Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J. K. Rowling is cancelled because she is a T.E.R.F [ADMIN WARNING IN POST #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

For cervical screening, it would have to be “women (including those who identify as men)......so I don’t think that would be acceptable!

“Women and anyone with a cervix” should do.

Ironically, in their bid to be inclusive, they excluded those that are least likely to know they needed screening. I’m willing to bet that every trans man knows full well they have a cervix, and as they are very likely to have engaged with health services, they are likely to have been reminded that as transmen they still need to engage in female health screening.
    Marginalised women, women who’s first language is not English, immigrants from countries who don’t have a screening program, women who don’t engage directly with health services are far less likey to realise they have a cervix and need to be screened.

Exactly. It's very easy to think everyone would know if you have a cervix but not everyone does. The message should be as clear as possible and the one chosen is much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Are we seeing the tide turning back to sense??

What’s wrong with “women (including those who identify as women” ??

You mean ‘identify as men’? Because, harsh as this sounds, males who identify as women don’t need to be reached with this campaign.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

You mean ‘identify as men’? Because, harsh as this sounds, males who identify as women don’t need to be reached with this campaign.

Yeah it’s weirdly confusing - my bad!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Errashareesh

Lol @ Twitter. I certainly don't wish death on Trump but it would be nice if Twitter had demonstrated the same vigilance towards JK Rowling - and many MANY others.

https://twitter.com/TwitterComms/status/1312167835783708672?s=19

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

its like a certain forum where you have one group of people who can call people racists, transphobes, homophobes, and other derogatory names based on zero evidence.

but if you call them stupid, you are being uncivil and that is a ban or a warning, and we cannot have that.

• Advertisement

Inconsistencies all over the place. A recent Cardi B video for a "song" called Wet Ass Pussy (she is vile) where women call themselves whores and put out the message that all you are as a woman is tits, ass and pussy - in exchange for money and jewellery. Kids are fans of her like.

The clueless contingent of feminism - "she's sexually liberated and celebrating her sexy sexuality you prudes!"

But then, some man they don't like, saying he likes looking at sexy women - "omg muh objectificayshun!", "stop sexualising cis women of colour!"

They're hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

Inconsistencies all over the place. A recent Cardi B video for a "song" called Wet Ass Pussy (she is vile) where women call themselves whores and put out the message that all you are as a woman is tits, ass and pussy - in exchange for money and jewellery. Kids are fans of her like.

The clueless contingent of feminism - "she's sexually liberated and celebrating her sexy sexuality you prudes!"

But then, some man they don't like, saying he likes looking at sexy women - "omg muh objectificayshun!", "stop sexualising cis women of colour!"

They're hilarious.
    Jesus christ you're such a moan.

As long as you think so, I know I'm doing something right.

Jesus christ you're such a moan.

He’s right to highlight the glaring double standards.

He’s right to highlight the glaring double standards.

By moaning about the WAP song? What are you on about? He strikes me as a middle aged auld moan moaning that about the disco music the young people do be listening to. He’s clearly struggling to adjust to the fact that time is passing him by.

• Advertisement

By moaning about the WAP song? What are you on about? He strikes me as a middle aged auld moan moaning that about the disco music the young people do be listening to. He’s clearly struggling to adjust to the fact that time is passing him by.

You see that hundred mile expense of nothing ? That’s how far you missed the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

The principal issue with WAP is that that young wan thinks she is Lil Kim, and she really isn't.

You see that hundred mile expense of nothing ? That’s how far you missed the point.

What’s the point then? Young people shouldn’t be listening to songs about riding? I’m fairly sure my grandmother was writing letters to Ireland’s Own about that sixty years ago.

*she

That stuff about it being old people complaining about new stuff - yawn. Seriously poor argument. Objecting to the message to the kids who love her being "women are just tits, ass and hole - and let's call ourselves ho's" is nothing to do with being old.

And "feminists" celebrating it are hilarious. They absolutely cannot think for themselves.

*she

That stuff about it being old people complaining about new stuff - yawn. Seriously poor argument. Objecting to the message to the kids who love her is "women are just tits, ass and hole - and let's call ourselves ho's" is nothing to do with being old.

And "feminists" celebrating it are hilarious. They absolutely cannot think for themselves.

It’s a better argument than you shrieking “think of the children” over and over again.

You strike me as someone very set in your ways, like your idea what progressiveness was when you were young is as far as it should have gotten and anything after that is “too much.”

The world has moved on without you, you need to deal with that on your own instead of taking it out on popstars and transsexuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

It’s a better argument than you shrieking “

Let me guess you came for the aldi bargains

Obviously I didn't just say "think of the children" - I spoke about a depiction of women which is a reasonable concern for any feminist.

But you folks - when you don't have an argument and the inconsistencies of your position are highlighted... always have insults and getting personal to fall back on. It's your go-to in place of discussion.

Obviously I didn't just say "think of the children" - I spoke about a depiction of women which is a reasonable concern for any feminist.

But you folks - when you don't have an argument and the inconsistencies of your position are highlighted... always have insults and getting personal to fall back on. It's your go-to in place of discussion.

You got personal like twenty minutes ago, even though I have never interacted with you before.
    As long as you think so, I know I'm doing something right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

It’s a better argument than you shrieking “think of the children” over and over again.

You strike me as someone very set in your ways, like your idea what progressiveness was when you were young is as far as it should have gotten and anything after that is “too much.”

The world has moved on without you, you need to deal with that on your own instead of taking it out on popstars and transsexuals.

Yawn, Adrian. Back to the shriveled-up pearl-clutching spinsters who are not down with the awesome new-fangled songs about very moist fannies line of argument....

GrayImaginaryIslandwhistler.webp

Gruffalux wrote: »
    Yawn, Adrian. Back to the shriveled-up pearl-clutching spinsters who are not down with the awesome new-fangled songs about very moist fannies line of argument....

GrayImaginaryIslandwhistler.webp

Yawn yawn yawn, that’s all you (pl) have to say. Auld ones boring themselves to death because young people listen to music about fannies. “David Bowie, now there was a transvestite you could set hang your hat on!”

• Advertisement

I'm a big fan of Peaches and Princess Superstar, whose lyrics are filthy. But... they don't market themselves to kids, they market themselves to adults. And they are about empowering women, not putting out the message that being a "ho" is the thing to be, and a vapid Kardashian wannabe.

I also love Madonna's work when she was at her most sexually frank. And Prince's.

The stuff about "Rurrrrr you're just old" in relation to that video/song is so disingenuous and free-of-thinking.

I'm a big fan of Peaches and Princess Superstar, whose lyrics are filthy. But... they don't market themselves to kids, they market themselves to adults. And they are about empowering women, not putting out the message that being a "ho" is the thing to be, and a vapid Kardashian wannabe.

I also love Madonna's work when she was at her most sexually frank. And Prince's.

The stuff about "Rurrrrr you're just old" in relation to that video/song is so disingenuous and free-of-thinking.

“Think of the children! The stuff that was around when I was young is fine but not this modern rubbish. Stop misinterpreting what I am saying by inferring my exact sentiments from my posts. Rurrr muh Americanisms.”

I’m done here. Enjoy middle age.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Women who disagree fall into 2 distinct categories. If you're not just a plain old hysterical, "radicalised" woman, then you're a Mary whitehouse/maude flanders/"wont someone think of the children"/dried up old spinster type. In other words, a prude and possibly old. Gasp. What could be worse?! Off with you!

You got personal like twenty minutes ago, even though I have never interacted with you before.
    That was only in relation to your posts, which come across as being of the selective feminism ilk.

And "Jesus Christ you're such a moan" was your first post here.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Women who disagree fall into 2 distinct categories. If you're not just a plain old hysterical women, then you're a Mary whitehouse/maude flanders/"wont someone think of the children"/dried up old spinster type. In other words, a prude and possibly old. Gasp. What could be worse?!
    Bad enough from the MGTOW crowd - but then from fellow women too. Women who are oh so tolerant also.

The nu feminism is quite misogynistic at times really.

Ooh, Adrian, you failed the purity test. I believe that's not the word these days. ;)

Ooh, Adrian, you failed the purity test. I believe that's not the word these days. ;)

You’re the one obsessed with them, not me.

Gruffalux wrote: »
    ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Women who disagree fall into 2 distinct categories. If you're not just a plain old hysterical, "radicalised" woman, then you're a Mary whitehouse/maude flanders/"wont someone think of the children"/dried up old spinster type. In other words, a prude and possibly old. Gasp. What could be worse?! Off with you!

Let them off. It just highlights the weakness of their arguments. People are already tiring of it. Talking about squandering goodwill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

We are not, though. I hardly ever think about trans people - shocker!! :eek: Good luck to them. We are obsessed with defending sex-based spaces, rights and protections, with preserving the meaning of language and scientific reality against ideological contortion, and with protesting experimental medicalisation of minors. That sort of boring old stuff.

• Advertisement

You probably shouldn't be claiming anyone else is out of touch when you're using outdated language yourself. Just a thought.

And yes, I am indeed very into protecting women's rights. If that's an obsession, so be it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement