Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strava Festive 500

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

I'm on the Hill of Tara with the crumbs of a chocolate Santa. I need the calories!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Needed 132k...completed 136.6k. It's ok Rapha, you can keep the extra 5k! :)

Glad that's over and I'm looking forward to a day off the bike tomorrow. Well done everyone who participated, especially those who not only completed the 500k, but put in some serious elevation gain figures too!

Weather played a big part in completing this challenge for me. No rain and mild temperatures really helped.

Well done again and happy new year and safe cycling in 2020 everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

Done! 513km in total with one day off and with a day to spare. It was fun! I rediscovered some routes I haven't done in a while. The weather was ok, a bit too windy on Saturday and Sunday. I had two days of drizzle and mucky farm roads.

Well done everyone and here's to a great 2020

Hit my goal of 250 so tomorrow is a bonus. No way I was getting to 500 so I'm happy. Few dark and damp mornings but over all mild and dry. Christmas day heading home I saw my partner up the road and a few neighbours picking up a lad of about 12 or 13 who had the new bike go from under him on a bend on our road. He was fine more pride than physical damage and his bike went down on the non drive side. Saw him out on it earlier so he must be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Colm_D

Needed to do 198km today to finish it out. Did 204km... just to be on the safe side! :p:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Red Belly

Finished yesterday with 506kms in total. No bike on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day so happy to do it in 5 days riding and with a day to spare. 3rd year running. Never doing this again...

rb

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Some punter from England finished with 2109k for the week.

Ffs that’s nearly as much as I did in the whole year. He clearly hasn’t a job and kids.

Advertisement