Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recycling of dishwashing machine

Options
  • 19-12-2019 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

a washing machine is in the kitchen of our recently purchased house. we don't need it. it looks like it's broken anyway, though it makes some sounds when buttons are pushed. whatever.

the thing is, i don't really have any means to transport it. i only have a micra. is there a service that collects such items from my address for recycling?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,575 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Offer it free to take away on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

You'd be surprised what fits into small cars like a Micra when the back seats are folded down, I'd imagine a dishwasher shouldn't be an issue, just put a pillow over it where the boot comes down in case it moves.
    Any civic amenity site will take it, usually a €3 entry fee but probably free for just that.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

_Brian wrote: »
    Offer it free to take away on Facebook.

That will potentiality attract predators

Some of the dumping around Spring Lane, Ballyvolane, Cork.
    Picture: Cillian Kelly

mainMediaSize=MEDIUM_type=image_x0=0_y0=0_x1=100_y1=100__image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,090 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Free recycling at any amenity under WEE regulations.
    As red says it may fit in the car. Give it a try.
    If you are buying a new one the delivery van will take it away.

Advertisement