Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Soccer

Options
  • 22-12-2019 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭

Got ban, no warnings. Problem below :

You have been banned
    Dear Carpentry,

You have been banned from Soccer for one day for a breach of the forum charter.

Every forum on Boards.ie has a charter which lists any specific rules that forum may have and it is really important that you read this as it'll help you familiarise yourself with how that forum works. You should also understand that every forum is different and that charters are how you learn the differences.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

Thanx 4 The Fish

Moderator Note

No chat in humour thread.

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carpentry View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hello 2D Person Below View Post
    https://twitter.com/MainStandULTRAS/...529543681?s=19
    This must have been recorded right after liverpool won the league last time as there is still Czechoslovakia on the map

It wasnt chat, it was a joke, as we are posting funny things about football and this is funny to some.

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Have you discussed it with the mod?

You have to do that before you can appeal here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Have you discussed it with the mod?

You have to do that before you can appeal here.

Yes I have, his answer was :

Re: You have been banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carpentry
    Gonna dispute it.

Ok, crack on then.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

This is from the OP of the thread:
    Its really simple, keep this thread to Pics, Videos, Gifs and Quotations.

If you want to put in a piece of text with your post of Pics, Videos, Gifs and Quotations.
    , thats fine but there's going to be a zero tolerancy on chat, lets try keep this chat free please.

The no chat rule works perfectly fine in YLYL over on Cool Vids&Pics.

Seems pretty cut and dry to me. Your post was a comment on a previous post rather than anything that fits the above criteria. I see no reason to lift the ban.

You can ask an admin to review if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Mickeroo wrote: »
    This is from the OP of the thread:

Seems pretty cut and dry to me. Your post was a comment on a previous post rather than anything that fits the above criteria. I see no reason to lift the ban.

You can ask an admin to review if you want

Doesn't seem this way to everyone. See below.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=106246702

The twit that was posted was showing map of the world were Liverpool are champions. But the video was old as there was Czechoslovakia on the map, country was dissolved in 1993. Liverpool hasn't won the league in a long time, I thought it was funny to point it out, as I have said before, its a Humour thread.
    I did not intend to break any rules.

Ok in the interests of consistency I'll see if an admin can retroactively remove the ban.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

We cannot remove an expired ban. We can put a note on the account via a "warning" message that it has been overturned in the DRP.

Those 1 day bans for "chat" count for nothing so far as I am concerned though. I would always consider it a "technical" breach and would never take it into account when considering escalating sanctions, and it does not count in the Soccer Forum "totting up" process.

It is entirely up to you OP - I can put that note on the account if you wish

Advertisement