Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J. K. Rowling is cancelled because she is a T.E.R.F [ADMIN WARNING IN POST #1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Errashareesh

I lined them up for you so you can follow the discussion.
    Yep, as I said, no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

*whistles innocently

0892651afd3df82abb58e085e0023ddb.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Hijra are a good example to talk about. They are considered a third gender. This blends well into what most reasonable people have been suggesting - the third space. In other cultures where there were non-binary people, they were recognised as third genders, and not as becoming female, or becoming male. Because indigenous people know that is not biologically possible.

I have met Hijra. They often live as prostitutes. They are not very well regarded generally, although there is some nostalgic nodding at the unusual place they have in the culture. Some of the ambivalence towards them is because of their own behaviour. They tend to be very raucous and put on public displays of bawdiness. They often rub their crotches by way of greeting, and stick out their tongues, and act kind of wild. Not threatening at all, but very loud. They choose to live in a very outré manner, seem to revel in it. They have taken quite difficult steps - often up to full castration, and I am sure they do not have fancy clinics for that. I am sure they are very badly treated too. Prostitutes are everywhere.
    As can all people in India be badly treated actually. The labourer. The rickshaw wallah, the poor. It is particularly an appalling place to be a woman in many areas. There is also the literal throwing away in the rubbish of newborn girls because they are female. A widow can be put in a very bad place because she is female. There is a lot of rural rape of girls. Because they are female. None of them can identify out of the reality of their lives. it is determined from the moment they are born.

But yeah, Hijras do not identify as women.

jaxxx wrote: »
    *whistles innocently

0892651afd3df82abb58e085e0023ddb.jpg
    So... you want to oppress intellectually disabled people, black people and you support blacking up.

So... you want to oppress intellectually disabled people, black people and you support blacking up.

Oh yeah, duh. I'm such a racist like :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Delirium wrote: »
    'terf': trans-exclusionary radical feminist

It's a label applied to a person based on the opinions they espouse. How is it a slur?

The main reason TERF has been designated a slur (in a Court in England), is because it is now mainly associated with insults and threats of violence and sexual assault against women. It is very common to see anime memes on Twitter with characters holding weapons, or with erect trans penises and the threats, die TERF bitch, or suck my girly dick TERF cúnt, etc.

Your feigned innocence and attempt to wave it off as just an accurate description doesn't cut it. It's akin to claiming that darkie is not a slur as it just accurately describes someone's skin colour.

Gruffalux wrote: »
    It is particularly an appalling place to be a woman in many areas. There is also the literal throwing away in the rubbish of newborn girls because they are female. A widow can be put in a very bad place because she is female. There is a lot of rural rape of girls. Because they are female. None of them can identify out of the reality of their lives. it is determined from the moment they are born.
    And yet the online abuse people receive for disagreeing with trans women stating they are women and insisting on no contradiction, even if the likes of the above is given as an example of why this is objectionable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

Using that word if even in a meme highlights a maturity level so low not to mention a lack of intelligence.

Disgusting.

How does saying retard oppress intellectually disabled people? If it's being addressed to non-disabled people...

Everyone is oppressed these days, and even if they're not, someone will 'suggest' they are.

Using that word if even in a meme highlights a maturity level so low not to mention a lack of intelligence.

Disgusting.
    Pot kettle black. Grow a pair of gonads, then maybe you'll start to be taken as something other than a pitiful troll.

• Advertisement

Dante7 wrote: »
    The main reason TERF has been designated a slur (in a Court in England), is because it is now mainly associated with insults and threats of violence and sexual assault against women. It is very common to see anime memes on Twitter with characters holding weapons, or with erect trans penises and the threats, die TERF bitch, or suck my girly dick TERF cúnt, etc.

Your feigned innocence and attempt to wave it off as just an accurate description doesn't cut it. It's akin to claiming that darkie is not a slur as it just accurately describes someone's skin colour.
    Well that's Boards leadership for ya, bending over and submit at the first hint of those who dare to oppose the precious left wing.

How does saying retard oppress intellectually disabled people? If it's being addressed to non-disabled people...
    You need to fine tune your irony sensor. :pac:

Everyone is oppressed these days, and even if they're not, someone will 'suggest' they are.

Me thinks your sarcasm detector needs tuning :D

jaxxx wrote: »
    Me thinks your sarcasm detector needs tuning :D

My sarcasm detector died last Christmas. Haven't been able to find a replacement that can manage online discussions. ;)

My sarcasm detector died last Christmas. Haven't been able to find a replacement that can manage online discussions. ;)

I've a spare one. You'll have to put up with the nerd though!

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

That ‘terf’ is allowed here on boards is still notable.

Misgendering? NO!

A misogynistic slur? Knock yourselves out, apparently.

I’d actually prefer if neither was banned. It’s the inconsistency I can’t stand.
    And note, poster only goes after women using 'terf'
    After all, no man can be a feminist and if they announce they are - run fast or roll your eyes and walk away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Dante7 wrote: »

Exactly.

Terf is too soft.

Bigot is more visceral.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Terf is too soft.

Bigot is more visceral.

Is there another word for troll

Gatling wrote: »
    Is there another word for troll

TERF?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    And note, poster only goes after women using 'terf'
    After all, no man can be a feminist and if they announce they are - run fast or roll your eyes and walk away!

maybe a man on here can claim to be a feminist and that would confuse them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Terf is too soft.

Bigot is more visceral.

The definition of bigot is "a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions."

That's a good description for those throwing around accusations of homophobia, transphobia, racism against those who dont agree with them. And the people threatening violence against women who hold differing opinions.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    The definition of bigot is "a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions."

That's a good description for those throwing around accusations of homophobia, transphobia, racism against those who dont agree with them. And the people threatening violence against women who hold differing opinions.

Those driving progress can never be described as a bigot. Only those who are regressive.

tumblr-oobgrf-Btl71s9a9yjo1-500.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

Those driving progress can never be described as a bigot. Only those who are regressive.

How is eradicating trans people progressive? If transwomen are women then they aren't trans as to be a women you must be female. Thus trans women are female and not trans, as to be trans you must want to be the sex that you are not.

Why do you want to eradicate trans people you transphobe?

How is eradicating trans people progressive? If transwomen are women then they aren't trans as to be a women you must be female. Thus trans women are female and not trans, as to be trans you must want to be the sex that you are not.

Why do you want to eradicate trans people you transphobe?

you cannot call people transphobe on here...or at least only some people can.

some are free to throw that term, along with racist and bigot and other such derogatory terms.

I think you, I and others are not allowed use it,

And it’s funny, because the most vocal transgender rights activists are forever othering black women and lesbians by saying “Would it be okay to exclude black women/lesbians from women’s spaces? Othering these groups of females whilst missing the point that somebody with a male body is a far greater threat to females than any other female. That othering is racist/homophobic. They don’t like when you point that out to them but it tends to stump them. :) I think it pierces their carefully crafted veneer of tolerance and progressiveness.

They also piggyback on BLM.

They also piggyback on BLM.

Just like they piggybacked on marriage equality to sneak through self-ID. Find popular movement or reform. Latch on to it.

• Advertisement

EC0f6LyXoAA3qlw.jpg

Have people lost the ability to think for themselves though, rather than having to be guided by some idiot left/right wing unbalanced sociopaths?

That's the problem with democracy, too many people who depend on anything but themselves to get something done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement