Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J. K. Rowling is cancelled because she is a T.E.R.F [ADMIN WARNING IN POST #1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Errashareesh

I am indeed convinced that the anti mask folks, believers in Covid being a hoax, Alex Jones fans, "defund the police" types, anti vaxxers and hardline TRAs... contain sociopaths in their numbers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

double post

Just like they piggybacked on marriage equality to sneak through self-ID. Find popular movement or reform. Latch on to it.

they are all "look at how progressive we are"

The are pro blm
    pro gay marriage
    womens rights

and that is more than fine, as I agree with that too.

however, when you point out to the very same people that arabs are treating women like dirt, the raping of kids by forced child marriages, female castration, they go very quiet, you dont see them come out and fight for those womens rights. Guess those women are somehow less important.

They are too busy calling Irish people "racists" for speaking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

they are all "look at how progressive we are"

The are pro blm
    pro gay marriage
    womens rights

and that is more than fine, as I agree with that too.

however, when you point out to the very same people that arabs are treating women like dirt, the raping of kids by forced child marriages, female castration, they go very quiet, you dont see them come out and fight for those womens rights. Guess those women are somehow less important.

They are too busy calling Irish people "racists" for speaking out.
    Speaking of forced child marriages, there's a thing on TV about an honour killing in UK about 13 years ago for a forced marriage which she eloped and was 'honour killed'. Yeah.. .. that's called murder. But it's ok, because it's your culture that makes it all disappear!!

No, keep on defending cultures with mentalities that belong in the Dark Ages.. .. .. Good for you.

Homosexual? DIE!
    Women as equals? DIE!
    Freedom of speech and critical thinking? DIE!

Am I exagerating the above a bit? Yes, purposefully so. But not by that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Those driving progress can never be described as a bigot. Only those who are regressive.

Yeah, threatening women with rape and calling them ugly bitches is so progressive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Yeah, threatening women with rape and calling them ugly bitches is so progressive.

Have I done that? No.

Have posters here used retard as a slur against progressives. Yes.

Despicable anyone would defend this.

I find being called a racist, or a transphobe, or a homophobe to be a personal attack.

I think its worse that being told to **** off, or being called stupid, which would get you banned,

but this forum seems to have no problem when you and others bandy about the terms racist, homophobe, transphobe etc with ease without any consequences, because we wont drink your kool-aid.

to me that way of thinking is the true bigot mindset

Have I done that? No.

Have posters here used retard as a slur against progressives. Yes.

Despicable anyone would defend this.

And quite childish that you'd get so upset over a meme from a movie. Or do you think RDJ was blackfacing? Yeah totally blackfacing.. .. cos his character was a white actor who himself was blackfacing. Yeah.. ..
    I find being called a racist, or a transphobe, or a homophobe to be a personal attack.

I think its worse that being told to **** off, or being called stupid, which would get you banned,

but this forum seems to have no problem when you and others bandy about the terms racist, homophobe, transphobe etc with ease without any consequences, because we wont drink your kool-aid.

And therein we have the exact hypocrisy that these so called 'trans allies' are absolutely infamous for.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I was once told on here you can be labeled a racist , homophobic , Islamophobe by anyone because you cannot disprove the claim ,

Insults and personal attacks are allowed because you can't disprove the claim but if you react you face infractions to bans

Gatling wrote: »
    I was once told on here you can be labeled a racist , homophobic , Islamophobe by anyone because you cannot disprove the claim ,

Insults and personal attacks are allowed because you can't disprove the claim but if you react you face infractions to bans

Hmm, and there was me thinking the onus was on the accuser to prove a claim rather than the defense to disprove :pac:

• Advertisement

I’ve never called anyone a transphobe or racist.

However, a persons views can be transphobic or racist. I believe in rehabilitation.

My view is that it’s not the views, it’s the obsession.
    There’s something extremely creepy about the obsession with genitals which posters brought up numerous times.

And side note. Please for your own sake cease with the Trumpist Kool-aid comment, it’s not healthy and how can you ever think you’ll be taken seriously?

You are not the oppressed, you are not the victim. Just live your life and let others live theirs. Dont live in fear of the bogeyman.

However, a persons views can be transphobic or racist. I believe in rehabilitation.

My view is that it’s not the views, it’s the obsession.
    There’s something extremely creepy about the obsession with genitals which posters brought up numerous times.

And side note. Please for your own sake cease with the Trumpist Kool-aid comment, it’s not healthy and how can you ever think you’ll be taken seriously?

You are not the oppressed, you are not the victim. Just live your life and let others live theirs. Dont live in fear of the bogeyman.

