it’s a simple fact.

My point remains - a man with bad intentions is dangerous enough. A man who is mentally of the belief he is a woman, and demands to access spaces for women only whilst also having bad intentions is a hell of a lot more dangerous. It’s not a risk worth taking and shouldn’t even be in question just to appease what is essentially a microscopic percentage of society who fall in to the category of trans.

And he doesn’t need to pretend to be trans to attack women.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

If they are not dangerous then why don't trans women want to share facilities with them. Could it be that they would be in danger from some men.

Gruffalux wrote: »
    I'm gonna go with the UN Convention, Bob! The UN are pretty big on sex-based protections and rights especially for women. They are not my favourite globalist organisation but you did ask. They have campaigns for sex based protected toilet spaces in developing parts of the world as they want girls and women to be raped less when relieving themselves. Same sorts of campaigns re periods as girls miss school through shame or not having sanitary products. Etcetera etcetera..

The UN doesn’t have protections for sex based sports. Sorry Hun.

If they are not dangerous then why don't trans women want to share facilities with them. Could it be that they would be in danger from some men.

Because they are not men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

The UN doesn’t have protections for sex based sports. Sorry Hun.

Hun they espouse sex based protections for women. Covers it implicitly. Anyhoo you are losing the old sports battle globally which puts a lot of buckshot in your TWAW ideology.

And he doesn’t need to pretend to be trans to attack women.

Nope he doesn’t but it’s a lot easier if he does pretend with your ideological free for all changing rooms - he could easily gain access to a changing room where maybe a lone female is. It’s not worth the risk whatever way you view it or accepting them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Oh I find that funnier than I probably should!!!!

Did you hear about it at the time? Hilarious. :D

• Advertisement

Nope he doesn’t but it’s a lot easier if he does pretend with your ideological free for all changing rooms - he could easily gain access to a changing room where maybe a lone female is. It’s not worth the risk whatever way you view it or accepting them.

Bull. It’s easier to pretend to be a woman to attack women than just attacking a woman on the street.

Even yoga doesn’t have a stretch that big.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Because they are not men.

I don't think that's the only reason though is it? It's because they would be in danger. Because men in general are more dangerous then women.

Gruffalux wrote: »
    Hun they espouse sex based protections for women. Covers it implicitly. Anyhoo you are losing the old sports battle globally which puts a lot of buckshot in your TWAW ideology.

So you use sports as an example and then when proved wrong you throw the toys out of the pram.

Name one right a woman will lose by having trans women called women? In the Irish constitution or Universal Declaration of human rights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I see AIMS (assoc for improvement of maternity care in Ireland) are flat to the mat blocking women on Twitter today, women who have asked that along with “pregnant people” they include the word “women” when addressing their target audience.

An organisation for women and representing women going so far as to use #terf in their response Tweets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Errashareesh

I see AIMS (assoc for improvement of maternity care in Ireland) are flat to the mat blocking women on Twitter today, women who have asked that along with “pregnant people” they include the word “women” when addressing their target audience.

An organisation for women and representing women going so far as to use #terf in their response Tweets.
    Despicable cowards.

Also for those of you citing Barbie Kardashian two psychiatrists have evaluated that Alejandro Gentile isn’t trans.

https://www.courts.ie/viewer/pdf/e363c19e-6e79-4e35-a3fe-d5e8dee785fe/2019_IECA_109_1.pdf/pdf?fbclid=IwAR0dWJ_iIM4b_oiK2zGiVTG2Vc_yi5hw8Fte4_3oaoliR6e06lKEYqXjc2I#view=fitH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Be careful of replying to that last post above mine.
    Pure bait as evidence is Barbie Kardashian has a GRC granted by an Irish judge. It is a perfect (horrible) example of the consequences of due diligence not being done with the wonderful selfID legislation.
    There is an active attempt in Feedback to get this thread closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

AIMS is afaik a publicly funded organisation.

They have no business blocking anyone or imposing their obscurantist nonsense on people. Nor do they publish accounts as far as I can see.

Perhaps mention this to your TD, one who is not afraid of these people, if any of them are in your constituency.

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Be careful of replying to that last post above mine.
    Pure bait as evidence is Barbie Kardashian has a GRC granted by an Irish judge. It is a perfect (horrible) example of the consequences of due diligence not being done with the wonderful selfID legislation.
    There is an active attempt in Feedback to get this thread closed.

44. The report found it impossible to assess whether G. was a young person who suffers from actual gender dysphoria. “In discussionwith me it was very noticeable that [she] has researched the area and was therefore able to provide a tick-box list of symptoms thatare required to the formation of this diagnosis. However, I believe that the important first step would be to address the trauma whichis impacting on every aspect of his development, not just [her] gender or sexual identity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Also for those of you citing Barbie Kardashian two psychiatrists have evaluated that Alejandro Gentile isn’t trans.

https://www.courts.ie/viewer/pdf/e363c19e-6e79-4e35-a3fe-d5e8dee785fe/2019_IECA_109_1.pdf/pdf?fbclid=IwAR0dWJ_iIM4b_oiK2zGiVTG2Vc_yi5hw8Fte4_3oaoliR6e06lKEYqXjc2I#view=fitH

It doesnt matter what a psychiatrist decides, Barbie Kardashian self identifies as 'she' and that is how this person will be referred to. This is blatantly demonstrated in the document where BK is only referred to as she/her.
    Despite 2 psychiatrists evaluating him, his history of inflicting violence and expressing his wish to inflict more violence and rape women, he still has access to all womens spaces and any woman who expresses concerns about this is insulting labelled a TERF.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement