Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi Viz stalking gear

Options
  • 21-12-2019 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi All,

Looking for advise on weather to buy high viz cammo for deer stalking

Having bn stalking for a few years now and I’m getting more nervous going out at dawn and dusk camouflaged to the b**x in standard cammo.

Can Irish species deer see blaze orang cammo moreover std cammo - green black tones?

Any advise on gud stuff to buy would be helpful...

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Hi All,

Looking for advise on weather to buy high viz cammo for deer stalking

Having bn stalking for a few years now and I’m getting more nervous going out at dawn and dusk camouflaged to the b**x in standard cammo.

Can Irish species deer see blaze orang cammo moreover std cammo - green black tones?

Any advise on gud stuff to buy would be helpful...

Thanks

Have a read of this....
    https://www.grandviewoutdoors.com/big-game-hunting/whitetail-deer/whitetail-deer-biology/deers-vision-meets-eye

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 RaySla

Sportsmanguncentre always has orange gear on sale

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Great read that, I read that animals need 2 senses to realy react to danger. I have found that it's always movement that get the Deer moving.
    Usually always before I have spotted them :mad: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Try Decathlon for blaze, if you know someone heading over to the continent for thier end of or off season you'll get a good deal in the sales.
    There's plenty of camo style blaze ( wheather its a gimmick or not) offering shape break up out there as well as discreet stuff that allows the showing of blaze via hidden arm bands, blaze pocket flaps and removable or reversible panels.
    I'd have no issue wearing it (do so abroad) and thinks its ideal for walked up shooting, but would (me personally) feel a bit of a pillock if I was the only one in the hunting party doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,031 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

You can wear flouresent pink,orange and lime green no problem while deer hunting.Dont wear jeans.They show up to deer like those colours show up to us..

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

Try Decathlon for blaze, if you know someone heading over to the continent for thier end of or off season you'll get a good deal in the sales.

Decathlon have a website for sales in Ireland and are due to open 9 shops in Ireland over the next few years the first one next to IKEA in Dublin before the summer, although judging by the progress on site I think the timescale is ambitious.
    I bought a nice bit from the website before and also in their shop in Alicante and found their gear to be great value.
    I'll be shopping there again in February 😋😋

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

What I've noticed about Decathlon is their tendency to cater for the local majority demand. In other words, certain stores in France will have a bigger more extensive hunting department with gear specifically orientated to the regional hunting while others may have a lesser department while being concentrated on other sports and outdoor activities.

So hopefully we will have a good selection here.

But all in all, its one of the better shops I have come across for buying for multitudes of activities and sports under one roof.

Advertisement