Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Jet wash with snow foam in Dublin 15

Options
  • 21-12-2019 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭

Any self service jet washes in the Dublin 15 area which do a snow foam? I just used one on a trip abroad and it left the dirty vehicle shiny clean without need to use a brush. Just snow, hot rinse and wax.

If there's none, are there any self service car washes you recommend around? On occasion I use one at applegreen but it's poor: shampoo (hot) water only lukewarm if not cold, dirty brush etc.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

voluntary wrote: »
    Any self service jet washes in the Dublin 15 area which do a snow foam? I just used one on a trip abroad and it left the dirty vehicle shiny clean without need to use a brush. Just snow, hot rinse and wax.

If there's none, are there any self service car washes you recommend around? On occasion I use one at applegreen but it's poor: shampoo (hot) water only lukewarm if not cold, dirty brush etc.

Platinum detailing in between Coolock and sentry do drop in washes with a snow foam spray. They did the last time I needed a quick wash and I never use car washes. They are based in and around the all weather pitch there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 r.rohit.026

Apologies for picking up a very old thread.

Does anyone know a petrol station with Jet wash and Snow foam in South Dublin? Only got my car in June. I read about a car wash in Nutgrove doing a good handwash for 10 and it sounds like a good deal but I am not sure I am ready to hand it over to someone else yet.

So if there is a jet wash and snow foam (not a brush one) I would like to try and do this myself and get better. Looking for any recommendations and any other alternative options (cant do it myself because I live in an a rented apartment with limited parking space and might cause issues to others)

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭wandererz

I have the same problem. There isn't any place in D15 as far as I can tell.

I got my car ceramic coated.

Once a week or so I use the jet wash at Applegreen in Clonsilla, using just the high pressure foam and rinse. Nothing else. €6 for 9 mins.

Dry it off, apply detailing coat if I have to or want to. Done in ~30mins.

Every so often I take it to Platinum Valet for an interim wash.

More recently though to Car Detail Longmile Road as I find it easier to get there and they use and sell the Gyeon range.

Advertisement