Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supermarket/atm on Inishmore

Options
  • 21-12-2019 3:51pm

Myself and 3 friends will visit the Aran Islands for a few days this new year's. We have an air bnb booked and are planning on cooking for ourselves those few days. We are travelling there via public transport and would like to travel light, I was wondering is the supermarket on the Island opened all year around or should we stock up on all our food after leaving the mainland?Also is there an atm on the island?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

People live there all year round.
    Yes, they have a supermarket and I think they have two ATMs (wooh).

spurious wrote: »
    People live there all year round.
    Yes, they have a supermarket and I think they have two ATMs (wooh).

Thanks, I have been to the supermarket there before but was wondering if it has different hours over the holiday period and might be closed. Good to hear about atms!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

As far as I remember the only ATM on Inishmore was the one in Spar. This was back in the day, I wonder where the second one would be

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The Bank of Ireland branch?

Advertisement