Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J. K. Rowling is cancelled because she is a T.E.R.F [ADMIN WARNING IN POST #1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Errashareesh

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Nice try.
    No I agree. Was only thinking the same thing earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

No I agree. Was only thinking the same thing earlier.

Terven has been reclaimed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I think they should. It's an insult directed at women right? So why not reclaim it?

Yeah it really doesn't bother me. At the same time I can see why you would object to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Gruffalux wrote: »
    Wow.
    The old women jibe

And newsflash - it is probably very traumatic for almost every woman to be married for a long time to a man if he decides he is now transgender. One lady I know who has this experience has been stoic and tolerant but it has been a terrible journey for her. Meanwhile the husband who now lives with her as a transwoman has to fill every passerby in on their own momentous 'journey' and never mentions the trauma caused to their wife.
    This is not the case in all circumstances - see Debbie Haytons story which I linked earlier. But even still Debbies wife found it extremely hard. Your sympathy for women once again overwhelms me.

Oh I have sympathy for anyone who goes through it but I don't think their justifiable upset over their failed marriage should be channeled into a desire to limit trans rights. They would be best served attending counselling and going through a proper grieving process for their marriage instead of letting the internet radicalise them.

She’s a complete snowflake and PC spoofer, I would pay absolutely no attention to anything she has to say.
    Oh she's on the "caring" left? Well I'm astounded.

Another trend emerging from this sh1t show of an era is the failing of women by elements of the left.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Oh she's on the "caring" left? Well I'm astounded.

Another trend emerging from this sh1t show of an era is the failing of women by elements of the left.

Yes a real hug the world type. Her tweet has now managed to get the Limerick Leader to take down the story about him being housed in the women’s wing of Limerick prison, so she has succeeded in sweeping it under the rug. Unfortunately for her (as you can see by the replies she is getting) she has just stepped on a landmine of her own making :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

A couple of feminist groups have also been hassling the Limerick Leader, calling them 'transphobic' etc.

I wonder if a man like Gerald Barry announces he is a woman, will it be 'transphobic' not to move him to a female prison?

Yep or Larryetta Murphy - it’s strange seeing any women defend this identity nonsense, it’s like sheep cheering on the bus taking them to the slaughterhouse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Oh there’s tonnes of ageism out of TRAs. They also often betray their utter contempt for women. This is a despicable example from a few days back, from a pretty active Twitter TRA. And the widow that person is insulting is actually young. Not that it matters.

https://twitter.com/laurenbolton3/status/1309766562245607424?s=21

Those people have zero respect for anyone but themselves.

if you point out how vile their attitude is, you will be called some name.

supposedly they are the progressive ones....

LLMMLL wrote: »
    Oh I have sympathy for anyone who goes through it but I don't think their justifiable upset over their failed marriage should be channeled into a desire to limit trans rights. They would be best served attending counselling and going through a proper grieving process for their marriage instead of letting the internet radicalise them.

Must be a few weeks since I sought a definition of *trans rights" that wasn't just "whatever I like", I believe twas the same post I sought a definition of "transphobia" that wasn't just"whatever I don't like".

Allow me to predict the response: " oh I don't have time I did all that years ago with all my wonderful non-mumsnet friends who are all wonderfully impressed with my arguments in real life also they are totally a majority byeeeeeee *winkemoji""

Also, "trans women would be best served attending counselling and going through a proper grieving process for their gender dysphoria instead of letting the internet radicalise them" would rightly be called a hateful statement. The equivalent from you above about women who have lost a large part of their lives, including their memories of their past, to the ego of another person whom they are then encouraged to celebrate while remaining a mere accessory of is sheer hate- it's disgusting and no amount of airy winkemoji mumsnet references disguise that.

A couple of feminist groups have also been hassling the Limerick Leader, calling them 'transphobic' etc.
    Feminists my hole. Time for them to rebrand.

• Advertisement

Must be a few weeks since I sought a definition of *trans rights" that wasn't just "whatever I like", I believe twas the same post I sought a definition of "transphobia" that wasn't just"whatever I don't like".

Allow me to predict the response: " oh I don't have time I did all that years ago with all my wonderful non-mumsnet friends who are all wonderfully impressed with my arguments in real life also they are totally a majority byeeeeeee *winkemoji""

Also, "trans women would be best served attending counselling and going through a proper grieving process for their gender dysphoria instead of letting the internet radicalise them" would rightly be called a hateful statement. The equivalent from you above about women who have lost a large part of their lives, including their memories of their past, to the ego of another person whom they are then encouraged to celebrate while remaining a mere accessory of is sheer hate- it's disgusting and no amount of airy winkemoji mumsnet references disguise that.
    Trans people's feelings trump all others'. And I mean ALL others'.

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Women should reclaim 'terf' as a badge of honour.

Oh, some have! Much like gay people took the term 'queer' back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,013 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The fact you call it a "failed marriage" says everything there is to know about the amount of sympathy you have.

I don't care if I get banned for this.

You are a complete ****.

Encouraging them to be radicalised into a TERF group is hardly going to help them. It might briefly give them an area to focus their grief on but does not allow them to deal with their actual issues. I fear there will be long term negative mental health consequences for these women but TERF groups don't care as long as they get some likes on mumsnet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Yes, the latest "right" is that a man be entitled to "simulate" a pregnancy for 9 months which will culminate in a fake labour which will end whenever they cant take the self inflicted pain and result in a stillbirth (for which they will need support obv). This person will then stimulate lactation with drugs and hopes to use a real baby to nurse to make their fantasy more realistic. Women on a Facebook breast feeding group who have actually experienced the trauma of a stillbirth and who object to this have been removed from the group for transphobia and their actual wife and children are yucky transphobes too of course for not going along with it. Can anyone explain what this has to do with rights for trans people and why women are being castigated for finding it offensive?

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Yes, the latest "right" is that a man be entitled to "simulate" a pregnancy for 9 months which will culminate in a fake labour which will end whenever they cant take the self inflicted pain and result in a stillbirth (for which they will support obv). This person will then stimulate lactation with drugs and hopes to use a real baby to nurse to make their fantasy more realistic. Women on a Facebook breast feeding group who have actually experienced the trauma of a stillbirth and who object to this have been removed from the group for transphobia and their actual wife and children are yucky transphobes too of course for not going along with it. Can anyone explain what this has to do with rights for trans people and why women are being castigated for finding it offensive?
    Actually evil.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Yes, the latest "right" is that a man be entitled to "simulate" a pregnancy for 9 months which will culminate in a fake labour which will end whenever they cant take the self inflicted pain and result in a stillbirth (for which they will support obv). This person will then stimulate lactation with drugs and hopes to use a real baby to nurse to make their fantasy more realistic. Women on a Facebook breast feeding group who have actually experienced the trauma of a stillbirth and who object to this have been removed from the group for transphobia and their actual wife and children are yucky transphobes too of course for not going along with it. Can anyone explain what this has to do with rights for trans people and why women are being castigated for finding it offensive?

I want to be sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

Can't they just go and do those Warcraft type roleplay games and dress up as pregnant women to their heart's content??

That is PROPER mental illness right there.

Encouraging them to be radicalised into a TERF group is hardly going to help them. It might briefly give them an area to focus their grief on but does not allow them to deal with their actual issues. I fear there will be long term negative mental health consequences for these women but TERF groups don't care as long as they get some likes on mumsnet.

"Encouraging them to be radicalised into a TRA group is hardly going to help them. It might briefly give them an area to focus their grief on but does not allow them to deal with their actual issues. I fear there will be long term negative mental health consequences for these men but TRA groups don't care as long as they get some likes on twitter"

Transphobic?

If so, your post is misogyny.

There isn't a middle ground here.

• Advertisement

You fear nothing of the sort - you care nothing for women and anything we might be going through.

Actually evil.

sounds more like mental illness

Gervais08 wrote: »
    You fear nothing of the sort - you care nothing for women and anything we might be going through.

I do. And when these women realise that fulfillment won't be found through radicalism I would welcome them back with open arms and no judgement.

I predict many recanting TERF beliefs in a year or two when they've had time to process.

I predict many recanting TERF beliefs in a year or two when they've had time to process.

I predict you've wildly misunderstood the direction in which arguments are going of late.

I mean the banning of women who have experienced stillbirth though - and referring to them as transphobes.

Lillyfae wrote: »
    I predict you've wildly misunderstood the direction in which arguments are going of late.
    And why would anyone "recant" the truth? :confused:

And why would anyone "recant" the truth? :confused:

Maybe it's fluid :pac:

I do. And when these women realise that fulfillment won't be found through radicalism I would welcome them back with open arms and no judgement.

Telling you used the word “recant”.

Matthew Hopkins would be deeply proud of you.

This tweet from a female Irish politician honestly makes me angry. I can’t mention to what she is referring as per a mod warning earlier in the thread. Also, the Limerick Leader, who she quoted, deleted the tweet (bet they received abuse over it). The article is still available on their website though. Well done to them for telling the truth. But this politician’s attitude reeks.

https://twitter.com/elisaodonovan/status/1311423741331730433?s=21
    Lol she deleted it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Yes, clearly. But why is this person being indulged to the point that women questioning it are being banned? Rather than people acknowledging that actually its pretty ****ed up and this person needs help? This is what happens when you make it so that no one when can be challenged when it comes to certain topics, no matter how crazy it is. How many more jessica yaniv types does there need to be before some people realise there is a problem here? The reality is, they are a male and can never give birth. Biology is real. Going along with this person's delusions is not helping and only enabling them to increase their behaviour.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement