Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J. K. Rowling is cancelled because she is a T.E.R.F [ADMIN WARNING IN POST #1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Oh yeah and despite all this concern about feelings, fuk women's feelings.

Fuk the feelings of women who have female cancers (handy that those insisting they're female don't have to worry about those eh?), miscarriages, stillbirths, ectopic pregnancies, premature babies, endometriosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome, gestational diabetes, traumatising births, horrendous PMS, an awful time with the menopause.

Fuk the women around the world who live in fear of being beaten, raped, tortured and killed because of their sex. Who are sold into sex slavery. Who endure FGM. Who have to be breeding machines and walk miles for an urn of filth infested water. Who are banished to menstrual huts.

Nah, what's most important is that you write "womxn" in your online posts because of how it looks.

It's too maddening to bear at times.

But the optics of wokeness work in that perverse way - don't criticise mistreatment of women in parts of Islamic culture, or widespread in traveller culture. Do get upset though over a white middleclass heterosexual cis something something Karen... I dunno... existing (even though so many of those idiots are: white, middleclass, cis, hetero).

Yup, it's socially acceptable misogyny. Getting to perform progressiveness whilst being allowed to be utterly contemptuous of women at the same time. The weirdest thing is women partaking. But, hey, women can be misogynists too. It's absolutely pitiful. Especially when they can't put themselves outside of their own experience and in the shoes of much more vulnerable women.

I think there is reason to feel hopeful in the last few weeks. People are pushing back against this nonsense. In the UK at least, great pushback is happening on the back of a strong grassroots movement. The UK has for a long time been much stronger than Ireland on women's rights anyway and this is a continuation of that.

In the last week:

- JK Rowling has been publicly supported by many high profile people and the number is rising by the day
    - self ID has been shelved, meaning that female-only spaces will be protected. In England and Wales anyway.
    - teachers will no longer be allowed to nudge children who play with the "wrong" toys for their gender or don't act stereotypically like their gender towards thinking that they are in the wrong body, as guidance released this week has shown.
    - the infamous Mermaids charity has been in panic mode all week, claiming that they never said that they believed somebody could be born in the wrong body, despite ample evidence to the contrary.

It's all very encouraging. And, honestly, most people seem to realise how utterly absurd it is to allow biological males to compete in women's sports divisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

The weirdest thing is women partaking. But, hey, women can be misogynists too. It's absolutely pitiful. .

In my time I have had a little more experience than I enjoy to recall with various oddball cults - damn your idealistic hippie ways, I say to my younger self in this regard! But in such organisations and circumstances what always amazed me was the willingness of impassioned young women to be the most strict on themselves and others, the most self-abnegating, the most subservient, the most snitching. Converts to all religions and ideologies have this trait in the early years. But I could not believe the women who would do crazy stuff. Including sleep with ugly old cretinous leaders. And worse. Mind-bogglingly worse. Me - I was always thrown out pretty quick for talking back but I liked the music :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

The UK has for a long time been much stronger than Ireland on women's rights anyway and this is a continuation of that.

Even if I agreed that were true (which I don’t, the establishment of the poorhouses in Victorian times emanated from the UK, which became the Laundries in Ireland), it would still bear no relation to the fact that the UK had introduced the Gender Recognition Act in 2004, 10 years before Ireland finally complied with their human rights obligations under the same European Human Rights Convention -

Goodwin & I v United Kingdom

It took Lydia Foy a number of legal challenges over decades to force Ireland to fulfill it’s human rights obligations, from 1997 to 2013 -

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lydia_Foy

Firstly, I said "for a long time". I didn't say that the UK has always been strong on women's rights. In recent decades, it has been though.

Secondly, the Gender Recognition Act doesn't override the Equality Act's allowance of sex-based exemptions that permit provision of female-only spaces. That was what the proposed self-ID reform was about and that is what has been rejected. So yeah, the UK has much more regard for women than Ireland, a country in which self-ID was legal before abortion was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

- teachers will no longer be allowed to nudge children who play with the "wrong" toys for their gender or don't act stereotypically like their gender towards thinking that they are in the wrong body, as guidance released this week has shown.

This is both laughable and worrying! I was such a little tomboy when I was a kid, loved playing with footballs, Lego, climbing trees and really wanted to do kickboxing classes in the local community center but was made do dancing instead :rolleyes:
    I remember saying that I wanted to be a boy and went through a phase of only wearing 'boy' clothes. In hindsight the reason being was I noticed how my brothers and other boys got more respect and treated differently, I hated being a girl for that reason but it had nothing to do with feeling that I was born the wrong sex. Would not have been able to articulate those feelings as a child and like most kids was discovering myself and going through phases, its worrying that adults can place these adult notions on children.
    If that were the case now, to think their may actually be adults who would have tried to persuade me that I might be trans.
    How on earth are these adults allowed to work and interact with children?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Often wondered why so few females or whatever the pc word is now do not trans to male and invade THEIR spaces.

Does anyone know why it is male to female mostly? Well apart from invading women spaces and sports and so on wonder about the reluctance of born females to trans to male. OK, not easy to invade male spaces, but easy to invade women's with a piece of self ID paper. Seems to be all about bearded men with intact gonads invading women's spaces and that is not right. The GRA just swept in and few noticed it really.

Anyone any ideas here?

Yup. And it’s exactly because of that feeling that we are seeing the word ‘woman’ disappear from public health literature about sex-specific conditions. It’s painted as being inclusive of females that don’t identify as a woman but pull the other one. If that was really the reason, the phrase ‘Women, transgender men and non-binary females’ would be used. That would include all of the females who need this information. It’s a male-centred move to spare the feelings of transgender women, who won’t ever have those health concerns. And why corresponding literature on male health conditions are peppered with the word ‘man’.

The most ridiculous is Cervical Check where there is no reference whatsoever to women, only those who might have a cervix. Honest to God this sh.t is getting ridiculous.

Firstly, I said "for a long time". I didn't say that the UK has always been strong on women's rights. In recent decades, it has been though.

Secondly, the Gender Recognition Act doesn't override the Equality Act's allowance of sex-based exemptions that permit provision of female-only spaces. That was what the proposed self-ID reform was about and that is what has been rejected. So yeah, the UK has much more regard for women than Ireland, a country in which self-ID was legal before abortion was.

I didn’t say anything about the any length of time they were or weren’t strong on women’s rights. Historically, and even in recent decades, they haven’t been. Your comment as I read it was comparing the UK and Ireland in terms of women’s rights in relation to the rights of people who are transgender, and that’s why I made the point that the UK were well ahead of Ireland in relation to transgender rights too, or “recently” if you want to put it in those terms.

The UK has no more regard for women than Ireland and frankly the comparison you keep trying to make is just daft - they’ve been separate jurisdictions for quite some time now. Ireland had made marital rape a criminal offence in 1990, it took the UK another 13 years to do the same -

The illegality of rape within marriage was laid out explicitly under the Sexual Offences Act 2003.

When did marital rape become a crime?

If you’re going to make a comparison, at least compare like with like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Errashareesh

I have felt for a while that there is a spinelessness to the legislators in this country.

Anyway, back to another gripe of mine.

How many born women have trans to male and are happy to invade THEIR spaces and compete in sports and so on.

Minuscule I'd say. So unfortunately it is a male thing I think. Keep the wimmins down and do what we want. Well you can see the evidence of that with K in Limerick.

Discussion about female to male is not an issue. Wonder why?

So is this Trans thing a male to female thing exclusively? I think it is. Command and control.

• Advertisement

Anyway, back to another gripe of mine.

How many born women have trans to male and are happy to invade THEIR spaces and compete in sports and so on.

Minuscule I'd say. So unfortunately it is a male thing I think. Keep the wimmins down and do what we want. Well you can see the evidence of that with K in Limerick.

Discussion about female to male is not an issue. Wonder why?

So is this Trans thing a male to female thing exclusively? I think it is. Command and control.

Well, I have to say, even though there isn't really the same safety risk, I think that men are just as entitled to their sex-segregated spaces. Their privacy and dignity is important too.

There are transgender men in Ireland. I think their safety is important too. I'd be happy to share a female space with any transgender man. They are female.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Invidious

Some studies have identified the proportion of trans women to trans men as being as high as 2:1, but that is changing rapidly. Among teens in the UK, natal girls now account for 70 percent of those transitioning.

Well, I have to say, even though there isn't really the same safety risk, I think that men are just as entitled to their sex-segregated spaces. Their privacy and dignity is important too.

There are transgender men in Ireland. I think their safety is important too. I'd be happy to share a female space with any transgender man. They are female.

I know what you say, but it is all just so dangerous now for everyone. We all have female friends, partners, family and so on. That's where I am coming from, that is becoming a dangerous place for our daughters and wives/partners now. We just don't know what is facing us anymore.

Anyway I have to disagree with you, female to male will have no problem in a male space will they? ooops maybe they will. But male to female won't if they are six and half foot and built like a tank in the female only (for now) areas.

I hope you see what I mean.

Dante7 wrote: »
    A violent abuser with serious mental illness can get a GRC even though they are not genuinely Trans.

Anybody can get a gender recognition cert just by filling in a form. There's no need for the applicant to prove anything at all.

Invidious wrote: »
    Some studies have identified the proportion of trans women to trans men as being as high as 2:1, but that is changing rapidly. Among teens in the UK, natal girls now account for 70 percent of those transitioning.

I'd need a bit of backup for that.

Not dissing you at all, but maybe female to male are quieter and all that and just live their lives out as they wish.

On the other hand the male to female issue is troubling for those of us with daughters and partners and so on. Seems to be a lot more "out there" and a lot of demands and so on.

Sorry to repeat myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Like seriously, WTF.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Anybody can get a gender recognition cert just by filling in a form. There's no need for the applicant to prove anything at all.

And this is why when the ludicrous accusation of “transphobia” is trotted out it makes me furious.

I know transsexuals, the sheer horror of the process they went through - mental, physical, psychological because they had an illness (it was a psych condition - gender dysphoria). They went through Hell in a lot of cases.

And now some bloke paints his nails, doesn’t bother to even change his name - and hey presto, he’s a woman and we have to play pretend that biology is false!!!

I agree with (sorry I’m terrible with names) Obvious Breakfast (??) - there is clear evidence of misogyny here.

Time to fight back now.

Often wondered how a tiny proportion of our population has so much influence in law making. I shall investigate. I think some moneyed people are behind this.

I could name those I think fund the TRANS movement, but will desist for now. Google will help you.

I fear for my daughters and partner now. The lads not so much they are built like tanks.

Anyway it is all kind of sinister.... if that's the right word. It crept up on us and now here we are. Not one bit happy that such a small tiny cohort have infiltrated our lives like this. Where will it end?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Time to fight back now.

Often wondered how a tiny proportion of our population has so much influence in law making. I shall investigate. I think some moneyed people are behind this.

I could name those I think fund the TRANS movement, but will desist for now. Google will help you.

I fear for my daughters and partner now. The lads not so much they are built like tanks.

Anyway it is all kind of sinister.... if that's the right word. It crept up on us and now here we are. Not one bit happy that such a small tiny cohort have infiltrated our lives like this. Where will it end?

One of my nieces plays hockey - a Rachel McKinnon type plays against her and she’s going down. As big as she is - I’d take a moody Offaly teenage girl with a hockey stick over a man any day!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Time to fight back now.

What is even more disturbing is these same people are the ones to love to call people

Racists
    Homophobe
    Transphobes
    Sexist
    Agist
    Bigots etc

They throw these around like its nothing toward people who dont drink their kool-aid, or dont share their opinion.

To me that is the true sign of a true bigot when they abuse people for their opinions, and those people are far far more dangerous to society and the world we live in.

• Advertisement

I have felt for a while that there is a spinelessness to the legislators in this country.

Fine Gael were getting a lot of love (from young people especially) for all the progressive measures they were championing. Some of these were necessary and long overdue (same-sex marriage, liberalization of abortion & divorce laws, etc.) but then we got laws like this that are ill-conceived, damaging, and actually regressive when it comes to women's rights and basic safety.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Do not discuss a case that is before the courts. A number of posts have been removed.

Over the last few days there have been multiple posts or new threads concerning this case, either directly or indirectly referencing it. It is before the courts and cannot be discussed.

Any more mentions of this case will result in a week long forum ban

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Gt what's this got to to with the woman who writes books for men , women and children and them people who menstruate oh women

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Time to fight back now.

Jennifer Bilek has written a lot on who is behind it. Big billionaires invested in pharmaceuticals and a transhuman philosophy. I am really not on the same page as Bilek on a lot of issues but she is an interesting place to start checking into things. You might think she is way OTT but there are definite elements of the deconstruction of what it is to be a human being - making us like potato head people who can detach and attach parts for the benefit of those who will profit.

https://thefederalist.com/2018/07/05/transgenderism-just-big-business-dressed-pretend-civil-rights-clothes/

https://www.the11thhourblog.com/post/from-transexual-to-transgender-to-transhuman-part-i

https://www.the11thhourblog.com/post/from-transexual-to-transgender-to-transhuman-part-ii

Gruffalux wrote: »
    Jennifer Bilek has written a lot on who is behind it. Big billionaires invested in pharmaceuticals and a transhuman philosophy. I am really not on the same page as Bilek on a lot of issues but she is an interesting place to start checking into things. You might think she is way OTT but there are definite elements of the deconstruction of what it is to be a human being - making us like potato head people who can detach and attach parts for the benefit of those who will profit.

https://thefederalist.com/2018/07/05/transgenderism-just-big-business-dressed-pretend-civil-rights-clothes/

https://www.the11thhourblog.com/post/from-transexual-to-transgender-to-transhuman-part-i

https://www.the11thhourblog.com/post/from-transexual-to-transgender-to-transhuman-part-ii

Thank you, I can only take this total sh7t in small chunks now.

Unreal really when you think about how minuscule the cohort is. Will read tomorrow, thanks. It is just so sinister and unreal. Well maybe that is just me, but I doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Thank you, I can only take this total sh7t in small chunks now.

Unreal really when you think about how minuscule the cohort is. Will read tomorrow, thanks. It is just so sinister and unreal. Well maybe that is just me, but I doubt it.

The backlash is only beginning for this ideology - they’ve had their moment now to shout everyone down as transphobe this and that and aggressively pursue those who dared not share their group view of the world. Now the majority are refusing to shut up any longer and are raising very valid objections to this whole ****ing nonsense - the house of cards is crumbling. There’s ways to gain acceptance and ways to turn people against you, and this community have unknowingly burnt their bridges at every turn for any chance of that happening.

The backlash is only beginning for this ideology - they’ve had their moment now to shout everyone down as transphobe this and that and aggressively pursue those who dared not share their group view of the world. Now the majority are refusing to shut up any longer and are raising very valid objections to this whole ****ing nonsense - the house of cards is crumbling. There’s ways to gain acceptance and ways to turn people against you, and this community have unknowingly burnt their bridges at every turn for any chance of that happening.

Good. Most of us are intelligent beings and understand the reality of this odious ideology now.

Doubt it will go away soon though unless those of us who object have a pot full of money, there are forces out there who will keep this going because they can, with their deep pockets.

It is quite sinister, as I have said before. But we shall see. Sometimes the genuine voices will overcome. Let's hope that is the case going forward in the midst of this ridiculous ideology.

Antlantic Philanthropies is my bet for funding and Chuck Feeney. I have no back up for that, but let's see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

I've figured out it's best to take a step back sometimes and let the ranting speak for itself.

It's a global billionaire conspiracy now :D great stuff.

Fine Gael were getting a lot of love (from young people especially) for all the progressive measures they were championing. Some of these were necessary and long overdue (same-sex marriage, liberalization of abortion & divorce laws, etc.) but then we got laws like this that are ill-conceived, damaging, and actually regressive when it comes to women's rights and basic safety.

Fine Gael had nothing to do with the Gender Recognition Act? The Minister for Social Protection at the time was Joan Burton -

Burton & Humphreys mark start of Gender Recognition Act

It was completely unrelated to the marriage equality referendum too btw, contrary to a lot of the conspiracy theorist nonsense that claims it was introduced “through the back door”, “tied to the marriage equality referendum”, etc.

• Advertisement

Quick google found me this..... Think on about the money behind the movement. Honestly WTAF.

https://www.atlanticphilanthropies.org/news/act-now-transgender-rights-ireland

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement