Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walked up Pheasant Shooting

Options
  • 21-12-2019 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi guys, I am looking to do some walked up Pheasant shooting with my young pointer, is there anywhere in Ireland I can do it and pay per bird as they are very scarce in my area

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

fabwing wrote: »
    Hi guys, I am looking to do some walked up Pheasant shooting with my young pointer, is there anywhere in Ireland I can do it and pay per bird as they are very scarce in my area

Walked up pheasant shooting probably isn’t the best thing to do with a young pointer. Especially if most walked up shooting is on shooting estates at the end of the season, the amount of birds on the ground would be too much for a young dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fabwing

Walked up pheasant shooting probably isn’t the best thing to do with a young pointer. Especially if most walked up shooting is on shooting estates at the end of the season, the amount of birds on the ground would be too much for a young dog.

Thanks for your advice but the dog is really steady dropping to whistle, retrieving just need to get some birds shot over him before I trial him

Advertisement