Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Marathon May 3rd 2020

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭browne_rob5

kukkanen wrote: »
    Does this race normally sell out ? Looking at potentially signing up if my target marathon abroad gets cancelled at the end of April

It will never sell out. You just have to keep an eye out for the closing date. I cant see one online but it says the postage option ends in mid April so would imagine you can register right up to the end of April for number pick up. They might have to copy what Belfast did and cancel the expo and post the numbers though.

Its my backup if London gets cancelled also.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kukkanen

Excellent, good to know. I'll keep an eye on the website and will book in later on if needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭kerrylad1

Cancelled now.New date oct 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LetsRunFar

kerrylad1 wrote: »
    Cancelled now.New date oct 4th.

Heartbroken. I know it had to be done but the training www going so good, now it’s for ‘’nothing’

Thinking about doing a 26.2 miler and tagging it on Strava as a race! Then going back and doing limerick in October

• Registered Users Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭opus

Think I'll defer 'til next year and hope that the 3/4 marathon goes ahead on Oct 4th instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Sussex18

I had don 2x18.2 míles and one 20 miler already.. And the 20 miler was in fast company and took an awful lot out of me.. Sadly all in vain now.. Training had gone so well. No idea where I'll be in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Mos Eisley

With Dublin getting cancelled today, what are peoples opinion on Limerick? Is there any chance of this going ahead? The numbers for the marathon are small but the 10k bumps the numbers considerably.

Unless they separated the marathon and ran it separately. I hope as I am entered, actually had most of the training done for May. But it's probably unlikely.. Sad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Limerick isn't a small event, it had something like plus 15,000 last year so I'm guessing its cancelled. I'm getting plenty of open water swimming and cycling done but with no races or parkruns forecast I'm finding it hard to motivate myself into too much running at the.

The marathon is a small event, fewer than 1000 usually. But I don't suppose that could separately from the other events?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

If the 6 Mile (short 10K) doesn't go ahead no way organiser will run a 400-800 marathon race not cost effective for them and its a commercial venture.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Trampas

ger664 wrote: »
    If the 6 Mile (short 10K) doesn't go ahead no way organiser will run a 400-800 marathon race not cost effective for them and its a commercial venture.

It’s all about the 6 mile race. Huge numbers enter it. It’s just wall of people going around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

Limerick isn't a small event, it had something like plus 15,000 last year so I'm guessing its cancelled. I'm getting plenty of open water swimming and cycling done but with no races or parkruns forecast I'm finding it hard to motivate myself into too much running at the.

Still no clarity on what events can happen in the end phases 4 and 5 and what criteria 're race field numbers and locations would be allowed. Hopefully Athletics Ireland and co can get some agreement soon as most events have a 2 to 3 month lead time at least ,without some guidance unlikely to be road races pre Xmas 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭jfh

Trampas wrote: »
    It’s all about the 6 mile race. Huge numbers enter it. It’s just wall of people going around.

Its an absolute joke of a start, why they haven't segregated the fast runners from the pram pushers is a mystery

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Trampas

jfh wrote: »
    Its an absolute joke of a start, why they haven't segregated the fast runners from the pram pushers is a mystery

I’ve only ever ran the half bar one year I did leg 2. No idea how anyone runs it. Especially pointy end. Crazy numbers. Running into the back of half and full. These blokes running nearly 20kph into people walking and jogging who at anytime could make a dart left or right. It’s boarder line dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Mos Eisley

Got an email from the organisers, the race is cancelled for 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭JimmyChew

2021 is a virtual affair.
    If I'm not mistaken it's e20 for reg regardless of distance with medal & T-shirt posted out and a fiver going to one of the selected charities. Seems very reasonable.
    Still though, 2nd year running without the big day out for my home city marathon is disappointing.

Advertisement