Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J. K. Rowling is cancelled because she is a T.E.R.F [ADMIN WARNING IN POST #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Aligning biological sex, sexuality, gender identity and gender roles is heteronormative.

But I guess you dispute this.

As Butler says ‘We are living in anti-intellectual times’.

There’s no ‘free speech’ I the Irish Constitution. Article 40 of the Irish Constitution (1937) declares that "it is the right of the citizens to express freely their convictions and opinions".

Your frequent Americanisms makes me wonder are you even based in Ireland or are your only interactions on the subject online?
    How can we reproduce, how can our species survive if most relationships aren't heterosexual or at least bi? YET AGAIN, you deflect, deflect, deflect WITHOUT ANSWERING ANYTHING PUT YOUR WAY.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

It’s 397 pages of you and your friends that obsessing over trans people, well really trans women.

Your grouping has mentioned genitals that I’ve never heard so much of in years but as a single retiree looking after an adult dependent child I have more pressing things to go on about.

Yes it affects me because I’ve lived a life. I’ve left home. I’ve left Ireland. I’ve met people from all walks of life. I know black, trans and gay people who I love and it upsets me to see people try to demonise them and drag Ireland backwards.

Nobody here has challenged me, the discourse has been hysteria, trans panic, repetitive, crude and pedestrian.

I just find someone needs to counter the black hole that this corner of boards is. I’ve already said nobody’s mind is changed online. But at least a black, trans or gay person may see someone here stand up for them instead of the constant vitriol vomit.

first off, lets deal with the actual lie you are spouting.

I have not been in this thread for the 397 pages. If you did any research whatsoever before making yet another false accusation, you would see I am new to this thread.

but why let a little thing like the truth get in the way of your false accusations.

You dont have a monopoly on knowing blacks , gay or trans people.

you think that gives you some sort of preferential treatment ? In fact the way you say it, it comes across like you saying the typical "I have black friends" quote.
    Why you even have to bring up you know black people in this thread is quite puzzling. Thought this was about the biological aspects not color.

I hate to break it to you, as someone in a mixed race marriage, and seen racism up close and personal probably more often that you did, and seen my wife suffer it even as far back as the 1980s here in Ireland,...yes we know each other that long, I find people like you trying to make out we are the racists sickening.
    And the fact you are even allowed to constantly bandy the term around is appalling.

Discussing biology, does not make you racist, regardless of what color, or creed you are.

This is not going to work for your "get out of jail free card".
    You deflect, deflect, make unfounded accusations, refuse to listen to others, disregard the parts of posts that don't fit your narrative, and when it fails, you go on attack mode and try blame others as if your are the source of enlightenment.

not one person here, has said a single thing racist about blacks, and still confused why you brought that up, no one is anti trans or anti homosexual,

You just dont like biological facts, and with nothing to counter with, you try spin, name calling, make derogatory accusations.

to me, that type of person is a far more dangerous person, and the type i would be more worried about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

first off, lets deal with the actual lie you are spouting.

I have not been in this thread for the 397 pages. If you did any research whatsoever before making yet another false accusation, you would see I am new to this thread.

but why let a little thing like the truth get in the way of your false accusations.

You dont have a monopoly on knowing blacks , gay or trans people.

you think that gives you some sort of preferential treatment ? In fact the way you say it, it comes across like you saying the typical "I have black friends" quote.
    Why you even have to bring up you know black people in this thread is quite puzzling. Thought this was about the biological aspects not color.

I hate to break it to you, as someone in a mixed race marriage, and seen racism up close and personal probably more often that you did, and seen my wife suffer it even as far back as the 1980s here in Ireland,...yes we know each other that long, I find people like you trying to make out we are the racists sickening.
    And the fact you are even allowed to constantly bandy the term around is appalling.

Discussing biology, does not make you racist, regardless of what color, or creed you are.

This is not going to work for your "get out of jail free card".
    You deflect, deflect, make unfounded accusations, refuse to listen to others, disregard the parts of posts that don't fit your narrative, and when it fails, you go on attack mode and try blame others as if your are the source of enlightenment.

not one person here, has said a single thing racist about blacks, and still confused why you brought that up, no one is anti trans or anti homosexual,

You just dont like biological facts, and with nothing to counter with, you try spin, name calling, make derogatory accusations.

to me, that type of person is a far more dangerous person, and the type i would be more worried about.

You may know black peoples but calling them blacks means you don’t KNOW them.

So you can call black people black but we cant?

THE F*CKING HYPOCRISY!

Not surprised the thread has descended into racism and homophobia now also.

Terrible to see such things printed in Ireland in 2020.

• Advertisement

Ok, show us ONE BIT OF PROOF of homophobia/racism?

it's not racist to describe a person physically by the colour of their skin btw.. ..

jaxxx wrote: »

THE F*CKING HYPOCRISY!

The fact you can’t see the difference between calling a person black and a group of black people ‘blacks! Is something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,030 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

THE F*CKING HYPOCRISY!

I think at this rate Jaxxx you may need a new keyboard in the morning :D

Master of the Universe

You're literally extracting it from people with your nonsense, ironically it's your own doing.

The fact you can’t see the difference between calling a person black and a group of black people ‘blacks! Is something else.
    For all you know it was a typo on Justin's part. Maybe a slip of the tongue? Cos it happens even on a keyboard! Fact is, that ain't concrete proof. Cos guess what, we're only human after all! Everyone makes mistakes, but Justin doesn't need me to defend him, so I'm sure he'll be along to tear you another one. Not that you'll actually listen, cos you're incapable of seeing anything beyond your own bigotry. Good night.

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    You're literally extracting it from people with your nonsense, ironically it's your own doing.

Yes it’s my fault people are racist and homophobic.

We all know the type of people who blame others for the actions.

If it’s not inside it won’t come out.

You're describing yourself there, you know that?

Ok, now good night.

wow....you are actually gonna to complain about the added "s", when you added an extra "s" to people.

so I dont know black people ? Why because you said so ?

I must try that when my nephews and nieces birthdays come up , I tell them I got them no present for them as seemingly I dont "know them". They are only figments of my imagination.
    some "enlightened person" on the internet said so.

I give up. I am done dealing with you and your nonsense.

It is quite clear the mods on here dont give a flying **** that people are wrongly accused of being homophobes, racists, transphobes etc.

People like you are the true dangerous people in society, I have seen bigotry, and the many forms it takes, ....and you fit all the criteria.

You offer nothing, when confronted with anything, you deflect, ignore, take out of context, twist things to suit your narrative, and when that fails you are reduced to pathetic name calling.

Master of the Universe

If it’s not inside it won’t come out.

Nobody is being racist or homophobic, it's all being concocted in your head - I'm fairly sure only you can be to blame for your own thoughts.

For all you know it was a typo on Justin's part. Maybe a slip of the tongue? Cos it happens even on a keyboard! Fact is, that ain't concrete proof. Cos guess what, we're only human after all! Everyone makes mistakes, but Justin doesn't need me to defend him, so I'm sure he'll be along to tear you another one. Not that you'll actually listen, cos you're incapable of seeing anything beyond your own bigotry. Good night.

go back and look at what he is complaining about because I added an extra S.

he did the very same thing whilst mocking me for it saying "peoples".

you could not make this up/.

wow....you are actually gonna to complain about the added "s", when you added an extra "s" to people.

so I dont know black people ? Why because you said so ?

I must try that when my nephews and nieces birthdays come up , I tell them I got them no present for them as seemingly I dont "know them". They are only figments of my imagination.
    some "enlightened person" on the internet said so.

I give up. I am done dealing with you and your nonsense.

It is quite clear the mods on here dont give a flying **** that people are wrongly accused of being homophobes, racists, transphobes etc.

People like you are the true dangerous people in society, I have seen bigotry, and the many forms it takes, ....and you fit all the criteria.

You offer nothing, when confronted with anything, you deflect, ignore, take out of context, twist things to suit your narrative, and when that fails you are reduced to pathetic name calling.

I didn’t call black people ‘blacks’ that was you.

you must not know people then.

what are peoples ?

you must not know people then.

what are peoples ?

People: Noun: human beings
    Peoples: plural: human beings collectively

‘Blacks’ is not comparative it’s othering.

https://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-the-blacks-the-gays-2016-10

What is it with you all and the the Americanism/Trumpism.

Is this site still Irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

What a racist.

It-is-impossible-to-struggle-for-civil-rights-equal-rights-f-author-maya-angelou.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Is 'peoples' not othering also?

• Advertisement

What a racist.

Yea Maya Angelou is allowed use the term. Race theory 101.

Is 'peoples' not othering also?

What oppressed group am I othering?

my post covered racism, both general and my wifes and I own experiences.
    spoke about people throwing accusations around.
    spoke of multiple things, and imagine my surprise the only comeback he had was a typo.

the rest of the post went completely ignored, because it did not suit his biased agenda,
    Things like truth, facts etc, dont sit with people, as none so blind as those who refuse to see.

He will continue to spew his rhetoric til its almost like spamming, hoping people will drink his kool-aid, the vile insults he makes towards others will continue whilst trying to condemn people for insults he only see in his own mind.

In the end once the proven fact of Biology was brought up, there was no comeback, he cannot argue with that, so its all spin and deflection, with the added in name calling.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

What oppressed group am I othering?

