Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VLAN 10

• 22-12-2019 2:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

On a post about third party router setup on vodafone it said you need to set vlan to 10. My version of windows 10 Home 1903, Has Realtek Network Aadapter but I cannot see any vlan settings and google has little to offer, other than info on generally doing it in NIC but the description of how to do it all, does not apply to my windows. Does anyone know how I get this setting done? It seems getting a better router setup is going to be very difficult, I add that I am complete novice with this technology I am 70 and just used to plug and play. My house has solid walls downstairs and the wi-fi signal fluctuates quite a lot and I am hoping to remedy it with a better router than the HG659 vodafone give out. All help and suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

VLAN on the WAN port of the router should be set to 10. And I believe this setting is only needed for fibre to the home connections.
    You should not set it on any local devices such as PCs,laptops, phones etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Welshprince

Thanks Tuxy so does that mean I will find the setting somewhere in the router software? I believe the Asus RT 86U that I am buying has a quick setup option so perhaps it will do it automatically? Thanks for replying there is so little info available or it is very well hidden!

Advertisement