Jesus christ you still don't get it do you? Your view, your view, your view, always your view. But if someone dares have the audacity to have a different view, then they're "obsessed", or their views are "transphobic" and never, not once have you actually backed up your absolute BS with any concrete evidence of anyone here or their views actually being transphobic or anything of the sort.

If said people are actually guilty thats fine.

but you are not the judge, and simply accusing people without proof, simply because they have the audacity to question your nonsense does not make then any of the derogatory terms you love to throw around, whilst claiming to be the enlightened one here with your so called progressive thought.

Seriously how can you throw those terms around , all unfounded I might add, and then try claim the moral highground.
    you have zero self awareness.

jaxxx wrote: »
    Jesus christ you still don't get it do you? Your view, your view, your view, always your view. But if someone dares have the audacity to have a different view, then they're "obsessed", or their views are "transphobic" and never, not once have you actually backed up your absolute BS with any concrete evidence of anyone here or their views actually being transphobic or anything of the sort.

Calm down dear. Going on about a something that doesn’t affect you is obsessive. Going on about genitals, obsessive.

Wanting to force trans women into male spaces is a transphobic view and worse it’s abuse.

When the views are affecting a minority, like forcing Alan Turning to be chemically castrated, then it becomes more than an opposing view it becomes abuse.

When your views have real life consequences that hurt people then it’s more than a view when you actively want to force people into situations where they will be hurt.

If said people are actually guilty thats fine.

but you are not the judge, and simply accusing people without proof, simply because they have the audacity to question your nonsense does not make then any of the derogatory terms you love to throw around, whilst claiming to be the enlightened one here with your so called progressive thought.

Seriously how can you throw those terms around , all unfounded I might add, and then try claim the moral highground.
    you have zero self awareness.

How can I say people can be transphobic and racist? Because they seek to put trans people in situations where they will be hurt.

I don’t think I need to explain racism in 2020.

Calm down dear. Going on about a something that doesn’t affect you is obsessive. .

Wow...so anyone who criticizes your kool-aid mantra is obsessive.

Anyone that challenges you is "obsessive"

Why are you so obsessed then ?
    Are you saying that this personally affects you then ?

If not , then you are showing double standards, as since it does not affect you, you should not be so obsessive.

getting it yet ?

How can I say people can be transphobic and racist? Because they seek to put trans people in situations where they will be hurt.

I don’t think I need to explain racism in 2020.

Because calling people racist, homophobe, transphobe is not only vindictive, but insulting, and derogatory, and in a lot of places throwing an unfounded accusation like that at people could land you in legal trouble.

On here the mods dont give a flying fu(k who is accused it seems

Calm down dear. Going on about a something that doesn’t affect you is obsessive. Going on about genitals, obsessive.

Wanting to force trans women into male spaces is a transphobic view and worse it’s abuse.

When the views are affecting a minority, like forcing Alan Turning to be chemically castrated, then it becomes more than an opposing view it becomes abuse.

When your views have real life consequences that hurt people then it’s more than a view when you actively want to force people into situations where they will be hurt.

Not as obsessive as ignoring actual scientific facts.

Trans women/men are not female/male, and thus not actual women/men. Hence why they're called trans. Why call them trans then if they're actually women/men?? That is not transphobic, that is a fact, a biological fact. A fact that became so the very moment you were conceived. Human beings are not gods, we do not get to change nature. You cannot change what sex you are anymore than you can change the fact that you are human. Emotions do not and will never override facts. And yet again all you have done and all you have ever done is deflect, deflect, deflect to suit your own agenda with offering so much as a morsel of concrete proof of anything. Emotions and feelings are malleable, facts are not.

this is staggering, even by you.

You have the audacity to speak how views could have real life consequences.
    You mean like calling people racist, homophobes, transpobes, all it takes is one innocent person to be wrongly accused and then they could be attacked wrongly where it could spill in to real life consequences, especially in this day and age.

The zero self awareness is staggering, and its an absolute disgrace that people are even allowed to call others such names based on zero evidence.
    That says more about the person throwing out those vile accusations.

Wow...so anyone who criticizes your kool-aid mantra is obsessive.

Anyone that challenges you is "obsessive"

Why are you so obsessed then ?
    Are you saying that this personally affects you then ?

If not , then you are showing double standards, as since it does not affect you, you should not be so obsessive.

getting it yet ?

It’s 397 pages of you and your friends that obsessing over trans people, well really trans women.

Your grouping has mentioned genitals that I’ve never heard so much of in years but as a single retiree looking after an adult dependent child I have more pressing things to go on about.

