Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New job, getting paid.

Options
  • 20-12-2019 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

I started a new job after staying at home for many years as my kids were small.
    My first day to work was 2/12, I did 2 days that week and 1 day the following week 12/12.
    They pay fortnightly, and 6/12 was a pay day so the next pay day is today 20/12
    I was under the impression I would be paid for my 2 previous days out of the past 2 weeks today, (I have already worked this week but off today)
    But I havnt got any wages. I have given them my PPS num and bank details, and I am showing up on my revenue account as being employed by them.
    Am I wrong in that I should be paid today? Or is it 3/1 I get paid?
    I feel awkward phoning to ask as I’m only new

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

you need to speak to them to clarify their payroll cut off dates and procedures

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

I feel awkward phoning to ask as I’m only new

Well if you don't you'll have to wait and let them surprise you. No one here knows the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

It's perfectly acceptable as a new employee to ask such questions as there would be no expectation for you to know the ins and outs of when you should be paid for what period. What you are asking is a very routine query that payroll would get all the time from new and long established employees. It is not awkward at all. Expectinig strangers on the internet who have no connection to your companies payroll process to be able to tell you is just pointless however.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,466 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It’s a simple run of the mill query...all be it one which should be handled via email to secure a paper trail. Forget phone calls, words get blown away on the breeze. EMAIL always.

Hi xxxx,

I was hired 02/12 as an xxxx in xxxx department. My employee number is xxxx (if applicable). I would like to enquire as to what the situation is regarding when I can expect to be paid.

I have furnished my bank details 03/12 via email to Mr. Whoever but I’m still awaiting payment and indeed confirmation as to when I will start getting paid.

As above I have now been working for 18 days, without payment and without any contact or confirmation as to when I should expect to receive my first payment.

As you can appreciate it is a very demanding time of the year and I would like to know when my money will be payed to me...

Please, bearing in mind the time of the year especially, treat this query with the upmost urgency...

Thanks in advance...

Advertisement