Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J. K. Rowling is cancelled because she is a T.E.R.F [ADMIN WARNING IN POST #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Libski wrote: »
    Your post is laced with sexism and transphobia.

All I'm saying is be respectful of those whom you disagree with.

Give one example of sexism in that post.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Transphobia is an objective term - hatred and abuse and marginalisation and lack of acknowledgment of transgender people.

I don't think it's in the eye of the beholder W.
    It kinda is though, because what is considered hatred and abuse can be very broad definitions indeed. EG "trans men are biologically women". This is a fact. However it could also be called "hatred" and "transphobic". Suggesting 6'4" bruisers who now identify as women shouldn't participate in women's sports is also "transphobic".

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Yeah, he was sulking all day yesterday about the fast support the group received. Beautiful stuff. :)

I wouldn't call it vast support. Basically it was advertised on mumsnet and all the TERFs from there joined. The account having 2000 followers is basically a sign of how TERFs have almost 100% taken over the mumsnet feminism forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Errashareesh

They'd say it's subjective, sure, but they know it isn't. They know much of what they refer to as transphobia isn't at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Gatling wrote: »
    Oh I wonder what other accounts you have

There’s at least three that are glaringly obvious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

LLMMLL wrote: »
    I wouldn't call it vast support. Basically it was advertised on mumsnet and all the TERFs from there joined. The account having 2000 followers is basically a sign of how TERFs have almost 100% taken over the mumsnet feminism forum.

So women are posting in a forum called Mumsnet .

Wow almost shocking revelation

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Mumsnet is problematic because transwomen cant be mums

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Mumsnet is crazy. Although there's a thread there called trans widows which explains the demographics and reasons for so many TERFs. A real eye opener.

Well... not biologically of course but I'd hope lovely kind caring nurturing trans people could adopt.

Mumsnet is problematic really though because it comprises so many women (just women, not terfs) who won't put up with the abuse and the lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Well... not biologically of course but I'd hope lovely kind caring nurturing trans people could adopt.

Yes ideed

• Advertisement

Yes ideed

Many do - my friend has (not officially yet but in her heart) adopted her partners children. She’s been in their lives solely post-surgery. The kids have two mums who love them - I think that’s awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Mumsnet is crazy. Although there's a thread there called trans widows which explains the demographics and reasons for so many TERFs. A real eye opener.

Wow.
    The old women jibe

And newsflash - it is probably very traumatic for almost every woman to be married for a long time to a man if he decides he is now transgender. One lady I know who has this experience has been stoic and tolerant but it has been a terrible journey for her. Meanwhile the husband who now lives with her as a transwoman has to fill every passerby in on their own momentous 'journey' and never mentions the trauma caused to their wife.
    This is not the case in all circumstances - see Debbie Haytons story which I linked earlier. But even still Debbies wife found it extremely hard. Your sympathy for women once again overwhelms me.

Interesting that you completely dismiss the experiences of those women.

Oh sorry, I forgot, you don't know who "women" are so that sentence won't make any sense to you.

Gruffalux wrote: »
    Wow.
    The old women jibe

And newsflash - it is probably very traumatic for almost every woman to be married for a long time to a man if he decides he is now transgender. One lady I know who has this experience has been stoic and tolerant but it has been a terrible journey for her. Meanwhile the husband who now lives with her as a transwoman has to fill every passerby in on their own momentous 'journey' and never mentions the trauma caused to their wife.
    This is not the case in all circumstances - see Debbie Haytons story which I linked earlier. But even still Debbies wife found it extremely hard. Your sympathy for women once again overwhelms me.

People have described it as a bereavement and I see that. Many make the new friendship work but I can imagine it being so hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

This thread seems to attract it's share of newly registered

Why do transgender activists hate women so much?

Can’t speak for all but envy they want to be something they can never be, pure lack of respect for what women go through and good old fashion misogyny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

Wow.
    The old women jibe

This is one part that seems to throw up a lot of questions. If we go along with the mantra that Trans Women are Women, and Trans Men are Men, does this mean that their partner is now Gay or a Lesbian?

Say in a married heterosexual couple, the Woman comes out as Transgender, so by the TMAM logic they are now a Man and always have been. So their Husband has always been married to a Man, which would mean that he has been in a homosexual relationship. So was he made gay, or has he always been gay?

We know that people can't be made Gay/Lesbian, they are born that way... so how do we reconcile this contradiction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Wow.
    The old women jibe

Oh there’s tonnes of ageism out of TRAs. They also often betray their utter contempt for women. This is a despicable example from a few days back, from a pretty active Twitter TRA. And the widow that person is insulting is actually young. Not that it matters.

https://twitter.com/laurenbolton3/status/1309766562245607424?s=21

Evil piece of work.

They're every bit as bad as the MGTOW crowd. And at least the latter don't have self appointed "liberals" and "feminists" supporting them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

I think someone making a life changing decision like that after entwining their lives with someone else for so long is pretty disgusting and selfish. Couldn’t care less if anyone says “oh but why should they live a lie?”.

You don’t decide overnight to become trans and if you felt like that before you you got involved with someone who took you at face value, why the **** didn’t you come out before you dragged them along for years on end before sticking a knife in to your relationship? It’s selfish bollixology.

• Advertisement

This tweet from a female Irish politician honestly makes me angry. I can’t mention to what she is referring as per a mod warning earlier in the thread. Also, the Limerick Leader, who she quoted, deleted the tweet (bet they received abuse over it). The article is still available on their website though. Well done to them for telling the truth. But this politician’s attitude reeks.

https://twitter.com/elisaodonovan/status/1311423741331730433?s=21

Oh there’s tonnes of ageism out of TRAs. They also often betray their utter contempt for women. This is a despicable example from a few days back, from a pretty active Twitter TRA. And the widow that person is insulting is actually young. Not that it matters.

https://twitter.com/laurenbolton3/status/1309766562245607424?s=21

I read that recently in one of the Manchester pride there was cheers when a gay man said that they should be dragged off by their saggy tits.

He was referring to where lesbians were protesting transgender participants in their organisations at London. So you need pert young tits to have an opninion maybe. Or just be a man.

This tweet from a female Irish politician honestly makes me angry. I can’t mention to what she is referring as per a mod warning earlier in the thread. Also, the Limerick Leader, who she quoted, deleted the tweet (bet they received abuse over it). The article is still available on their website though. Well done to them for telling the truth. But this politician’s attitude reeks.

Back to that "but it looks cool and with the programme and fashionable - forget about actually thinking" optics chestnut again.

And I see her tweet laughing at a violent person with a self confessed hatred of women being placed in a women's prison is being destroyed. And reaching other shores. Good.

I also see that someone tweeted "waaaah the person in question" is a trans woman" but no comment on the violence. Because the former is the most important takeaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

I don’t know what is worse the laughing emoji or the blatant lies. The article is accurate.

The best defence against the radical TRA agenda is getting it out to mainstream.

That Lauren Bolton is an example of what I'm talking about. Because 'she' can never experience love or happiness 'she' has to lash out at women, hurt them emotionally. 'She' is insulting a widow who lost her husband to cancer.

It's like there's no empathy or compassion with these trans activists.

Whilst they are telling everyone else to be kind. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

She’s a complete snowflake and PC spoofer, I would pay absolutely no attention to anything she has to say.

Back to that "but it looks cool and with the programme and fashionable - forget about actually thinking" optics chestnut again.

And I see her tweet laughing at a violent person with a self confessed hatred of women being placed in a women's prison is being destroyed. And reaching other shores. Good.

I also see that someone tweeted "waaaah the person in question" is a trans woman" but no comment on the violence. Because the former is the most important takeaway.

Good to see a lot of the reaction to her is disagreeing with it.

The other thing is the fact she thinks its funny is sickening on a few levels. I am sure it's hilarious for the victims.

I believe the current crop of TRAs to be the most vile homophobic creatures out there.

They support coercion of lesbians to have sexual with men.

They refer to hard wired sexual orientation as a “preference” or “identity”

It’s just sickening and I hate them for it.

Women should reclaim 'terf' as a badge of honour.

Nice try.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement