Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats your favourite place to travel and why??

• 29-11-2004 1:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

Travelling broadens your mind. Being an emigrant myself staying in Dublin is like being on vacation on a daily basis. I really love this place. I like short trips to other cities and places.

One can read some of my travel experiences under www.reisenzeigen.de - if you understand German that is.

I once lived in Saudi Arabia for a year and when it comes to Europe I guess my favourite (excluding my beloved Dublin) is perhaps Glasgow and its surroundings.

Hard to say why really. I just like it there. Went to Liverpool, Manchester, Frankfurt and Stockholm as well this year but I´d say for the moment Glasgow is my favourite.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Has to be Turkey!

Weather is great, people love the Irish, food is excellent and dirt cheap. Drink is cheap enough too.

Country has lots of culture and historical sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 thereallyreal

Georgia ia a hidden treasure in the states. Has loads of amazing islands off it, is a short drive to Florida and the people are laidback and very friendly!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Difficult one to call that but at a push id say either Dubai or New York..both very different but magnificant cities.......... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Rossonero

France or Croatia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭tovalee

Georgia ia a hidden treasure in the states. Has loads of amazing islands off it, is a short drive to Florida and the people are laidback and very friendly!!!
    i agree, i spent some time on an lsland called tybee not far from savanah. Amazing place. was NOT impressed with Atlanta.
    I Spent a couple years in a town called Sarasota on the Gulf coast of florida too. Home of ringling bros circus, and peewee herman. :D they have amazing beaches there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Loved South Africa. Travelled around there a lot over the last couple of years. The country is amazing - great weather, excellent food and drink, amazing variety of scenery and the people are great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭HarryD

Cambodia... purely for the experience.. lovely people..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭loz_the_boz

Glenbeigh, Co Kerry

Advertisement