Every single one

The constant references to ‘kool-aid’ on an Irish forum is an insidious form of right-wing race baiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Man were lost, were super lost!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    I think it's due before end of year - ws meant to be summer but covid...
    PS I wasn't pointing at you at all but once I saw a reply to a poster about Forstater I had a feeling facts weren't top of the list.:)

Oof :pac:

By Ms. Forstaters own admission, she was told by her former employer that her contract was not being renewed -

Despite writing in my own time on my personal Twitter account, over the course of the next few months these tweets, the draft article I was writing and informal conversations I’d had with others were investigated and my future at CGD was thrown into uncertainty. It was eventually found that I had not violated the organisation’s bullying and harassment policy, but nevertheless as a result of expressing my belief, in March this year I was told my appointment as a Visiting Fellow at CGD would not be renewed, even though I was named in a successful funding proposal for a two-year research project, building on the work I had been developing over the previous two and a half years working as part of the team at CGD.

I lost my job for speaking up about women’s rights

But in your link, Ms. Forstater claims it’s a myth that her contract was not renewed?

Myth 1: “She didn’t lose her job, her contract wasn’t renewed” -

Truth: I was a Visiting Fellow at the Center for Global Development (CGD) from November 2016 with a series of consultancy contracts and the expectation of an ongoing relationship.

Ms. Forstaters expectation of an ongoing relationship does not place an obligation on her former employer to fulfil her expectation, nor can an expectation mean that her former employer can be compelled to consider her application for a new contract of employment -

The Claimant’s last contract with the Respondent ended on 31 December 2018. She contend that thereafter she was an applicant for employment with the Respondent.

Forstater v CGD Judgement

As for Ms. Forstaters Witness Statement in which she outlined her beliefs, it seems odd, frankly, that in a case where she was claiming that her beliefs deserve the protection of the Equality Act, she would state -

I believe that people deserve respect, but ideas do not.

Am I surprised that Ms. Forstater would be of the belief that the standards she expects everyone else should be held to, she does not apply to herself? No, I’m really not, but I wouldn’t be too critical of her for being unable to evaluate her own thinking.

She appears to lack the capacity to understand why her former employer might have decided not to renew her contract of employment in spite of her behaviour which had been brought to her attention previously. I would be more sympathetic to her plight if her employer hadn’t previously brought her behaviour to her attention after complaints had been received about her behaviour from other employees, but Ms. Forstater appears to be under the impression that there was nothing inappropriate about her behaviour, rather that she was the victim of unlawful discrimination in her application for employment not being considered by her former employer, solely, as she claims, on the basis of her beliefs.

Based on the fact that it was determined by the Employment Tribunal that her beliefs are not afforded the protection of the Equality Act, her claim that she was the victim of unlawful discrimination, simply has no merit. I don’t disagree with a lot of her beliefs, much of what she outlines seems perfectly reasonable, but even if it were determined on appeal that her beliefs do deserve the protection of the Equality Act, it doesn’t seem unreasonable or illogical to conclude that how she chose to manifest her beliefs in the workplace created an untenable situation for her former employer who could not reasonably be expected to maintain her employment given her behaviour and the effects it had on other employees and the considerable damage her continued employment would do to her employers reputation, given her position was that she would continue with the behaviour which would damage her employers reputation -

On 2 October 2018 the Claimant stated in part of her response to the complaints against her:

“I have been told that it is offensive to say "transwomen are men" or that women means "adult human female". However since these statement are true I will continue to say them. Yes the definition of females excludes males (but includes women who do not conform with gendered norms). Policy debates where facts are viewed as offensive are dangerous. I would of course respect anyone’s self-definition of their gender identity in any social and professional context; I have no desire or intention to be rude to people.”

It would not be considered unreasonable that when Ms. Forstater made herself a liability for her former employer that they were entitled to protect themselves in spite of Ms. Forstaters expectation of an ongoing relationship that she appears to be under the impression only goes one way -

Reputational damage: six preventative measures for employers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Errashareesh

The constant references to ‘kool-aid’ on an Irish forum is an insidious form of right-wing race baiting.
    Race baiting? :confused: (the only person I can see doing that here is you).

"Drinking the Kool Aid" is a term used by anyone, in any context. I'm currently listening to a podcast about people who fled the extremely conservative and misogynistic fundamentalist Mormon church (not the mainstream one - an extremist offshoot) and they're using the term about the dogma they had to get away from.

When the phrase's origins relate to the mass suicide ordered by a cult leader, it's not something that any particular political "side" has a monopoly on.

I can only conclude that the over reliance on Americanisms is due to the fact that people have had no real world engagement on the topics.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Mod - everyone back on topic.

Thread needs a bit of a review and cleanup, I'll leave it open but any more sniping at each other will mean mod sanctions

Carerhomeless do not post in this thread again

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement