Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J. K. Rowling is cancelled because she is a T.E.R.F [ADMIN WARNING IN POST #1]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

You probably shouldn't be claiming anyone else is out of touch when you're using outdated language yourself. Just a thought.

And yes, I am indeed very into protecting women's rights. If that's an obsession, so be it.

no ..no ..no...how dare you care about your own rights as a real woman.

We must care about the rights of biological men who think they are real women.
    Seems their rights are more important these days....go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Jesus christ you're such a moan.

That's kinda funny coming from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

Don’t worry. She/he/they are just trying to inflate their post count so they can be a dick in feedback again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Young people shouldn’t be listening to songs about riding?

I hate to break it to you but 30 years ago Christina Amphlett went to number 1 explicitly singing about touching herself. 44 years ago the Starlight Vocal Band topped the charts with their timeless ode to fućking in the afternoon. 53 years ago Donovan had your granny and her peers singing along quite rightly to his ode to saffron coloured vibrators.

This generation didn't invent singing about sex, though it's kind of cute that you think you did. The Sex Pistol 1979 song Good Ship Venus is their 'cover' of a song that dates back to the Georgian era.

"'Twas on the good ship Venus,
    By Christ you should have seen us,
    The figurehead
    Was a whore in bed,
    And the mast a rampant penis

The captain's daughter Charlotte
    Was born and bred a harlot
    Her thighs at night
    Were lily white
    By morning they were scarlet."

Not exactly Greensleeves, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,559 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Your honor, I'm a freak bitch, handcuffs, leashes
    Switch my wig, make him feel like he cheating
    Put him on his knees, give him something to believe in
    Never lost a fight, but I'm looking for a beating
    In the food chain, I'm the one that eat ya
    If he ate my ass, he's a bottom feeder
    Big D stand for big demeanor
    I could make you bust before I ever meet ya
    If it don't hang, then he can't bang
    You can't hurt my feelings, but I like pain
    If he **** me and ask, "Whose is it?"
    When I ride the dick, I'ma spell my name
    Ah
    Yeah, yeah, yeah
    Yeah, you ****ing with some wet ass pussy
    Bring a bucket and a mop for this wet ass pussy
    Give me everything you got for this wet ass pussy
    Now from the top, make it drop
    That's some wet ass pussy
    Now get a bucket and a mop
    I'm talking WAP, WAP, WAP
    Macaroni in a pot
    That's some wet ass pussy, uh

(There's some whores in this house)
    (There's some whores in this house)

• Advertisement

What annoys me more than anything else about that song, is that in the 'clean' version they swapped "wet ass pussy" for "wet and gushy", but that line doesn't feature in the dirty version of the song at all... like they could have included it there in the last verse at least once, just to switch it up a bit, would have really added something to the rhythm and the rhyme, I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

iguana wrote: »
    I hate to break it to you but 30 years ago Christina Amphlett went to number 1 explicitly singing about touching herself. 44 years ago the Starlight Vocal Band topped the charts with their timeless ode to fućking in the afternoon. 53 years ago Donovan had your granny and her peers singing along quite rightly to his ode to saffron coloured vibrators.

This generation didn't invent singing about sex, though it's kind of cute that you think you did. The Sex Pistol 1979 song Good Ship Venus is their 'cover' of a song that dates back to the Georgian era.

"'Twas on the good ship Venus,
    By Christ you should have seen us,
    The figurehead
    Was a whore in bed,
    And the mast a rampant penis

The captain's daughter Charlotte
    Was born and bred a harlot
    Her thighs at night
    Were lily white
    By morning they were scarlet."

Not exactly Greensleeves, eh?
    My next sentence was "I’m fairly sure my grandmother was writing letters to Ireland’s Own about that sixty years ago." I'm well aware that there have been songs about riding for centuries, I'm not the auld one biddying it up over WAP's "vile" lyrics.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

My next sentence was "I’m fairly sure my grandmother was writing letters to Ireland’s Own about that sixty years ago." I'm well aware that there have been songs about riding for centuries, I'm not the auld one biddying it up over WAP's "vile" lyrics.

I don’t normally try to explain points to the wilfully dumb but..

Madonna and Prince were unashamedly filthy. No f***s given and tbh they were more the admired for it. I remember the night Justify My Love was aired - wasn’t even the most out there thing Madge has done.

Fast forward 30 years and the artist (using that term loosely) and the art have a different relationship.

There’s Nicki Minaj for example writhing around in next to nothing, basically a hip hop Madonna with crap songs and fair dos to her.

But then anyone has the audacity to like he, say she’s hot and perhaps suggest that they would indeed like to do several things asked by her lyrics and the wokerati are deeply offended that a woman of colour is being “sexualised” - tho how much of a leap is it to sexualise NM in a bikini that is basically pink dental floss???

I can't believe you've just said that

I can't believe you've just said that

Which bit and why ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

I see carerhomeless is back. Didn't take long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Errashareesh

iguana wrote: »
    30 years ago Christina Amphlett went to number 1 explicitly singing about touching herself
    LOVE that song.

AdrianBalboa is not that other charmer in fairness.

But if I was outraged simply by the sexual content, then I'd be appalled at the likes of Peaches. And 212 by Azealia Banks, which is really filthy and I love it.

It's the depiction of women in WAP and the hypocrisy from those who say it's just an expression of sexuality, and the way young kids worship her - that's my issue, and it's dishonest, and indicative of having no argument, to claim that this is just mere Mary Whitehouse carry-on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Thanks, Dr. Boylan!
    A consultant obstetrician says the Health Service Executive (HSE) should reverse a 'confusing' decision to replace the word 'woman' with 'anyone with a cervix' on its national cervical screening advice.

The wording is seen as being inclusive for members of the transgender community.

However Dr Peter Boylan, who is also former chair of the Institute of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, told Newstalk Breakfast the new wording is not clear for the general population.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Thanks, Dr. Boylan!
    Oh, he'll be piled on by the wokus dei for sure.
    Sanity usually is.
    And that's a thanks from me to the good physician!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Trust the experts!

;)

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Oh, he'll be piled on by the wokus dei for sure.
    Sanity usually is.
    And that's a thanks from me to the good physician!

And they'll look like absolute spanners if they do pile on. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

"Asked if some members of the trans community may feel excluded, he said: "I think that some certainly will, but it's virtually impossible to keep everybody happy.

"But the important thing, as I say, to try and maximise the screening for the prevention of cancer - and in that context the use of the word 'woman' is the most appropriate".

This waft of rationality and common sense is like a lovely cool breeze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Gruffalux wrote: »

What a man, seriously - the voice of absolute reason. Much good wishes to him.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Gruffalux wrote: »
    To see it laid out like this, he's right, its a decision that only a mature adult, making the decision about their own body can make.
    During my own transition, I had seven surgeries. I also had a massive pulmonary embolism, a helicopter life-flight ride, an emergency ambulance ride, a stress-induced heart attack, sepsis, a 17-month recurring infection due to using the wrong skin during a (failed) phalloplasty, 16 rounds of antibiotics, three weeks of daily IV antibiotics, the loss of all my hair, (only partially successful) arm reconstructive surgery, permanent lung and heart damage, a cut bladder, insomnia-induced hallucinations—oh and frequent loss of consciousness due to pain from the hair on the inside of my urethra. All this led to a form of PTSD that made me a prisoner in my apartment for a year. Between me and my insurance company, medical expenses exceeded $900,000.
    During these 17 months of agony, I couldn’t get a urologist to help me. They didn’t feel comfortable taking me on as a patient—since the phalloplasty, like much of the transition process, is experimental.
    This is basically my stance on it too.
    There are people who need to medically transition to walk peacefully through their lives, and you, kiddo, might be that person. But, right now, you are a child, and your body is developing everything you need to be a healthy, happy, strong adult. When you grow up, you get to decide about your life.” For parents, I would say this: It is simply not your right or duty to decide to medically transition your child. Remove that burden from your mind. Medical transition is for adults. The negatives associated with medical transition are vast, and you won’t be the one who lives with the consequences. It will be your child.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Why is anyone reading that right wing garbage website?

_Godot_ wrote: »

Ah welcome to the “I have no counter argument so I’ll insult you and/or the source material”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/nhs-tavistock-clinic-in-court-battle-over-gender-transition-zhm27whch

Tavistock clinic being taken to court by a young woman who had previously transitioned and the mother of a girl seeking treatment. They are looking to have treatment of children stopped unless it's court ordered

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/nhs-tavistock-clinic-in-court-battle-over-gender-transition-zhm27whch

Tavistock clinic being taken to court by a young woman who had previously transitioned and the mother of a girl seeking treatment. They are looking to have treatment of children stopped unless it's court ordered

There will be so many if these but you can’t our ovaries and a womb back in - and no one knows the damage that puberty blockers can cause. Bone density reduction is thought to be just one.

I don’t know about you, _Godot_, but I like to cast my net wide for reading material. It exercises the mind. And *whispers* sometimes I might even agree with a conservative viewpoint.

I’ve seen left-wing writers on Quillette too.

And the number of left-wing writers speaking out about this is growing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Go on, who are the right wing writers at Quillette? From my experience, most of writers there are old school liberals, the types that were the majority before the lunatics took over. At least you're only calling them right wing, I've seen them being called far right on here before.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Because you should read a wide range of sources and opinions on things? Hear different ideas and judge for yourself.

Did you read it yourself or not interested in what the person's opinion is as it differs to yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

TomTomTim wrote: »
    Go on, who are the right wing writers at Quillette? From my experience, most of writers there are old school liberals, the types that were the majority before the lunatics took over. At least you're only calling them right wing, I've seen them being called far right on here before.

Anything i don't like is right wing. In the same way everything is communism from the other side.

Probably doesn't even know what right wing means other then "bad"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Meh, I wouldn’t say Quilette was right wing, but certainly it’s a garbage website trying to pass itself off with a veneer of intellectual rigour which hosts the opinions of people who imagine themselves to be intellectuals.

I wouldn’t pay any more heed to one person’s opinions than I would anyone else’s opinions, particularly when it’s obvious they’re the equivalent of Paddy Manning during the marriage equality campaign - there are oddballs in all camps who play identity politics. Their identity doesn’t lend their opinions regarding social issues any weight whatsoever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement