Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir Magecom Fiber Box Firewall

• 23-12-2019 2:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭

I recently switched back to Eir after many years trouble free with Vodafone.

I was sent the new Magecom Fiber Box. I opened ports on firewall yet they do not work. I see under IP4 NAT is disabled. Called Eir support and I am told they do not support firewalls and have no idea what NAT is :(

Has anyone else encountered firewall issues with these new modems?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Unfortunately I don't think the more experienced members on here have had a chance to get their hands on this new router yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

davebirl wrote: »
    I recently switched back to Eir after many years trouble free with Vodafone.

I was sent the new Magecom Fiber Box. I opened ports on firewall yet they do not work. I see under IP4 NAT is disabled. Called Eir support and I am told they do not support firewalls and have no idea what NAT is :(

Has anyone else encountered firewall issues with these new modems?

Hi Dave

Any joy with this?
    My dad got fiber in today and has the Sagemcom Fiber Box also
    Any of his previous routers, I have sorted port forwarding for a CCTV DVR and Plex server etc, but I've been at this for hours and no joy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭davebirl

I got nowhere with Eir support so switched back to my Vodafone Router and guess what, ports were blocked there too.
    Seems to be something on the account that is blocking all ports.
    I work with Eir so might call my account Manager for work tomorrow and see if he can shed light on it.

I got nowhere with Eir support so switched back to my Vodafone Router and guess what, ports were blocked there too.
    I work with Eir so might call my account Manager for work tomorrow and see if he can shed light on it.

Oh ok. Very odd alright
    I switched on the UPNP settings and it seems to have worked for Plex Media server, but cannot get anything else to work!

Just checking in with you to see if you had any luck with this Dave?
    I've more or less given up on it at this stage

• Advertisement
Advertisement