Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech Alarm issue

Options
  • 20-12-2019 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

Looking for advice for a neighbour of mine. She cant set her alarm as it keeps saying random open zones.

I took a photo of the display and "fuse" appears on it.

She doesnt like the idea of not setting it this time of year but hasn't got the money to have anyone repair it this side of xmas.

Any idea what it could be? Not much info to go on I know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

When was the last time the battery was replaced? Keypad is manky :(

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭teflon

degsie wrote: »
    When was the last time the battery was replaced? Keypad is manky :(

Not my house lads. Haven't a clue when it was last replaced. Not since it was installed I'd say though!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Jaysus you’d nearly guess the code from the dirt!

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭JMR

Not 100% sure from the picture you provided but it looks like the middle LED of the 3 LEDs on the right of the panel is on?
    This would indicate an electrical supply problem which is either a battery fault or a blown fuse and given the text is 'Fuse', I would go with that first.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

teflon wrote: »
    Not my house lads. Haven't a clue when it was last replaced. Not since it was installed I'd say though!

I'd say battery replacement is the first thing to do. While in there check the various fuses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭teflon

Where does she buy a new battery in Dublin 15?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Call in to CWE in Coolmine, they should have one. Also check the glass fuses in the panel, they are all labeled plus there's a diagram on the panel lid.
    Something caused the fuse to blow, whether it's a duff battery, PIR etc so you'll need to figure that one out

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

OP. You are such a kind neighbour. Kudos.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There is going to be a fuse gone as well at least.
    have you a multi meter to check all the fuses?

Advertisement