Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have I successfully killed my GE Simon 3 Alarm

Options
  • 20-12-2019 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭

I had phonewatch a few years ago and cancelled it. Kept box, so alarm would sound, but no monitoring. A few weeks ago it did the inevitable and beeped every few hours to indicate the battery was dead or dying. I used codes to stop that, but I got my phonebill today and it looks like it was ringin the old Phonewatch number a few times a day (012913714), so I have a hefty bill now.

So I got a bit thick and went down and opened it up again, I've torn our the backup battery, pulled out the phoneline and pulled the "siren" out too. I'm wary of touching the mains tbh.

Please tell me this has killed it and no more automated calls to the Phonewatch number?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

I had phonewatch a few years ago and cancelled it. Kept box, so alarm would sound, but no monitoring. A few weeks ago it did the inevitable and beeped every few hours to indicate the battery was dead or dying. I used codes to stop that, but I got my phonebill today and it looks like it was ringin the old Phonewatch number a few times a day (012913714), so I have a hefty bill now.

So I got a bit thick and went down and opened it up again, I've torn our the backup battery, pulled out the phoneline and pulled the "siren" out too. I'm wary of touching the mains tbh.

Please tell me this has killed it and no more automated calls to the Phonewatch number?

If you opened the box and removed the phone line that would of stopped it ringing out. You would of got a beeping every couple of hours due to a line drop but you could of turned it off using your user code and deleting option 1.

What I would do in your situation is request the engineer code off P.W.
    Delete the numbers the system dials out on.
    Connect back up the siren.
    That should give you a standalone alarm system.
    Spur fuse can be taken out to stop mains going to control panel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

altor wrote: »
    If you opened the box and removed the phone line that would of stopped it ringing out. You would of got a beeping every couple of hours due to a line drop but you could of turned it off using your user code and deleting option 1.

What I would do in your situation is request the engineer code off P.W.
    Delete the numbers the system dials out on.
    Connect back up the siren.
    That should give you a standalone alarm system.
    Spur fuse can be taken out to stop mains going to control panel.

Thanks for reply. Yes, I deleted option 1 when the beeps started I think... I guess that's what that was.

I'll do the second one and get the engineer code. The codes wouldn't happen to be in the installation manual would they?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thanks for reply. Yes, I deleted option 1 when the beeps started I think... I guess that's what that was.

I'll do the second one and get the engineer code. The codes wouldn't happen to be in the installation manual would they?

The default is 54321 when you drop the front lid.
    Usually changed by the installer but no harm in trying.

Advertisement