Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Needed - Minecraft for Nintendo Switch

Options
  • 19-12-2019 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

In turmoil here. This game is on my little guys Santa list. I procrastinated and when I went looking for it last Saturday it was sold out absolutely everywhere.

Eventually found it online with Harvey Norman but a panic realisation just hit me tonight that I never got a notification of dispatch.

The game is now not showing on the website and the small print in my original email says that it did not guarantee my purchase and it was subject to availability etc.

Does anybody have or know of an unwanted copy that I can get my hands on please?

I'm at my wits end here.

Comments

Don't have a switch so not familiar with their setup but surely it can be bought on their store via the console digitally so as a last resort you could buy a voucher for that to cover the cost of Minecraft and put it in a nice card?

Or if it's your child and you have access to the console just buy it digitally Xmas Eve when he's in bed and let it download and maybe get creative with a card and add something like Santy has installed Minecraft on your switch for you go look !!!!!!

It's not a big download from what I recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mas88

Don't have a switch so not familiar with their setup but surely it can be bought on their store via the console digitally so as a last resort you could buy a voucher for that to cover the cost of Minecraft and put it in a nice card?

Or if it's your child and you have access to the console just buy it digitally Xmas Eve when he's in bed and let it download and maybe get creative with a card and add something like Santy has installed Minecraft on your switch for you go look !!!!!!

It's not a big download from what I recall.

Thanks for the reply. If it comes to it I will go with a makeshift "voucher" idea.

I'm pretty gaming illiterate but did consider the digital download during my search tonight but it appears it hasn't been available in that format since 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Out of stock in Argos, Smyths, and Gamestop according to their websites. You might get lucky with your local Currys (none in stock near Dublin for me), and Tesco are worth a look if they have a software section.

One copy each in CeX Douglas and Galway for €45 :eek:

And as Enfilade suggested, €30 on the eShop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

You can buy it digitally. Set up a Nintendo switch account and Log in to the website. When you buy it there it will be available to download on the console when you log into it with the same account.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/Minecraft-1386505.html

Also open the console, charge it and update it so it is ready on the day.

Advertisement