Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Christmas message- stop voting Healy-Rae

• 23-12-2019 10:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭

At this joyous time of the year and with an election more than likely coming up in the new year - I have a special message for you all:
    Please, please stop voting Healy Rae.

I know MHR seems like a nice man but these characters offer nothing on a national scale other than permanent embarrassment and support for pocket liners like John Delaney.

The idea that roads, etc only get built in Kerry because of them is absolutely ludicrous as all these decisions are taken at a national development plan level and would happen anyway - with the real local beneficiary being those who have large plant hire contracts around the county.

They have somehow managed to build this ridiculous us v’s them siege mentality when it comes to elections but there is no us - there is just whatever is for the betterment of their agenda.

You want something done for Kerry- then vote for whomever in the next election talks about bringing more jobs to the county not showing you how to swindle additional handouts because that just leaves you reliant on them even more.

For the last 20 years they have sold this idea of no one does anything for Kerry but we’ll change it- well if they are still trotting that same line while being incumbent TDa turn they are clearly part of the problem.

For the love of God, from one Kerry person to another- please end this and vote for anyone else. Please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

But they came to my pet poodles funeral and shook my hand.....of course I'll vote the gombeens back in :)

*I don't have a pet poodle!!

I'm not from Kerry,only live here;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

But they came to my pet poodles funeral and shook my hand.....of course I'll vote the gombeens back in :)

*I don't have a pet poodle!!

I'm not from Kerry,only live here;)

They are there so long that they are now the status quo- if you are not happy with job creation in the county then vote for someone/anyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Did he outline a solid political manifesto based around the creation of long term jobs on living with Lucy? Otherwise it has no real relevance to his political career

I dont really watch it and didnt see that episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Did he outline a solid political manifesto based around the creation of long term jobs on living with Lucy? Otherwise it has no real relevance to his political career

I dont really watch it and didnt see that episode.

That was just my Christmas message Gill, don't worry be happy.

https://web.archive.org/web/20120205193730/http://www.rollingstone.com/music/photos/the-15-best-whistling-songs-of-all-time-20110930/bobby-mcferrin-dont-worry-be-happy-1988-0004547

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Is he still planning the biggest welcome of all time for John Delaney??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,980 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I know this is going to sound elitist, but the reality is that when anyone from that family is elected, many who are not Kilgarvan natives shake their heads and wonder WTF!

But Kerry people especially around that part know better I suppose. Let us know so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

I'm not from Kerry so I support not voting for them regardless of how good they are for Kerry.

The main reason I don't want them elected is because anytime there is a conservative view in any debate, it's one of them Healy-Rae gobshytes picked to argue it! Not every conservative is a gobshyte! Thanks.

I know this is going to sound elitist, but the reality is that when anyone from that family is elected, many who are not Kilgarvan natives shake their heads and wonder WTF!

But Kerry people especially around that part know better I suppose. Let us know so!

What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,433 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

They are cute as sh1thouse rats. They fool the D4 media into thinking they are clowns and fool their own constituents into thinking nothing would happen in Kerry without them.

• Advertisement

They have made us a laughing at national level and locally have set Kerry back a few generations. We are back to a feudal fiefdom paying tribute to our lords. 

It will be cavorting druids and dung for dinner next. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭dobman88

The Healy Raes will always have 6 votes in our house. Except Jackie Junior. He comes across a a self entitled rich kid who wants things his own way like a spoilt child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Wilfuler.

Good post

Politicians like the Healy Raes do nothing except sow confusion and take money

dobman88 wrote: »
    The Healy Raes will always have 6 votes in our house. Except Jackie Junior. He comes across a a self entitled rich kid who wants things his own way like a spoilt child.

And job creation will remain non existent while they make money off any infrastructure projects that are built and sell it as some benevolent endeavour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Do they employ someone to sign or do sub titles????

Can't understand a word out of them ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,094 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

One thing in their favour is that they managed to oust Jimmy Deenihan, who somehow managed to get re-elected time and time again over the decades, despite having done diddly-squat throughout his entire career. It was unfortunate that the person who ousted him though, was starved of oxygen at birth.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭wackokid

ejmaztec wrote: »
    One thing in their favour is that they managed to oust Jimmy Deenihan, who somehow managed to get re-elected time and time again over the decades, despite having done diddly-squat throughout his entire career. It was unfortunate that the person who ousted him though, was starved of oxygen at birth.

Deenihan retired having done his bit. FF were in power for most of his Dail time so he couldn't really get much done.
    Those Healy Rae's are an embarrassment so is Donald Trump. What does that tell us about the electorate.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,094 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

wackokid wrote: »
    Deenihan retired having done his bit. FF were in power for most of his Dail time so he couldn't really get much done.
    Those Healy Rae's are an embarrassment so is Donald Trump. What does that tell us about the electorate.?

He retired after he lost, and what was the "bit" that he finished doing, because I don't even recall his starting any "bits", let alone finishing any of them :p

As for the Healy-Raes. I don't know what they achieve, but MHR at least seems to be visible around the constituency. Perhaps people think that he's doing something for them, and assume that the TDs that they don't see are doing nothing.

People do say that they get things done (although I've never seen any evidence), but they don't seem to realise that the only one who did get things done was the late JHR, and only because he was propping up a coalition government, and getting rewarded for his backing. None of the Healy-Raes have been in the same position since, but the people voting for them don't seem to realise that they haven't got anything like the same power.

Anyhow, World politics has gone to the dogs, with rich candidates telling poor plebs what they want to hear, and getting elected off the back of stupidity because the plebs are convinced that the "popular" candidate is acting in their interests, when in reality they're not. I think there must be an excess of lead in the water supplies in some "democratic" countries.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    He retired after he lost, and what was the "bit" that he finished doing, because I don't even recall his starting any "bits", let alone finishing any of them :p

As for the Healy-Raes. I don't know what they achieve, but MHR at least seems to be visible around the constituency. Perhaps people think that he's doing something for them, and assume that the TDs that they don't see are doing nothing.

People do say that they get things done (although I've never seen any evidence), but they don't seem to realise that the only one who did get things done was the late JHR, and only because he was propping up a coalition government, and getting rewarded for his backing. None of the Healy-Raes have been in the same position since, but the people voting for them don't seem to realise that they haven't got anything like the same power.

Anyhow, World politics has gone to the dogs, with rich candidates telling poor plebs what they want to hear, and getting elected off the back of stupidity because the plebs are convinced that the "popular" candidate is acting in their interests, when in reality they're not. I think there must be an excess of lead in the water supplies in some "democratic" countries.

MHR: "See all those roads in the National Development Plan? Yeah we are responsible for all those"

Sensible human being: "But you dont feed into the plan as you're not a part of the government and to be honest any work done in the county is still minimal while there has been no job creation for all your time in the Dail"

MHR: "Ah that's only what those b*stards in Dublin want you to think, they are anti-rural"

Sensible human being: "That's just hackneyed old nonsense and dont you, although you dont contribute to the building of any of these roads, benefit more than anyone due to the fact that you have used your privileged position to hand yourself relatively extortionate council contracts"

MHR: "I'm telling you, the Dublin media are out to get us- they hate rural Ireland"

Sensible human being: "But sure thats just nonsense - you are just essentially a pair of local TD John Delaneys giving yourself preferential contracts"

MHR: "Ah, I have to go attend a funeral in Sneem in a bit but dont worry I've signed in to the Dail so I'll still get my sweet, sweet money"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Closing this thread. Risk of defamation etc.
    Go to politics board if you want to talk politics. MOD

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement