Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barely any internet signal

• 23-12-2019 2:45am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As per title, i have a two year old sony xperia L1, it's never been great on signal but recently i'm getting constant buffering and/or blank pics on social media sites like facebook and instagram, twitter and boards seem fine.. Sometimes the h or 3g signal disappears completely, i am in an urban area and with eir. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

As per title, i have a two year old sony xperia L1, it's never been great on signal but recently i'm getting constant buffering and/or blank pics on social media sites like facebook and instagram, twitter and boards seem fine.. Sometimes the h or 3g signal disappears completely, i am in an urban area and with eir. Any ideas?
    It would seem that phones are made to force updates.

What browser are you using?
    What version of android?
    Did the phone drop?

They will likely be questions that will be asked, were you to bring it to a 'fixit' type shop.

Have you tried any apps for testing the wifi stability etc?

Maybe try super backup & restore.
    Back everything up.

Factory reset the phone. and restore everything. I won't go into the reasons why that could be the quickest and probably most convenient solution. backup on PC is best.

But if photographs are backed up (for example google photo) then, the rest should be easy enough and worth doing.

It could be multiple things. There could be a hardware issue affecting your signal, or it could be software related.

As mentioned, back up important stuff and try a factory reset to see if that improves it.

Other things you could try is a different networks SIM in your phone to see if the network is the issue, or put your SIM into a different phone to see if the problem is coming from the phone.

Advertisement