Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir broadband speed

• 22-12-2019 9:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi I have got Eir broadband fibre and paying for 300 mb speed, just did a couple of test on WiFi and I am only getting 60 mbps download speed is this normal ? If not any ideas before I contact EIR. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,951 ✭✭✭✭banie01

What speed are you getting when running the test on a 1gb capable device plugged into the router directly?

WiFi speeds are not a measure of your connection speed, they are a measure of how well your WiFi devices and router cope with interference and crowded channels.

You need to test via a lan connected device before anyone can offer a valid opinion on whether there is an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 MrFireCoalMan

Make sure your device is connected to the 5g band, not 2.4g. My 150mb gives 140+ normally at 5g but only 60-70 on 2.4. Older devices may not have 5g capability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭blueballfc

Make sure your device is connected to the 5g band, not 2.4g. My 150mb gives 140+ normally at 5g but only 60-70 on 2.4. Older devices may not have 5g capability.

Thanks is the password different for the 5g does not seem to connect to ipad

banie01 wrote: »
    What speed are you getting when running the test on a 1gb capable device plugged into the router directly?

WiFi speeds are not a measure of your connection speed, they are a measure of how well your WiFi devices and router cope with interference and crowded channels.

You need to test via a lan connected device before anyone can offer a valid opinion on whether there is an issue.

Just plugged in a wired connection the got 168.2 mbps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭ExoPolitic

Also are you speaking about MB or Mb?

• Advertisement

ExoPolitic wrote: »
    Also are you speaking about MB or Mb?

Its Mpbs see the attached thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

What device?

ED E wrote: »
    What device?

It’s,the one supplied by EIr huawei f2000

No, I mean whats the computer.

ED E wrote: »
    No, I mean whats the computer.

apologies its a dell latitude E7270, thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭Falconire

blueballfc wrote: »
    apologies its a dell latitude E7270, thank you

That should be powerful enough to handle the full 300mbps over lan cable connected to the router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Smartbyte the application that comes installed on many Dell laptops is probably at fault. Uninstal ASAP.

^ This is what I was getting at.

Advertisement