Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a good value TV in the city tomorrow? Last minute Xmas present emergency

Options
  • 20-12-2019 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Any shops doing good deals on TVs about now? Something around 40 inches. I need to basically grab the TV and drive up-country tomorrow.

I know this should probably be in bargain alerts requests but sure I'll chance my arm here. I need a walk in shop and local.

Also recommendations on brands/models are welcome. I've never bought a TV before so can't decide what a good deal is without a few days of research and reading reviews, which I don't have.

I am tech savvy but I'm a TV no0b. TV always comes with houses I've rented. I know as much about them as ovens or fridges.

Thanks folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Any shops doing good deals on TVs about now? Something around 40 inches. I need to basically grab the TV and drive up-country tomorrow.

I know this should probably be in bargain alerts requests but sure I'll chance my arm here. I need a walk in shop and local.

Also recommendations on brands/models are welcome. I've never bought a TV before so can't decide what a good deal is without a few days of research and reading reviews, which I don't have.

I am tech savvy but I'm a TV no0b. TV always comes with houses I've rented. I know as much about them as ovens or fridges.

Thanks folks

Since the place on Grand Parade closed you are probably limited

I've never been in it but there's Phil O'sullivan on Southgate Bridge just up from the Flying Enterprise. He's part of the Euronics chain so could be worth a look

Failing that it may be cheaper to get a bus or taxi to one of the retail parks as they often have bigger discounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Better off heading to the retail parks anything in the centre will be robbing of your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

Thanks folks

Got ours in Dwyer's a few years back. Have a look, it's pure Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Not in Cork, but I see Harvey Norman are advertising Christmas deals.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Not in Cork, but I see Harvey Norman are advertising Christmas deals.

Harvey Norman are in Cork at the kinsale roundabout but not City centre

• Advertisement

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    Better off heading to the retail parks anything in the centre will be robbing of your money.

Phil O Sullivan is bound by Euronics pricing so def worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Curry's in Mahon. Do your research online tonight and pick it up tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Thanks folks
    Expert kinsale Rd/soundstore Wilton,both price match,expert are a betterbet( bought from both recently)

Tesco.

Advertisement