Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to change dynamic ip address F200 router

• 21-12-2019 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hello guys, I'm pretty new at these things, there is way to change IP address? I use eircom broadband, and my ip is dynamic. Tried to turn off router and leave it off overnight, but ip didn't change. My IP got leaked, so I want to change it. Anyone could help me?

Comments

Spark1zz wrote: »
    Hello guys, I'm pretty new at these things, there is way to change IP address? I use eircom broadband, and my ip is dynamic. Tried to turn off router and leave it off overnight, but ip didn't change. My IP got leaked, so I want to change it. Anyone could help me?

What do you mean your IP got leaked?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Spark1zz

What do you mean your IP got leaked?
    A lot of people have my ip address

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Your internal ip address ?

Public IP (ipv4 I guess)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I don't know of anyway to change it, the lease times seem to be very long.
    Is it having some negative effect on you like someone performing denial of service attacks ?
    If so you could ask Eir for a new IP but unfortunately that could be difficult because of the low level of customer service Eir provide.

If it's just a privacy thing you could use a proxy or VPN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭degsie

Everybody knows every ip address, hence the 'public' part. Lease times can be very long. Tell eir your router no longer works and ask for a new one, this will change your ip.

Every website you connect to has it. Its how the web server sends the data to you.

The router you have stops anyone connecting to your PC directly so theres nothing to worry about.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Public IP (ipv4 I guess)

What harm ? That shouldn't cause any issues, I'm not sure what mine even is without using whatsmyIP or one of those sites, I don't need to know it, and it doesn't bother me if others know it as there's nowt they can do with it really.

So there is no way to change ip? I got ddos already, I would contact eir customer service, but their service low quality, so I'm trying to deal with it by my own

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

The software will be setup on their end to give you an IP with a long lease time. I've no idea how long, could be weeks or even months.
    I can't think of a way you could force it to send you a new IP lease so yes it would be up to Eir to change this.
    If someone is performing DOS attacks on you then you do need to report that to Eir.
    If Eir won't do anything and your not in contract it's time to switch to a more competent provider.

• Advertisement
Advertisement