Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J. K. Rowling is cancelled because she is a T.E.R.F [ADMIN WARNING IN POST #1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Bonniedog wrote: »
    AIMS is afaik a publicly funded organisation.

They have no business blocking anyone or imposing their obscurantist nonsense on people. Nor do they publish accounts as far as I can see.

Perhaps mention this to your TD, one who is not afraid of these people, if any of them are in your constituency.
    I believe they are not govt funded.
    However, their response was pretty dismissive and inidcative of capture by theory, not reality.
    Which is shame as they have done some great work.
    Hopefully, it is 'just' the social media person (& not the group) having really bad skills in engaging with the public.
    Even TENI doesn't believe that crapology in leaving out the words women/girls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I see AIMS (assoc for improvement of maternity care in Ireland) are flat to the mat blocking women on Twitter today, women who have asked that along with “pregnant people” they include the word “women” when addressing their target audience.

An organisation for women and representing women going so far as to use #terf in their response Tweets.

I cannot understand why they can’t say ‘women, transgender men and non-binary females’. That includes everyone. The only people not mentioned there are transgender women and why on earth would they be included? They don’t have female reproductive anatomy. But it seems to me that the word ‘woman’ can’t be mentioned to spare their feelings. Fuck that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

It doesnt matter what a psychiatrist decides, Barbie Kardashian self identifies as 'she' and that is how this person will be referred to. This is blatantly demonstrated in the document where BK is only referred to as she/her.
    Despite 2 psychiatrists evaluating him, his history of inflicting violence and expressing his wish to inflict more violence and rape women, he still has access to all womens spaces and any woman who expresses concerns about this is insulting labelled a TERF.

Any evidence of someone being called a terf in relation specifically to Alejandro Gentile?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Any evidence of someone being called a terf in relation specifically to Alejandro Gentile?

Continuously throughout the thread!
    Alejandro Gentile is a recent example of why women dont want their private spaces open to anyone who puts on a dress or decides they self identify as female. Can you not see the danger in allowing this to happen?

Continuously throughout the thread!
    Alejandro Gentile is a recent example of why women dont want their private spaces open to anyone who puts on a dress or decides they self identify as female. Can you not see the danger in allowing this to happen?

Do you not think a man will put on a wig and parade as a women without the legal status of such to attack women.

How many of the men who attacked women in the last decade in Ireland have done such?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭ingalway

Also for those of you citing Barbie Kardashian two psychiatrists have evaluated that Alejandro Gentile isn’t trans.

https://www.courts.ie/viewer/pdf/e363c19e-6e79-4e35-a3fe-d5e8dee785fe/2019_IECA_109_1.pdf/pdf?fbclid=IwAR0dWJ_iIM4b_oiK2zGiVTG2Vc_yi5hw8Fte4_3oaoliR6e06lKEYqXjc2I#view=fitH
    That makes no difference though does it when it comes to Barbie self identifying as a female and getting a GRC because in Ireland Barbie does not need to get any evaluation from any medical person, does not need to take any hormones, does not need any kind of reassignment. All Barbie needs to do is download a 2 page form, sign a declaration to say 'she' identifies as a woman and get one of the following to witness the form: Peace Commissioner, Notary Public, Commissioner for Oaths or a Solicitor.

Then magically your gender identity changes your biological sex:
    "Accordingly, if the preferred gender is the male gender the person’s sex becomes that of a man, and if it is the female gender the person’s sex becomes that of a woman."
    There is nothing then stopping Barbie insisting that the world acknowledge that she is 100% a woman, exactly the same as your mother, sister, wife, daughter and have access to all single sex spaces.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

ingalway wrote: »
    That makes no difference though does it when it comes to Barbie self identifying as a female and getting a GRC because in Ireland Barbie does not need to get any evaluation from any medical person, does not need to take any hormones, does not need any kind of reassignment. All Barbie needs to do is download a 2 page form, sign a declaration to say 'she' identifies as a woman and get one of the following to witness the form: Peace Commissioner, Notary Public, Commissioner for Oaths or a Solicitor.

"Accordingly, if the preferred gender is the male gender the person’s sex becomes that of a man, and if it is the female gender the person’s sex becomes that of a woman."
    There is nothing then stopping Barbie insisting that the world acknowledge that she is 100% a woman, exactly the same as your mother, sister, wife, daughter and have access to all single sex spaces.

And of course it is absolutely not possible that someone with nefarious intentions would take the few minutes to do this so they had access to vulnerable women.

/sarcasm

Do you not think a man will put on a wig and parade as a women without the legal status of such to attack women.

How many of the men who attacked women in the last decade in Ireland have done such?

Youre missing the point entirely. I dont know how many men have attacked women while dressing as a woman but I do know we are discussing an active case and that inself should be enough to confirm womens real fears about this issue.
    Also, keep in mind when men identify as female their crimes are recorded as committed by females, this skews facts and statistics so we may never know how many trans women or men self identifying as female attack women.

There is also a fear in the media and within the general discourse of disclosing the biological gender of trans women when they commit crimes.
    For example up until very recently, this recent case was only referred to as 'she/her' in the media. I only came to realise that Alejandro was infact male self identifying as female yesterday, its not widely known or focused on.

So you want to focus on the fact Alejandro identifies as Barbie not on the fact that Alejandro is dangerous?

It’s ok for Alejandro to be dangerous just once he doesn’t wear a wig?

Do you think if we took all markers of femininity from Alejandro he wouldn’t be dangerous. You think it’s that he identifies as female that makes him dangerous?

So you want to focus on the fact Alejandro identifies as Barbie not on the fact that Alejandro is dangerous?

It’s ok for Alejandro to be dangerous just once he doesn’t wear a wig?

Do you think if we took all markers of femininity from Alejandro he wouldn’t be dangerous. You think it’s that he identifies as female that makes him dangerous?

Alejandro can identify as anything he wants, he should not be permitted access to female only spaces. What is so hard to understand about that?

• Advertisement

Youre missing the point entirely. I dont know how many men have attacked women while dressing as a woman but I do know we are discussing an active case and that inself should be enough to confirm womens real fears about this issue.
    Also, keep in mind when men identify as female their crimes are recorded as committed by females, this skews facts and statistics so we may never know how many trans women or men self identifying as female attack women.

There is also a fear in the media and within the general discourse of disclosing the biological gender of trans women when they commit crimes.
    For example up until very recently, this recent case was only referred to as 'she/her' in the media. I only came to realise that Alejandro was infact male self identifying as female yesterday, its not widely known or focused on.

And you believe if Alejandro had no markers of femininity he wouldn’t attack women?

It’s femininity that drives him to attack?

By that logic it’s just another misogynistic man.

Alejandro can identify as anything he wants, he should not be permitted access to female only spaces. What is so hard to understand about that?

I agree.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

I agree.

Yeah but you’re fine with “Barbie” going into women’s refuges, rape crisis centres and changing rooms.

I agree.
    So Barbie is the wrong kind of trans? I thought it was 100% 'trans women are women'? Surely you of all people are not gatekeeping who can be trans? I thought it was only evils TERFs who did that.

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Yeah but you’re fine with “Barbie” going into women’s refuges, rape crisis centres and changing rooms.

Where did I say that?

I don’t agree.

So Barbie is the wrong kind of trans? I thought it was 100% 'trans women are women'? Surely you of all people are not gatekeeping who can be trans? I thought it was only evils TERFs who did that.

Alejandro isn’t trans according to Doctors.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I would be suspicious that there is a deliberate attempt to get this closed by using the person's previous name.

I would be suspicious that there is a deliberate attempt to get this closed by using the person's previous name.

It’s in the public Court document

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

:eek: deadnaming! How very terf of you! :D

Lads this is bananas. The world is gone utterly insane.

Taxi!

But the point always being made by TRAs is that they do not need doctors to tell them they are trans? I thought saying only people with dysphoria are trans is transphobic? The trans 'umbrealla' includes almost anyone - cross dressers, non-binary, gender queer. Can a doctor diagnose gender queer to verify you are indeed a trans person?

You are perfectly OK that anyone in Ireland can say they are trans by just signing a declaration and not having any medical intervention?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

That’s not what a GRC does, nor is a GRC necessary to make that particular claim (clearly!).

But, more importantly, a GRC doesn’t grant automatic access to anyone to any particular service or services. They would still be subject to the same process as everyone else, and in the case of single sex spaces they would not have automatic entry any more than anyone else who does not have a right to automatic entry. As an example, since they have been brought up numerous times now - women are denied access to women’s refuges and homeless services and shelters all the time, for any number of reasons where they fail to meet the criteria for access. A propensity for violence towards other service users is enough on its own to refuse a service user access to the services provided.

Gervais08 wrote: »
    And of course it is absolutely not possible that someone with nefarious intentions would take the few minutes to do this so they had access to vulnerable women.

/sarcasm

It’s certainly possible. It’s just not plausible as it would be an awful lot of unnecessary effort to go to in order to voluntarily put oneself under supervision which would hinder one’s opportunities to act on their nefarious intentions. It simply doesn’t make any sense that one would limit their opportunities to have access to vulnerable individuals when there are far easier ways and far more opportunities available to them in society already to act on their ill intentions with impunity and go undiscovered for decades.

I note that Arthur Mathews is one of the signatories.

When Father Ted had its 25th anniversary this year, I saw a fair few moronic tweets saying things like "Congratulations to Arthur Mathews, the sole creator of Father Ted on its 25th anniversary!". Guess those gobshites are going to have to now pretend that Father Ted is a show without any creators. :rolleyes:

Yup. Imagine being this much of a tool?

https://twitter.com/darachos/status/1310249940304752642?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Reminds me of the Soviet Union where a person just disappeared.

Obviously not the same as there is no Gulag. The doublethink is similar to it or the Cultural revolution.

Political reality is more important than reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Errashareesh

Beyond belief. And the comments.

Have to throw in the auld "middle class" shaming too. Middle class - oh noez! Despite the fact that so, so many supporters of the dogma are... oh yeah, middle class.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

He just thinks he is...

Beyond belief. And the comments.

Have to throw in the auld "middle class" shaming too. Middle class - oh noez! Despite the fact that so, so many supporters of the dogma are... oh yeah, middle class.

Exactly. :D They are most privileged people around!

The thing that gets me is them speaking for other celebs, like for example:

“You wouldn’t hear that nonsense out of Celebrity McCelebington!”. How do they know that?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

That's the plan,
    one complained to feedback then all of a sudden one poster similar post count and registered date starts screaming transphobia ,misogyny and spewing other nonsense.

It's not even been hidden

Gatling wrote: »
    That's the plan,
    one complained to feedback then all of a sudden one poster similar post count and registered date starts screaming transphobia ,misogyny and spewing other nonsense.

Hopefully the mods don’t fall for it.

Gatling wrote: »
    That's the plan,

Wheres the feedback?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

the woman JK Rowling backed was sacked "for believing in biology"...as basically what she did.

what next, sacked for believing in the theory of evolution ?

Or refusing to believe the Eath is flat ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement