Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a gas engineer

Options
  • 21-12-2019 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My gas boiler is not turning on I am struggling to find anyone this side of Christmas, anyone know who could call out to Dublin 5? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

stevek93 wrote: »
    Hi all,

My gas boiler is not turning on I am struggling to find anyone this side of Christmas, anyone know who could call out to Dublin 5? Thanks

Try Phibsborough gas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

They look good thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Daniel O Donnell might have a wee look at it.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

What’s happening your boiler? I’m a plumber I’ll try help you now. Could be just a little thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Is there an error code?

• Advertisement

BDI wrote: »
    What’s happening your boiler? I’m a plumber I’ll try help you now. Could be just a little thing

It is a glow worm boiler the reset light was green so I checked the manual and it mentioned to turn the temp gauge to 0 and to full to reset, doing that put out the rest light and the burner started and so did the fan but kept putting itself out after 3 or so minutes, I found fuse the for the pump was blown I replaced it but now the boiler I cannot get it to start at all. When I press boost or advanced it lights up red on the control panel but the boiler now won't start the burner light is not showing nor is the reset light that is the only two indicators on the boiler no display.

Is there an error code?

No there is only a reset light and burner light.

Reset again and read the pressure on the gauge

I cannot see the gauge as it is pointing to the wall going to try get a camera to it.

Don’t worry Steve , sooner or later you will be cold enough to get results.

• Advertisement

I have fire lighting for now :D

Got a camera the gauge it is reading 0

You need to fill your heating with water until it reads 1/2 -1 more than likely. You may have a little leak somewhere.

If you start taking pictures of all the valves around the boiler and hotpress I can preobably tell you which one.

Hi, thanks for helping me out your right I am now frozen! Please see in the attached post I cannot find a filling loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

Glow Worm Micron.. Doesn't need pressure to work. See the 2 fused units on the left at least one is related to the boiler and needs to be on.

If it runs for 3 mins and switches off it could be the pump not running and boiler switches off on overheat.

wizardman wrote: »
    Glow Worm Micron.. Doesn't need pressure to work. See the 2 fused units on the left at least one is related to the boiler and needs to be on.

If it runs for 3 mins and switches off it could be the pump not running and boiler switches off on overheat.

The top fused unit was blown I have now replaced it, is there an external pump? if there is I believe it is under the floor up stairs in the bedroom, I have turned the two fused units off just before taking the photo I have turned the back on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

BDI wrote: »
    You need to fill your heating with water until it reads 1/2 -1 more than likely. You may have a little leak somewhere.

If you start taking pictures of all the valves around the boiler and hotpress I can preobably tell you which one.

Do you have a header tank in the attic? Or a fill valve somewhere?

The top fused unit was blown I have now replaced it, is there an external pump? if there is I believe it is under the floor up stairs in the bedroom, I have turned the two fused units off just before taking the photo I have turned the back on now.

Yes external pump. Need to check if it's turning.

All sorted. I had to take up the laminated flooring in the upstairs bedroom to locate the pump but was worth it hit it with a hammer a few times and it came back to life. Thanks to everybody for their help.

It’s a Christmas miracle Steve

• Advertisement

Thanks again.

No problem.. send on the cheque.. €30 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Isn't that great altogether

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

hit it with a hammer a few times

Ah...the advanced skills course....

Glad you got it sorted.

Advertisement