Yes it affects me because I’ve lived a life. I’ve left home. I’ve left Ireland. I’ve met people from all walks of life. I know black, trans and gay people who I love and it upsets me to see people try to demonise them and drag Ireland backwards.

Nobody here has challenged me critically, the discourse has been hysteria, trans panic, repetitive, crude and pedestrian.

I just find someone needs to counter the black hole that this corner of boards is. I’ve already said nobody’s mind is changed online. But at least a black, trans or gay person may see someone here stand up for them instead of the constant vitriol vomit.

• Advertisement

And it DOES affect me, it affects everyone. Because a tiny minority is forcing the rest of us to accept utter insanity, and then accuse us of bigotry because we refuse to subscribe to your doctrine.

And it DOES affect me, it affects everyone. Because a tiny minority is forcing the rest of us to accept utter insanity, and then accuse us of bigotry because we refuse to subscribe to your doctrine.

How will it affect your day to day life? What rights will you lose?

It’s 397 pages of you and your friends that obsessing over trans people, well really trans women.

Your grouping has mentioned genitals that I’ve never heard so much of in years but as a single retiree looking after an adult dependent child I have more pressing things to go on about.

Yes it affects me because I’ve lived a life. I’ve left home. I’ve left Ireland. I’ve met people from all walks of life. I know black, trans and gay people who I love and it upsets me to see people try to demonise them and drag Ireland backwards.

Nobody here has challenged me, the discourse has been hysteria, trans panic, repetitive, crude and pedestrian.

I just find someone needs to counter the black hole that this corner of boards is. I’ve already said nobody’s mind is changed online. But at least a black, trans or gay person may see someone here stand up for them instead of the constant vitriol vomit.
    We're not demonising anyone! Learn to actually read what's put out in front of your eyes rather than reading your own f*cking fantasies. We are defending what it means to be male and female, WE ARE NOT ATTACKING ANYONE! Disagreeing with an ideal does not equal to a hatred of said same ideal!

How will it affect your day to day life? What rights will you lose?

Freedom of speech, forcing me to call a biological man/woman female/male and accept them as female/male simply because of their feelings. Are you really this f*cking ignorant??

We're not demonising anyone! Learn to actually read what's put out in front of your eyes rather than reading your own f*cking fantasies. We are defending what it means to be male and female, WE ARE NOT ATTACKING ANYONE! Disagreeing with an ideal does not equal to a hatred of said same ideal!

That’s the definition of heteronormative.

That’s the definition of heteronormative.
    Oh so we're homophobic as well now?? You are absolutely pathetic, YET AGAIN making baseless accusations with no actual proof. And it;s not heteronormative, IT'S CALLED COMMON SENSE!

Oh so we're homophobic as well now?? You are absolutely pathetic, YET AGAIN making baseless accusations with no actual proof. And it;s not heteronormative, IT'S CALLED COMMON SENSE!

It’s the definition of heteronormative which is different to homophobia if you care to research it. I take it you haven’t read Duggan?

It’s the definition of heteronormative which is different to homophobia if you care to research it. I take it you haven’t read Duggan?

"Heteronormativity is the belief that heterosexuality, predicated on the gender binary, is the default, preferred, or normal mode of sexual orientation. It assumes that sexual and marital relations are most fitting between people of opposite sex."

Gee where did I pick out homophobia from.. .. ..

Guess what: HETEROSEXUALITY IS THE DEFAULT. How would animals breed if everyone was gay?? ?? Life is about survival. For animals, that means reproduction. HOW CAN YOU REPRODUCE WITHOUT MALE AND FEMALE??

Are most people hetero or bi? Umm, NO SH*T SHERLOCK!

Aligning biological sex, sexuality, gender identity and gender roles is heteronormative.

But I guess you dispute this.

As Butler says ‘We are living in anti-intellectual times’.

There’s no ‘free speech’ I the Irish Constitution. Article 40 of the Irish Constitution (1937) declares that "it is the right of the citizens to express freely their convictions and opinions".

Your frequent Americanisms makes me wonder are you even based in Ireland or are your only interactions on the subject online?

• Advertisement

"Heteronormativity is the belief that heterosexuality, predicated on the gender binary, is the default, preferred, or normal mode of sexual orientation. It assumes that sexual and marital relations are most fitting between people of opposite sex."

Gee where did I pick out homophobia from.. .. ..

Guess what: HETEROSEXUALITY IS THE DEFAULT. How would animals breed if everyone was gay?? ?? Life is about survival. For animals, that means reproduction. HOW CAN YOU REPRODUCE WITHOUT MALE AND FEMALE??

Are most people hetero or bi? Umm, NO SH*T SHERLOCK!

It didn’t take you long.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement