Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J. K. Rowling is cancelled because she is a T.E.R.F [ADMIN WARNING IN POST #1]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

There is no TERF idealogy. Its just a label of abuse invented by extremists like yourself to shout down people who have genuine concerns.
    AS an insult it is becoming highly devalued due to inappropriate overuse

correct, its something in their warped mind to deflect for scientific proof like biology.
    or a persons sexual preference.

If you disagree with them they will label you, its how they works with them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Gatling wrote: »
    So what exactly are they being radicalised for ,
    To believe women are women and not men who claim to women,
    Or to believe men are men even if they put make up and a dress .

What's the endgame for these women ?

Endgame for what women? The trans widows? I don’t think they have an endgame in mind. They ve been through a difficult experience and have been attracted by a nefarious element.

Unfortunately when they realise that hate is not the solution their original feelings of grief will still not have been dealt with and the TERf community will demonise them for changing their opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

LLMMLL wrote: »
    Shouted down? You may not have noticed but this thread is pretty much 20 vs 1.

Yes. The fact that the vast majority of people disagree with you must mean that your being shouted down, and not objectively incorrect .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

should be more that 20/1.......as I doubt there is a second person gullible enough to think biology is wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

People are terrified of saying the wrong thing now. Where did that come from + the power to frighten people into silence about this Trans issue.

Personally I know NO trans person do you?

Worked with a transgender woman in the UK a decade ago and the wife of one of my cousins is non-binary. I fully admit to not getting the whole non-binary thing. Isn’t that just not conforming to gender stereotypes? She goes by ‘she’ though.

• Advertisement

very sorry to hear, hope things go well for you.

lost my mum to it in june, horrible disease.

I’m so sorry to hear that. Condolences.

It’s a motherfucker.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

It’s a motherfucker.

And to hear girls having to “wait” to have their perfectly healthy breasts cut off and complaining that breast cancer patients get seen quicker - GOD DAMNED F***ING RIGHT THEY DO!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Yes. The fact that the vast majority of people disagree with you must mean that your being shouted down, and not objectively incorrect .

I don’t think anyone else would be willing to go through the responses I get here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

This may be of interest to a few on here, it's an exchange of letters (usually spread over a week or so) between Sarah Haider and Ayaan Hirsi Ali.
    https://letter.wiki/conversation/930
    Is the Culture War Lost?
    One paragraph in Haider's first letter is jolting but I believe, unfortunately true (maybe not fully yet in Western Europe):
    "I believe that what we are witnessing is not the dawn of open war, but its conclusion. The woke have won, and decisively. But all is never truly lost, and this is not a prelude to submission. My approach is one of pragmatic optimism: In order to fight this—and we must fight it—we need to understand what lies ahead of us. "

• Registered Users Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

mohawk wrote: »
    4 hours LOL is average about 12 on your first??

Contractions weren’t even the worst bit. Does the four hour labour have an episiotomy with tearing too? Maybe a prescription for painkillers because it’s too sore to sit down afterwards.

To be polite they have a very skewed vision of pregnancy and giving birth.

Don't forget the first post birth poo lol. I wonder is there a way to emulate that? Not that this person would want to. Not sure that fits into their idea of the realities of childbirth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭TheBlackPill

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Don't forget the first post birth poo lol. I wonder is there a way to emulate that? Not that this person would want to. Not sure that fits into their idea of the realities of childbirth.

With women and real babies the baby usually comes between a stream of sh1t and p*ss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭TheBlackPill

correct, its something in their warped mind to deflect for scientific proof like biology.
    or a persons sexual preference.

If you disagree with them they will label you, its how they works with them
    Its a new theology but following some very old tropes, namely the persecution complex. The more they feel persecuted the more the true believers believe they are special and the elect. Conclusive proof contradicting their tenets of faith are not feared but actively welcomed by the faithful, as in their reactions, they get to demonstrate their faith and commitment to other members of the elect. In short they are holier than thou

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Wokeness works on the concept of a hierarchy of rights, rather than universality. Trans people trump women on the scale, thus their right to validation and accomodation trump's a woman's right to sexual boundaries.

Absolutely.

"Sorry ladies, I get more woke points for going against you on this one so you're out of luck."

Pretty much sums it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

not sure how many "real " men are on the thread...yes "real" man...biologically.

I prefer real women, and pretty sure all straight women like real men....as that is their sexual preference.
    If some bloke who now identifies as a woman thinks they should be accepted as a "real " woman, they are in for a rude awakening.

Never say never as they say!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭political analyst

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    This may be of interest to a few on here, it's an exchange of letters (usually spread over a week or so) between Sarah Haider and Ayaan Hirsi Ali.
    https://letter.wiki/conversation/930
    Is the Culture War Lost?
    One paragraph in Haider's first letter is jolting but I believe, unfortunately true (maybe not fully yet in Western Europe):
    "I believe that what we are witnessing is not the dawn of open war, but its conclusion. The woke have won, and decisively. But all is never truly lost, and this is not a prelude to submission. My approach is one of pragmatic optimism: In order to fight this—and we must fight it—we need to understand what lies ahead of us. "

That's a bit melodramatic.

For example, crimes committed against women and against children will always cause a public outcry, regardless of whether the perpetrator is a cleric or a layperson, a priest or an imam. or an average white person or a person of an Asian background in Britain.

Freedom of speech still exists in the US - it's enshrined in the US Constitution. Therefore, no side has won a 'culture war' there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭political analyst

Sarah Jeong wrote this article, disagreeing with those who oppose 'successor ideology', or 'wokeism'.

https://www.theverge.com/21320338/letter-harpers-writers-free-speech-canceled-social-media-illiberalism
    When societies remake themselves, it doesn’t happen because of a handful of pamphlets (or a hashtag or two). Just like the opinionating class first used social media for its own ends, Johannes Gutenberg’s printing press existed for centuries — printing religious pamphlets, sermons, and Bibles — before it began to undermine religion’s monopoly on public life. And the printing press is only one piece of a picture that includes a scientific revolution, religious strife, industrialization, and economic exploitation. Similarly, our current cultural moment is happening against a background that can be best described by that cartoon dog sipping coffee amid a house in flames.

Still, the production of the French libelles — vitriolic political pamphlets that frequently sought to cancel various public figures, especially royal family members — would not have been possible without movable type, and the libelles themselves played an undeniable role in the French Revolution. Likewise, the protests of 2020 and the sudden shift in public opinion around policing and race would not have happened without social media and the mass adoption of smartphones.

To be clear, the opinionators are not in danger of an actual guillotining — except maybe metaphorically, which is not at all the same. They will continue to publish. Some of them will continue to make very good money! But they’ll be less important — not least because they’ll no longer be setting the Overton window.
    To the extent that The Letter has a point at all, it appears to be about opposing “illiberalism.” Here, the “liberalism” referred to is the general philosophy that society ought to be based on free and equal discussion from a plurality of viewpoints. “Illiberalism,” therefore, is a fancy stand-in for what opinionators have alternately called “campus culture,” “cancel culture,” and “wokeness.”

This very vague illiberal force is called “a successor ideology” by Wesley Yang, with his coinage being immediately taken up by a number of conservative commentators like Ross Douthat (whose name does not appear on The Letter) and Andrew Sullivan (whose name does). But this term seems to only muddy the waters since the thing that they are concerned about isn’t actually a concrete ideology but an inchoate social force with the hallmarks of religious revival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

The one danger (imho) with rejecting the term "feminism" outright though is that it could have the effect of somewhat erasing the work of the original feminists (up to about the early 80s). I know of course you don't mean that G but things like that Milo character saying "feminism is cancer" makes me bristle - such an undercurrent of misogyny to it.

Feminism has been damaged for sure but I think a lot of you sensible women and men are helping take it back. I call myself a particular type of feminist (i.e. not one of today's) in that I hold views that you don't have to be a feminist to hold but they still align with feminism. I would just be hesitant to reject the term outright - for, as I said, historical reasons. And not to allow the current crop to discredit it completely.

I know exactly what you mean. Nasty people would jump on any perceived division.
    But I find that even though I appreciate the many feminists who work hard on this issue I find their reasons often affront me eg the line "this is another way for men to dominate us" or such like.
    Plus one has to acknowledge that gender theory originated in a certain wave of feminism.
    There is an undercurrent of despising motherhood or family in modern feminism. So we see arguments like Sophie Lewis makes or lots of other aggravating propositions.
    I am just wary. I know the best part of the project - equality. We can all agree on that. And there is a lot to be done for women globally eg re FGM, child marriages, sex trafficking, lack of rights in theocracies etc. I think about that more than about feminism in the west.
    And TRA radical ideology does not require one to be a feminist to be a challenger. But I will try not admit to my views on feminism too often in future! :)

It’s a motherfucker.

Sorry, Justin Credible Darts, that was a really poor choice of swearword on my part in light of your personal bereavement.

Let’s just say it’s a fucker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

Gruffalux wrote: »
    I remembered you mentioning this today and I just saw this thread refering the story. There is an animation linked on the thread hosted on the New York Times youtube page. Nicely made animation and the transwoman speaks in a moderate calm tone. What they are saying is more to be pitied than condemned as it seems like a plaintive lament for the impossible. At that point 2 years ago the person was getting along with his wife. And then if you look at the recent screenshots they have gone all the way to acting out in a completely bizarre manner and now are abusive about the wife. The acting out is being applauded by people. I have seen and read a lot of things on this subject and only a few things shock me, like the 17 year old sweet boy video journalling his vaginoplasty journey, but this person acting out this imaginary pregnancy is right up there with maximum oddness.

https://twitter.com/godblesstoto/status/1311050509072113664?s=19

I feel sorry/worried/concerned for the children caught up in this. Are they going to say that the baby died at birth... then get his children to mourn the loss of their brother/sister?

Because that is so messed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

• Advertisement

This is fetishism, nothing more, pure **** fodder for this person.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Instead of pandering to “questioning their gender identity” when can we start “sticking two fingers up to outdated and inaccurate sex stereotypes”???

The piece notes the prevalence of sexual abuse, and family problems among clients 15 years ago. This has long been known. To think of a girl or boychild suffering trauma from rape being helped to change their bodies drastically is just terrible.

This is fetishism, nothing more, pure **** fodder for this person.

But did you see the support and praise they receive from people who are not in this state?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Well the BBC are obviously Terfs.

But did you see the support and praise they receive from people who are not in this state?

Feckless gobsheits. That person is literally pulling the flute off they self while typing that drivel and those brain dead sycophants applaud. The sooner a big meteor hits us the better.

Feckless gobsheits. That person is literally pulling the flute off they self while typing that drivel and those brain dead sycophants applaud. The sooner a big meteor hits us the better.

Ah now. I like the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

My brain cannot even comprehend wanting to simulate childbirth. It's disgusting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

My brain cannot even comprehend wanting to simulate childbirth. It's disgusting.

How does someone even do that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement