Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Staff directing traffic - shopping centres

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Username you choose

Why did you have to brake hard in a shopping centre carpark if you were paying attention ?

I was waved out (exiting) carpark by as traffic hi vis person, he didn't see a car coming from behind him but I did hence me braking hard. What part of that is difficult to comprehend? And say I did crash into that car or give versa, could I then blame the hi vis person? (as they waved me out)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

GM228 wrote: »
    They don't, they used to but the appropriate legislation was revoked 22 years ago.

I realise the rules of the road are not legislation but they do say
    Animal traffic

Always slow down and be prepared to stop when approaching or overtaking animals. If a person in charge of animals gives a signal to slow down or stop, you must obey it. Avoid using your horn if animals are in front of you, as it might frighten them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

I realise the rules of the road are not legislation but they do say

Nail on head in bold.

If used to be the case years ago, RSA copy and paste no doubt.

A driver must where appropriate stop when meeting or overtaking animals, but, the law affords no lawful authority for the person controlling the animals to stop traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Heckler wrote: »
    Legal or not they are there to help at a very busy time of the year for shops.

Just don't blindly follow their instruction. Be as mindful as you would usually be.

Good sensible advice. Proceed with caution..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

The Garda used to do the direction in Blanch. Which obviously isn't ideal use of their resources. So it's not impossible they arranged a civilian replacement..

Regardless who does it, It doesn't help that much. I'm not convinced it doesn't make it worse. But perhaps the road layout is so bad, there's no fixing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭fishy_fishy

beauf wrote: »
    The Garda used to do the direction in Blanch. Which obviously isn't ideal use of their resources. So it's not impossible they arranged a civilian replacement..

Regardless who does it, It doesn't help that much. I'm not convinced it doesn't make it worse. But perhaps the road layout is so bad, there's no fixing it.

I'm absolutely convinced that all this traffic direction makes matters a lot worse. It's like traffic lights on roundabouts - take it away and things start flowing again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

I presume fire brigade staff would as a matter of fact be approved to direct traffic.

Recently saw an incident where traffic was insane and a number of fire brigade tenders were unable to move (despite full sirens).

A number of fire brigade persons got out of the water tender to direct traffic.

Advertisement