Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell 7400

Options
  • 20-12-2019 8:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just got a dell latitude 7400 laptop today.
    I’m new to to all this usb C stuff but this has a usb c port.

The power supply that came with the dell has a usb c type port on it.

Attached is a pic of the side of the laptop. And shows Usb c port and the the power port at side of laptop.

Am I supposed to power this laptop via the usb c port. Or should I get another power supply that goes to the actual power port?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Hi

Just got a dell latitude 7400 laptop today.
    I’m new to to all this usb C stuff but this has a usb c port.

The power supply that came with the dell has a usb c type port on it.

Attached is a pic of the side of the laptop. And shows Usb c port and the the power port at side of laptop.

Am I supposed to power this laptop via the usb c port. Or should I get another power supply that goes to the actual power port?

Yes USB C will power it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Yes USB C will power it

Thanks. This dell 7400 only has 1 x usb C port.
    So if I use the usb C port for power it means I can’t use the usb C port for anything else (like the usb c to rj45 dongle, usb C to monitor dongle)

Bit annoying when you use this usb C port for power it’s taking the port out of the equation for everything else. Seeing as the laptop has minimum ports to begin with etc.

Yes USB C will power it

Is there any advantage in one over the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Is there any advantage in one over the other?

With a proper charger, USB C will charge the battery a lot quicker than the DC adapter.

FanadMan wrote: »
    With a proper charger, USB C will charge the battery a lot quicker than the DC adapter.

Hi. Are you saying that USB C is the ‘proper charger’?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,444 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Advertisement