Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Christmas Threadban Amnesty

Options
  • 21-12-2019 1:14pm
    Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,578 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

'tis the Season of Goodwill and as we approach the big day we've decided to give some of the naughty boys and girls a chance to redeem themselves and show Santa what good little children they can be

All threadbans in this forum are hereby lifted

Please note that if anyone simply goes back to the sort of behaviour that resulted in the threadban in the first place, they will in all likelihood end up with a harsher sanction

Merry Christmas all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

This is a great idea. Some people are very lonely around Christmas and well shure you know yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

BDI wrote: »
    This is a great idea. Some people are very lonely around Christmas and well shure you know yourself.
    Are you one of the miscreants just doing some brown nosing?!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,578 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

is_that_so wrote: »
    Are you one of the miscreants just doing some brown nosing?!

Nah - he's coming round to make my XMas lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

It's quite clearly a trap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Boggles wrote: »

Careful, you might trigger somebody.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,578 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Boggles wrote: »

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

You should let these naughty posters be Mods for Christmas day while the real Mods take the day off.

What could do wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

You should let these naughty posters be Mods for Christmas day while the real Mods take the day off.

What could do wrong?

The antifa thread ban 95% of us for being ‘fascists’ :pac:

Everyone who ever posted in a trump thread gets banned for being a russian bot or a hillary shill :pac:

It would mean a lot of peace and quiet here, and a shítshow in drp.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

7GFP.gif

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

That's favouritism.

What do those of us who've behaved ourselves over the years get?

Who do I complain to??? :D

• Advertisement

Just checked and in your case its N/A

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Please can this benevolence spread to After Hours? Thank you

Graces7 wrote: »
    Please can this benevolence spread to After Hours? Thank you
    Nuffin' to do wiv me gov'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

That's favouritism.

Who do I complain to??? :D

You get to put up with all the threadbanned users who acted the maggot.

If any more of you want to take advantage of a CA/IMHO threadban amnesty just let me know which thread you want to be banned from and we]ll see if we can do something similar next Christmas

Beasty wrote: »
    If any more of you want to take advantage of a CA/IMHO threadban amnesty just let me know which thread you want to be banned from and we]ll see if we can do something similar next Christmas
    I thought I must have been on some Double Secret Probation because I tried to post in the Trump Impeachment thread right after the amnesty announcement and it wouldn’t take. And the post was pure genius... Oh, well.

So I'd like to be unbanned from the Trump Impeachment thead. Thanks.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

notobtuse wrote: »
    I thought I must have been on some Double Secret Probation because I tried to post in the Trump Impeachment thread right after the amnesty announcement and it wouldn’t take. And the post was pure genius... Oh, well.

So I'd like to be unbanned from the Trump Impeachment thead. Thanks.
    A thread ban is not an actual ban banning you from the thread. Its an honour thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭jmreire

Nah - he's coming round to make my XMas lunch

Really??? i'd take that with a pinch of salt.....;););)

jmreire wrote: »
    Really??? i'd take that with a pinch of salt.....;););)
    TBH I can take or leave the salt - I'm happy with just a bit of ketchup on my XMas lunch chips....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭jmreire

TBH I can take or leave the salt - I'm happy with just a bit of ketchup on my XMas lunch chips....

Better off sticking to the ketchup,,,salt will only raise the blood pressure !!!! ;););)

• Advertisement

Nosnon wrote: »
    A thread ban is not an actual ban banning you from the thread. Its an honour thing.
    I didn’t know that. When I was told not to post... I didn’t. I’ll have to try again.

notobtuse wrote: »
    I didn’t know that. When I was told not to post... I didn’t. I’ll have to try again.

We can only have automated bans at forum and site levels, not at thread level. Of course they remain undocumented in terms of your Boards record - simply recorded by mods and harsher sanctions can be expected for ignoring a threadban

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

The antifa thread ban 95% of us for being ‘fascists’ :pac:

Everyone who ever posted in a trump thread gets banned for being a russian bot or a hillary shill :pac:

It would mean a lot of peace and quiet here, and a shítshow in drp.

If you’re not anti-fascist, what are you?

Advertisement