Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow 200 - 2020

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Poor form not offering refunds. I know they have costs, and this is unprecedented but a transfer for 2 dates that may not suit is not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Corker1

Really IVCA?? Poor form is a polite way of putting it in my opinion. You wouldn't happen to be using the same PR company as Aer Lingus by any chance would you? And there is such a thing as consumer rights legislation lets not forget. Bloody chancers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Weepsie wrote: »
    Poor form not offering refunds.

Maybe the Vets have cash-flow problems :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Corker1

Weepsie wrote: »
    Poor form not offering refunds. I know they have costs, and this is unprecedented but a transfer for 2 dates that may not suit is not good enough.
    Maybe the Vets have cash-flow problems :rolleyes:

:D:D Good one, I like it! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 acolmanj

Now it’s postponed and I cant make it on the new date they won’t refund my money, just offer a ticket for 2021.

Anyone know where I stand legally on demanding my money back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I was on Sticky Bottle just now. An ad for the Wicklow 200 popped up, with registration still open. It appears to be still accepting applications for June.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

One thing they are not short of is cash. In fact they have taken full fees from all members this season. They are sticking to the line of "deferring" the RR season, but I personally think we'll be lucky to see any racing. Possibly some TT stuff if restrictions are scaled back. Their expenditure this year will be minimal if they don't put any racing on and the WW200 is cancelled

I think anyone should be "entitled" to a refund if it is postponed. However there does not seem to be any suggestion on the website that it is, and they've not told me (as one of the marshalls they are relying on) of any new date

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I had registered for the Skoda Tour of Connemara. It's been postponed. I was offered a choice of refund or transfer of entry to new date. I think that was an honourable way of handling the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭lissard

I'm explicitly asking for a refund - let's see what happens. I doubt they have a leg to stand on when you can't make the second date. I didn't agree to make an 18 month loan to the IVCA.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Beasty wrote: »
    they've not told me (as one of the marshalls they are relying on) of any new date

They must have heard you!!

***PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL***

*Event update*

Unfortunately, the Event Organisers for the W200, Elite Events, have advised that due to the impact of Covid-19, the Wicklow 200 2020 is being postponed until Sunday 9th August. We are very disappointed to have to do this, but as you can imagine, current circumstances mean we have no choice. Please bear with us during this unprecedented and challenging time and rest assured we are working to deliver a great event later this year. In the meantime, please take care of yourselves and follow Government guidance.

The Event Organisers will be in touch with the membership in due course with regard the marshalling of the W200 on this revised date.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

It will be interesting to see how we cope with social "distancing" at my usual haunt at Rathdrum - 500 arrived in 40 mins or so last year, all looking for their sandwich and drink and a sit down...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭JMcL

acolmanj wrote: »
    Now it’s postponed and I cant make it on the new date they won’t refund my money, just offer a ticket for 2021.

Anyone know where I stand legally on demanding my money back?

Seems to be happening with all the big closed road sportifs in the UK as well - PFO with zero refund.

I think they'd all claim force majeure, a.k.a. "act of god" in that they couldn't have foreseen these circumstances, so if there's any refund forthcoming for something, it'd be out of goodwill. You might find something more more concrete and with a better fitting lawyer hat at https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/covid-19/

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

If you paid by credit card you may get joy from your bank if IVCA can't provide the the service/product they charged you for.

IVCA seem to have their head in the clouds at the moment both about the WW200 and racing this season, in order to avoid any refunds. Wonder what the story with insurance is if the event/races don't happen in terms of fee reductions from the insurers?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 acolmanj

Hey,

I had to press them hard, but just today got the full refund for the WW200.

acolmanj wrote: »
    Hey,

I had to press them hard, but just today got the full refund for the WW200.

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

I see today on Facebook that the Ring of Kerry is another victim of the virus. They are giving the choice of transferring the entry fee to next year, donating it to a charity or a full refund.

https://www.facebook.com/142078765968394/posts/1542979169211673?sfns=mo

Based on Roadmap there's no way they can run this on 8 August. Best to just write it off for the year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭McGrath5

How did people manage to get refunds? I've been chasing them for a few weeks now to refund me, but they are point blank refusing.

I told them that if the IVCA wanted hold on to my money for the best part of 18 months they better start paying me interest. Got a refund after that.

lissard wrote: »
    I told them that if the IVCA wanted hold on to my money for the best part of 18 months they better start paying me interest. Got a refund after that.
    With the prospect of depression and deflation might not be a bad investment even at nil interest rate :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Beasty wrote: »
    With the prospect of depression and deflation might not be a bad investment even at nil interest rate :pac:

im predicting inflation myself not deflation, those boys at IVCA sure run a tight ship :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Still proceeding on the 9th of August or officially cancelled for this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

lissard wrote: »

How much interest do you think there’d be?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭nilhg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

I was offered a full refund minus booking fee when I mailed after the cancellation.

In early July.

Do they have a high interest account that isn't available to the public? That's an additional 6 weeks away.

Advertisement